Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 09:02 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,029,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
The word you use in there is "LIKELY".
The water contained at least 10 compounds known to be used in frack fluids. How much more evidence do you need?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 12:58 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
The water contained at least 10 compounds known to be used in frack fluids. How much more evidence do you need?
A lot of those compounds are already in the ground and it's still not proven, just "likely".

Even if it is, again, no reason to shut the whole world down.

Going by your approach if there is a car accident we should ban cars. Or if there is a murder we should ban guns. Or if someone chokes on a Diablo sandwich, ban food. When the rationality goes out the window and turns into this we have to stop everything, I'm not really interested in hearing it. It's not sensible or reasonable.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:14 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,997,570 times
KaaBoom wrote: Misinformation! Do you have issues reading charts? Peak Oil has been proven correct. It accurately predicted that the peak would be in the 1970s (Not that we would be running out of oil in the 1970s.) Which is exactly what happened. Again you clearly have no knowledge on this subject. You are just making it up as you go along. Again here is the chart.

I don't think he makes it up. He appears to be a graduate of Faux News......where facts don't matter.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:04 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,688,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where'sHome? View Post
Good lord, I didn't mean to start a ####-storm.

I understand this is a hot topic and my primary concern is the aquifer since the chemicals used vary from company to company and they're a proprietary mix to that company. With that said let me ask a few questions about specific areas:
- Boulder and surrounding areas; Lyons, Jamestown outskirts (since they have their own water issues due to run-off), Estes Park (too far to drive to and from daily, but I'm curious), what's the talk about those areas and fracking sites.

Thank you and I appreciate your help!
As you can see, this is a hot topic in Colorado, and the country right now. You didn't start the storm, merely just a window to discuss it again. Not sure if you saw this thread already, but worth a read if you have not. //www.city-data.com/forum/color...ur-future.html

If I were you, I would start making some calls and/or written requests to the cities you are interested in. Find out who manages their water and ask for reports on water quality. Then, I would contact some researchers who are studying fracking in the area and find out from them what they think about it. It sounds like a lot of work, and it probably is, but it might be the only way you are going to get answers. You certainly aren't going to hear anything negative by talking to the gas companies who are doing the fracking! I would also contact the EPA and find out when and if they will be studying the areas that interest you and what their timeline is for a report.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:09 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,997,570 times
Where'sHome wrote: Good lord, I didn't mean to start a ####-storm

For better or worse the Colorado page IS a stormy corner of cyberspace. Those of us commenting here are a bunch of opinionated people, quite willing to express our opinions which range across a very wide spectrum.....often 180 degrees apart. Although it may not always be apparent, underneath the flames is a great deal of respect for one another, even for the ones we constanly butt heads with.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 09-21-2012 at 10:24 AM..

Old 09-21-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
KaaBoom wrote: Misinformation! Do you have issues reading charts? Peak Oil has been proven correct. It accurately predicted that the peak would be in the 1970s (Not that we would be running out of oil in the 1970s.) Which is exactly what happened. Again you clearly have no knowledge on this subject. You are just making it up as you go along. Again here is the chart.

I don't think he makes it up. He appears to be a graduate of Faux News......where facts don't matter.
I think you are right.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post

Facts do matter, but as someone who took plenty of statistic classes in college, I learn to look beyond two dimensional diagrams and examine the whole picture.

Oil production is going up and now with 3d seismic surveys in recent years it's changed the picture as to what is under the USA and as it stands the facts are the USA is sitting on tons of resources.

Kaaboom and his ilk promote these apocalyptic scenarios as a way to drive behavior and cowl people into submission and accepting more government control and bureaucracy(as if those clowns know anything). It is a regression into barbarianism.

The best solution is the individual and a prosperous economy with abundant energy. When an economy is prosperous, there is the capital available to further technology and develop better products and a demand for it.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Facts do matter, but as someone who took plenty of statistic classes in college, I learn to look beyond two dimensional diagrams and examine the whole picture.

Oil production is going up and now with 3d seismic surveys in recent years it's changed the picture as to what is under the USA and as it stands the facts are the USA is sitting on tons of resources.

Kaaboom and his ilk promote these apocalyptic scenarios as a way to drive behavior and cowl people into submission and accepting more government control and bureaucracy(as if those clowns know anything). It is a regression into barbarianism.

The best solution is the individual and a prosperous economy with abundant energy. When an economy is prosperous, there is the capital available to further technology and develop better products and a demand for it.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post

That's all you got? Did you run out of energy from having to hold your hands up in the air all day to collect all that free solar and wind electricity?

Old 09-22-2012, 12:25 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
It is a regression into barbarianism.
We might be better off, at least we will still have a planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado