Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2013, 02:29 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
There are currently 25000 firearms laws in this country. The law themselves often don't even know the law.

Yet they keep passing more laws and don't even enforce many of the ones they already have.
Roo....You're making too much sense....That confuses to gun grabbers......errr...Keep up the good work..!

Old 03-22-2013, 03:11 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,353,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
The point I am making everyone should understand is I am not here to debate the numbers of people that do this, but that whether people want to be legal or illegal in regards to complying with laws, the technology, parts, barrels, plans and equipment exist to crank out millions of firearms if need be and if people want to work around the law they can. They might open themselves up to committing a felony, but felons already don't care do they?
We have laws against murder and speeding, and while some may ignore them, I prefer to live in a society which has those laws, which are generally obeyed and enforced.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:31 PM

2,394 posts, read 5,000,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
We have laws against murder and speeding, and while some may ignore them, I prefer to live in a society which has those laws, which are generally obeyed and enforced.
Gun laws are generally obeyed and enforced, but in this day of social media and news it only takes 1 nut out of 300,000,000 people to go on a shooting spree and cause widespread panic.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:10 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,376,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I don't have a problem with back ground checks. Will it be 100% no then again nothing is but I do think there are certain people who should not have a gun.
And they already are prohibited under law from owning them, so how is passing more laws going to change anything? By your own admission, you know HB 1229 won't work.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:13 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
And they already are prohibited under law from owning them, so how is passing more laws going to change anything? By your own admission, you know HB 1229 won't work.
It makes the background checks stronger and I don't have a issue with that.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
It makes the background checks stronger and I don't have a issue with that.
NO IT DOESN'T!!! Where the hell are you getting this info? All it DOES is force background checks on face to face transactions, i.e, me selling you a gun.

In no way whatsoever, does it strengthen the scope or rigidity of the background check, in fact, Colorado ALREADY goes way overboard. After the Columbine shooting, the state passed a law mandating that on top of the federal NICS background check (which every state uses), that the CBI must also conduct their own background check at the state level.

It has been law for 13 years, and so has the requirement that even private transactions at a gun show, be forced to go through a FFL for transfer. This law did NOTHING, let me reiterate, NOTHING, to ensure public safety, all it did was create a giant cluster **** of backlogs, and almost every dealer in the state refuses to perform private background checks, because according to the law, the maximum they can charge the customer is $10, which is not worth their time, so tell me, what is the law abiding gun owner supposed to do? That's right, either keep the gun forever, or become a criminal.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:25 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
Quote:
NO IT DOESN'T!!! Where the hell are you getting this info? All it DOES is force background checks on face to face transactions, i.e, me selling you a gun.

In no way whatsoever, does it strengthen the scope or rigidity of the background check, in fact, Colorado ALREADY goes way overboard. After the Columbine shooting, the state passed a law mandating that on top of the federal NICS background check (which every state uses), that the CBI must also conduct their own background check at the state level.

It has been law for 13 years, and so has the requirement that even private transactions at a gun show, be forced to go through a FFL for transfer. This law did NOTHING, let me reiterate, NOTHING, to ensure public safety, all it did was create a giant cluster **** of backlogs, and almost every dealer in the state refuses to perform private background checks, because according to the law, the maximum they can charge the customer is $10, which is not worth their time, so tell me, what is the law abiding gun owner supposed to do? That's right, either keep the gun forever, or become a criminal.
House Bill 1229, would require a background check for any transfer of a firearm except in certain instances such as those involving antique firearms or gifts between immediate family members

The link: Bill requiring background checks for private gun sales clears committee - The Denver Post

I don't have a problem with this.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:30 PM

And that wasn't already law? The government has no business being involved in private commerce.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:34 PM

You don't have a problem with it, because you don't realize it leads to registration.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:42 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
You don't have a problem with it, because you don't realize it leads to registration.
He doesn't have a problem with it because the rights being violated are not rights he exercises so it doesn't matter to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado