Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 06:48 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,115,888 times

Advertisements

Salida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 07:11 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,500,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
I have plenty of personal and professional accomplishments. And I didn't have any need for marijuana or other drugs that might have gotten in the way of them. I am one of the most respected people in my career field--a field where I could not hold the job if I tested positive for marijuana. Yes, there are people who were/are quite successful while using or addicted to alcohol or illicit drugs. You have to wonder how much MORE successful that they might have been without the chemical dependency. Ever think about that?
Cannabis does not cause chemical dependency, ever think about that?

What field are you employed in, why so vague. I should be able to google the field and find your name since you are one of the most respected in it... unless you are embellishing, which seems likely.

Quote:
I have plenty of personal and professional accomplishments. And I didn't have any need for marijuana or other drugs that might have gotten in the way of them.
Didn't have any need for something (allegedly) negative? Do you read your posts?

Dude, leave Colorado. You said this law has you thinking about it, go for it, we wont miss you, and the state will not fall into disrepair. You can watch from Alabama or some other deep south state given your stance on personal liberty.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:26 PM

17,988 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
What field are you employed in, why so vague. I should be able to google the field and find your name since you are one of the most respected in it... unless you are embellishing, which seems likely.
If I were you, I'd quit towing the line of TOS violations such as cyberstalking and baiting. If I was him, I'd tell you nothing. I'll tell you now, we that have been posting in here for going on 6 years, he's legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Cannabis does not cause chemical dependency, ever think about that?
I don't know about Jazz, but I've imbibed in the substance before. Call it what you will, but the mind and body has a hard time putting it down once you start. But once you somehow quit, cold turkey or any other way, I didn't suffer physically, but somewhat psychologically. Call that whatever you wish. Others have not found it that easy to quit... or somehow could quit... someday... if they really wanted to...

Old 11-08-2012, 07:30 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,993,025 times
delta07 wrote: I actually make clothing with hemp fabric, which is sourced from China.

I have a shirt that is made with a hemp/cotton blend. It's one of my favorite shirts. I drink a hemp protein shake after every workout at the gym. The amino acid profile of hemp protein is ideal for human consumption.
The short of it is that Hemp is a whole, non-genetically modified well-rounded living food. It is full of good fats, high in protein and electrically charged to be received by your body. It gives you solid energy and will help stabilize your energy levels through the day. The best part is that it is super easy to consume as you need only add in hemp protein powder to your favorite juice, milk or mix in the blender with fresh fruit.
Read more about hemp protein

Old 11-08-2012, 10:50 PM

18,703 posts, read 33,369,579 times
I work in detoxes (although insurance will not cover someone who only smokes pot). There is no medical tx or physical w/d from pot. Some people can drink socially, wine with dinner, a couple of beers at a club, etc., and some people can smoke pot the same way. My observation is that people who smoke regularly, a lot, become kinda... stupified. Vague. Then again, people who over-drink regularly are the same way.
I personally don't care if pot is legal or not, and find it kind of adolescent if people are so eager to associate with other pot smokers "like-minded". I mean, do beer drinkers need their own social gatherings for a beer?
I really would like to see taxpayer money no longer going to prosecuting pot smokers/dealers and would love to see a tax on the product if legal- in any state.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:02 PM

I'm just going to express my personal experience with the reality of the drug from my perspective.

I don't come into contact with weed-smokers at all any more. When I worked for my pot-hoarfing brother, I had to room with pot-smokers from time to time.

I refused to let them smoke in the hotel room so they would either sneek outside to the rental car (dangerous), or they would stick their heads out the window and blow their smoke out there, or they would "take a shower" and blow the smoke into the fart-fan vent.

Then they would cough that awful weed-smoking-stenching cough throughout the night.

Worthless scumbags.

Oh, imo.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:06 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,821,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I'm just going to express my personal experience with the reality of the drug from my perspective.

I don't come into contact with weed-smokers at all any more. When I worked for my pot-hoarfing brother, I had to room with pot-smokers from time to time.

I refused to let them smoke in the hotel room so they would either sneek outside to the rental car (dangerous), or they would stick their heads out the window and blow their smoke out there, or they would "take a shower and blow the smoke into the fart-fan vent.

Then they would cough that awful weed-smoking-stenching cough throughout the night.

Worthless scumbags.

Oh, imo.
But comparable alcohol drinkers would be sneaking from their flasks. Compare oranges to oranges.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:22 PM

Drinkers like me would be punching doctors, head-butting and biting cops, eating all the pizza, and puking on the walls.

I'm not trying to be a snob here.

If you ever see me or anyone like me drinking booze, lock me up. This just isn't my reality anymore.

I don't hang out with alcohol abusers anymore.

In fact... I've preached them far away from me by accident more often than not... unintentionally ... if you could fathom that!

Old 11-09-2012, 12:24 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,120,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyva View Post
What towns will spring up best marijuana cafes, night life, ect?

That's the best aspect about this law IMO, the freedom to socialize with other like minded folks freely

CONGRATULATIONS COLORADO ON A64!!!!!!

The irony is that smoking marijuana is likely to be limited by the Colorado Indoor Clean Air Act. Like tobacco cigarettes, there will be a whole host of places that you will not be able to smoke marijuana.

See the list of restrictions here

The law was already been amended to include smoking marijuana.

This prohibition will effectively prohibit the creation of marijuana cafes, and the amendment itself prohibits smoking in public so....

Immovable object, meet unstoppable force.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:35 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,500,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
If I were you, I'd quit towing the line of TOS violations such as cyberstalking and baiting. If I was him, I'd tell you nothing. I'll tell you now, we that have been posting in here for going on 6 years, he's legit.
I was not aware that constituted cyber stalking, I call it being credible. When I make a claim I tend to back it up with sources and documented fact. I am fine with him not sharing what he does, I really don't care.... but don't brag about it. "I have done all these things that validate my point, but won't mention what they are."

Again, I don't need to know. I am not "stalking" him, just asking him to just back up his claims... which to a stranger, over the internet, are boisterous. (I am sure you can understand that.)

Quote:
I don't know about Jazz, but I've imbibed in the substance before. Call it what you will, but the mind and body has a hard time putting it down once you start. But once you somehow quit, cold turkey or any other way, I didn't suffer physically, but somewhat psychologically. Call that whatever you wish. Others have not found it that easy to quit... or somehow could quit... someday... if they really wanted to...
Wrong. No offense, but incorrect. Cannabis does not have habit forming properties, but people are habitual creatures, some more than others. Once you engage in a routine for around 60 days or more, your body accepts it as a habit... some people are literally just more prone to addiction.

If you engage in any activity for 60 days straight (or longer), and then drop it, your mind and body will have a hard time putting it down.. It isn't how cannabis works, it is how the brain works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado