Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 10:24 PM

25 posts, read 157,661 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping to come for a visit/look around in April, but my current job may stop that due to some 'training' we are now being told will be done in April The next time I will have enough free time from work to take a week and look around will be in July, but I'm hoping to already be living there by then. I have been getting some calls/interest here lately, and even had one today that is already thinking of doing a face to face interview in April. My goal is to be living/working in Colorado within a year, 5 years tops no matter what it takes. I'm not getting any younger and it's time to stop talking about it and get to doing.

I am a little disappointed with the new gun laws that was just put in place (not a gun nut at all), to me with that they are restricting freedom. Can't be a Libertarian state when you are passing laws that go against the Constitution. I have seen that there are actions already going to repeal those laws and I'm guessing that governor will not get reelected when the next election comes up. If I'm there by then I know I won't be voting for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 11:15 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR516 View Post
Also I'm sure most have heard if you don't like the laws in your state then move. I don't like the laws where I live so I am looking to move to a place where the laws agree more with me, if you don't like your state laws then move to one of the other states that still prohibits marijuana and calls it freedom.
wow. good luck on your move with that attitude

Old 03-21-2013, 10:33 AM

2,403 posts, read 5,240,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcliffe View Post
A state half full of people who just wanna sit around and get high. I haven't seen too many productive pot heads................
I guess you haven't really been looking.

Obama, Bloomberg, Ted Turner, Michael Phelps, Richard Branson, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Stephen King, etc.

The 10 Most Successful Potheads on the Planet… Cool Enough to Admit It «
Attached Thumbnails
Where to move in Colorado for jobs/friendly marijuana laws-schwarzenegger_smoking_joint.jpg  

Last edited by geos; 03-21-2013 at 10:51 AM..

Old 03-22-2013, 11:03 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
I guess you haven't really been looking.

Obama, Bloomberg, Ted Turner, Michael Phelps, Richard Branson, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Stephen King, etc.

The 10 Most Successful Potheads on the Planet… Cool Enough to Admit It «
I was a bit surprised Justin Timberlake, very successful lights up on a regular basis. I don't have an MMJ card but several former co-worker do these same people make 75-100k and aren't firing up during the day the do it at home after work............no different than some lawyer or politician that enjoys a good scotch.......oh wait lawyers drink during the day at times.

I like Fast Time at Ridge Mont High as much as anyone but I don't know anyone that has a red card and acts like Jeff Spicoli.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:20 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,813,159 times
One major misconception about people that use MJ is that they are all freak flag throwing new age hippies or worthless panhandlers, or full of tatts and piercings. It's kind of like when outsiders think Denver is some hippie haven;which it isn't.
Denver was much like Portland hippie about thirty years ago...places like Wash.Park that are now gentrified. When Denver was pretty hippie it was also pretty conservative and still had it's share of cowboy types. The two mixed like oil and water.

Many of those pot smoking people myself included grew older, lost the punk rock attitude and became more adult like in style and appearance. I still have friends that smoke from back in the day that lay around like stagnant sediment on river bottoms watching the stream(world) pass them by. Many of them are still non productive and lost in the 1980's. Conversely I know people of my same generation ,1985 HS grads. that are at the very top of their game in high tech,energy, law, and medicine that still smoke. I know there was a time when I literally wore nothing but Armani,Prada,Zenga $700 sunglasses drove expensive cars spent hundreds on skin care products, sold high end real estate looked down on others because I was a plastic douchbag but still smoked the occasional joint.

I actually lost a ton of money,respect, feelings of self worth, level of productivity, obviously some major brain cells if you read many of my posts to a drug called alcohol. I am finally getting past that by the grace of GOD.TMI?

The point is one size does not fit all when it comes to your so called typical mj user. In my day I have smoked with major
celebrities ,rock stars ,CEOs as well as complete bums,cowboys,hard core military types, surfers , complete skid row losers that have never worked an hour in their life.

What's your typical alcohol user like? Do they ALL meet somewhere drink coffee and say "hello my name is_____ and I'm an alcoholic?"

To answer the OP's question. I think Manitou Springs is pretty cool a little too touristy but very laid back. Lived there for a very brief time, just too slow lane for me personally though.

Last edited by Scott5280; 03-24-2013 at 09:30 AM..

Old 03-25-2013, 10:51 PM

10 posts, read 22,271 times
Default A good rhythm here...

I figured I'd hop in here since there are extreme opinions; it's a great way to cover a lot of ground.

My wife, myself, and brother-in-law are heading out to CO for some downtime and quiet. We'd love some suggestions for outside of Denver...ala accessible by mass transit within an hour. We're hard working with a splendor of talents and will get along just fine anywhere, but we'd like some suggestions for livability.

Is there any hope of finding a decent 2BR Apt somewhere nice that we wouldn't HAVE to own a car for less than 800? I know that might be laughable within Denver, but the city itself doesn't interest me much. Finding a job would be nice, even if not an executive position; living is ok.

The transit maps are pretty precise, but still a bit overwhelming when you aren't familiar with each and every point. We are coming from New Jersey, the butth*le of the East, so great expectations are not on my list. We'd like some quiet, affordable living while still being able to have broadband. Travelling a bit for fun is not a concern. I'll stop rambling and hope someone tolerates me enough to respond. Thanks kindly.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:03 AM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times

Old 03-26-2013, 09:55 AM

802 posts, read 984,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-TheBowelOfTheEast View Post
I figured I'd hop in here since there are extreme opinions; it's a great way to cover a lot of ground.

My wife, myself, and brother-in-law are heading out to CO for some downtime and quiet. We'd love some suggestions for outside of Denver...ala accessible by mass transit within an hour. We're hard working with a splendor of talents and will get along just fine anywhere, but we'd like some suggestions for livability.

Is there any hope of finding a decent 2BR Apt somewhere nice that we wouldn't HAVE to own a car for less than 800? I know that might be laughable within Denver, but the city itself doesn't interest me much. Finding a job would be nice, even if not an executive position; living is ok.

The transit maps are pretty precise, but still a bit overwhelming when you aren't familiar with each and every point. We are coming from New Jersey, the butth*le of the East, so great expectations are not on my list. We'd like some quiet, affordable living while still being able to have broadband. Travelling a bit for fun is not a concern. I'll stop rambling and hope someone tolerates me enough to respond. Thanks kindly.
"downtime and quiet" for "less than 800" sounds like Pueblo. it is the only
place boasting about its horde of water and its non-growth. the rumor is that you
can still water the lawn there. that may change next year, though.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:16 PM

25 posts, read 157,661 times
How about Sterling CO, anyone know much about that town/city? Just another place I have noticed where I won't need a million plus to get a house and some land. I checked it is @ 1.5 hours from Denver. I'm guessing that when I do finally find a job it will be in the Denver area.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:54 AM

97 posts, read 135,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR516 View Post
How about Sterling CO, anyone know much about that town/city? Just another place I have noticed where I won't need a million plus to get a house and some land. I checked it is @ 1.5 hours from Denver. I'm guessing that when I do finally find a job it will be in the Denver area.
Sterling/Logan County are not MJ friendly and I'd imagine it will take a fair amount of time and/or in$entive for them to change their "minds". You'd be better off in the Ft. Morgan area--the commute to the Front Range is shorter but the MJ attitude is the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado