Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:32 AM

129 posts, read 250,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
I don't ski a lot, but what if Colorado loses the spot as one of the best states to ski in the US? That's all we have!
As someone who rarely skis, I can tell you that is far from the truth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 11:31 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,116,567 times
The visits are down so the deals are on.
Can't beat this one:
At Durango Mountain Resort , ski and stay 3 nights for $199, including equipment, lessons and a $50 a day dining credit. This 3 day/3 night $199 per person rate is based on double occupancy, with slopeside lodging at Purgatory Village Hotel, with skiing included for all three days, and Burton Snowboard or Rossignol Experience ski rentals, plus three days of ski or snowboard lessons if you are interested. This Durango Deal is available through Feb 13.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:54 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,110,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
I don't ski a lot, but what if Colorado loses the spot as one of the best states to ski in the US? That's all we have!
Won't happen as long as the resorts and the state continue to pump more money into global marketing than any other state.

Colorado Ski Country = the best there is at marketing an inferior product (except for the Chicago Cubs--their skills are legendary )

Old 01-24-2013, 01:04 PM

858 posts, read 1,501,322 times
Our numbers are up here in Tahoe this season.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:29 PM

19 posts, read 37,312 times
Skiing in Colorado is a huge pain in the ass. The traffic has completely drove me away from it. There are much better ways to spend my time than sitting in that God-awful I-70 mess.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:24 PM

59 posts, read 128,486 times
^^So go to the places away from I-70. Granted, the snowfall sucks this year but skiing is skiing is skiing and it's what you make of it. I live in CB and have 50+ days under my belt so far, without any of the extremes being open yet and it could be a while before they open. Quite a few of those areas slid big during some control sessions.

Crested Butte
Steamboat
Telluride
Purgatory/Durango
Wolf Creek

This guy managed to make the most of the hardpack available to him:

Hair jump @ Mammoth Mountain California - YouTube (adult synonyms for "poo" uttered, in case you have virgin ears nearby)

Old 01-24-2013, 08:32 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,700,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethehighcountry View Post
As someone who rarely skis, I can tell you that is far from the truth!
I am a huge fan of Colorado and all that it has to offer, but when it comes to a national (and even international) level, that's all Colorado really has as far as people know.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:19 AM

19 posts, read 37,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droppin By View Post
^^So go to the places away from I-70. Granted, the snowfall sucks this year but skiing is skiing is skiing and it's what you make of it. I live in CB and have 50+ days under my belt so far, without any of the extremes being open yet and it could be a while before they open. Quite a few of those areas slid big during some control sessions.

Crested Butte
Steamboat
Telluride
Purgatory/Durango
Wolf Creek

This guy managed to make the most of the hardpack available to him:

Hair jump @ Mammoth Mountain California - YouTube (adult synonyms for "poo" uttered, in case you have virgin ears nearby)
Because those places are even further from Denver, 4+ hour drives. I have a real career here and wouldn't have time for 50 days "under my belt" even if I lived next door. Who gives a **** how many days a year you ski? You are not curing cancer or being paid to ski. Hardcore skiers really think they are badass and impressive based on number of days on the slopes per year. Do something really impressive and then we'll talk.

I take my vacations to international locations that are far more interesting that skiing.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:06 AM

5,089 posts, read 15,401,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromalderaan View Post
Because those places are even further from Denver, 4+ hour drives. I have a real career here and wouldn't have time for 50 days "under my belt" even if I lived next door. Who gives a **** how many days a year you ski? You are not curing cancer or being paid to ski. Hardcore skiers really think they are badass and impressive based on number of days on the slopes per year. Do something really impressive and then we'll talk.

I take my vacations to international locations that are far more interesting that skiing.
This is so true. I have run into many of these one track minds. I had problem with the same self absorbed skiers who worked for me. They would not show up for work because of a good snowfall at the slopes. It happened so many times and some were even honest why they were not at work, as they expected me to feel the same; they could not understand when I fired them---"Dude, what is wrong with you?"

I laugh when I think of these lazy losers because this attitude will continue their whole lives to any obligation to family and a career--me first. Look at me--I am a skier...even more now when I hear on this forum, Da.....ahhhh, I want to go to college....study....I don't know what I want....but....but.....I...have to be able to get quickly to.....daaa.... snowboard....ooooh....ahhh...Dude!

Livecontent

Old 01-25-2013, 11:50 AM

3,763 posts, read 8,752,166 times
Wow! Folks getting their panties in a bunch because someone simply mentioned that they have been skiing 50 times this year!

There are plenty of us successful professionals who are the furtherest thing from lazy losers, have season's passes & simply enjoy making time in busy schedules for skiing. Great exercise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado