U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 04:21 PM

5 posts, read 19,806 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any advise on places down south past Co Springs?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 04:36 PM

676 posts, read 2,711,071 times
I would check into manitou springs, canon city or woodland park area both are up in the hills but within commuting distance of the springs. I think these areas are prone to get snow though since colorado springs is right up against the mountains. Any further and you are pretty much up there.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:31 PM

90,351 posts, read 115,763,917 times
Canon City is quite a distance from Colo. Spgs. Canon is closer to Pueblo, but still quite a ways to drive every day to/from work.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:11 PM

226 posts, read 1,330,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspudley View Post
Hi, I grew up in Evergreen and the surrounding areas and moved to Florida to be near family about 8 years ago. We desperately want to move back but I don't want to live that close to my mother! LOL So Im looking either further north or South. We didn't really travel much then I guess. I want to live in a small town in the mountains but don't want all the height mountain snow or city life right in my back yard.
Thanks to all that reply!!!
You may want to look into Perry Park in Larkspur. Pine Trees with a mountain feel, but only 7,000 feet, 10 - 15 minutes to Castle Rock or Monument, about 30 minutes to the DTC or northern Colorado Springs.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:11 PM

648 posts, read 2,842,523 times
I agree w/ the last post. Larkspur, Blackforest, Monument, Tri-lakes, Palmer Lake are great, they are all between C/S and Castle Rock. Then you do have Woodland Park, which is about a 15 minute commute to the Springs, if that. bashep

Old 10-29-2007, 12:53 AM

260 posts, read 1,402,354 times
I think Castle Rock is a great town, which is growing, but still feels like a small town to me. Its not as far as people (in denver) seem to think, but its far enough to feel like a small place away from city and the stars are amazing at night. The Douglas County government is in town, so the city is getting taken care of for sure.

I also like Larkspur, esp. if you don't mind living in the mountains or seeing wildlife from your house.

You should note than in places like Monument, Larkspur, Palmer Lake and Castle Rock -- that the increased elevation and topography makes the winters a little longer and little colder. On the flip side, we almost never hit 100 ever in the summer, so its really almost perfect all summer. Its consistently 5-8 degrees cooler in C.R. than Denver -- and in the summer, thats a really nice difference.

Plus the schools in Douglas County are good -- whereas the mountain schools are mostly awful, but perhaps Evergreen is one the better.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:55 AM

260 posts, read 1,402,354 times
I wouldn't look south of the Co. Springs personally. Its becomes a lot more rural, there are fewer jobs and Pueblo is a lot more industrial and blue collar historically. Its also becoming a mexican territory as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado