Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2006, 08:47 AM

131 posts, read 447,020 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm a newcomer here. Lots of good info. My working vacation plans are for New Mexico and southern Colorado. CJ mentioned Cortez a town I haven't visited in about 6 yrs. and I'm definitely going to try Trinidad. Beautiful Pagosa Springs I think has gotten to expensive for me. Anyone familiar with the Route 12 Loop Highway of Legends and the Spanish Peaks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2006, 04:29 PM

4 posts, read 16,630 times
Default col 12 hghwy of legends

sorry for the late response, but i own a log home right off of highway 12 north of a town called weston, and right below the spanish peaks. this is some of the most beautiful area in the country. aspens, blue sruce, huge elks herds and not a lot of snow. you can get a lot for your money here. 35 acre lots from around 40k and up. and your still only about 30 minutes from trinidad which has a wal-mart LOL. steve

Old 07-24-2009, 02:21 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,341,033 times
I'll be in that area soon. Are the properties still in that price range? Can you live there all year rouond. Getting to Trinidad in the middle of the winter, is it a problem? I am getting that Route 12 is about 8000 feet where as Trinidad is 6000 feet. Any retire type people in the area. I'll check this out soon but would appreciate information.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:04 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,774,262 times
The area immediately adjacent to the spanish peaks is real pretty. Once you get away from it (like towards trinidad) it get dusty and barren.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:58 PM

3 posts, read 11,870 times
On our way to NM; before you get to Ration Pass, I saw a little spot off to the right of the interstate that looked like what was once a community that is now deserted ruins that sits along a frontage road. Does anyone have any information on list location? How to get access to this frontage road, is this on private property? Any information would be appreciated.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:38 PM

481 posts, read 1,300,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenbren.cc View Post
On our way to NM; before you get to Ration Pass, I saw a little spot off to the right of the interstate that looked like what was once a community that is now deserted ruins that sits along a frontage road. Does anyone have any information on list location? How to get access to this frontage road, is this on private property? Any information would be appreciated.
I'm guessing you saw the ruins of St. Aloysius church in what used to be the coal mining town of Morley, CO. Here's a link to learn more of the history: Morley, Colorado - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is private property but interestingly enough it's for sale. Historic Morley "Cima" Townsite How cool would it be to own a ghost town?

Old 01-09-2015, 03:49 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,341,033 times
That Church is part of the Santa Fe Trail Ranch subdivision. You get off exit 6 but can't get to the Ruins because it is a private subdivision of 35 acre homes. We're interested in building on the pass.

Old 01-09-2015, 04:40 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,301,121 times
^Debbie just curious if you ever bought out that way. I remember reading some of your posts a few years back as I was looking at 35+ acre parcels out that way as well. At the end of the day I didn't go ahead with the purchase because the job offer that brought us out that way ended up not being the best fit. Also I was looking at land out by Weston and didn't like the active fracking going on on the parcels we could afford. Beautiful area though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado