Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 10:15 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,474,280 times

Advertisements

This is where I draw the line. Thanks for reminding me I will complain to my public officials, like that will help LOL. That was one of the things I didn't miss about leaving CA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_reino View Post
I also don't mind giving a license to a Mexican in a slow-moving 25 year old GMC pickup truck as long as each license granted takes one away from a speeding soccer mom riding your bumper in her Lexus RX while chatting on her cell phone.
Right because Pedro's ride is well maintained and safe on the road

And yes I drive slower than the socco moms on my block. It's funny seeing the front end of a Honda minivan catch a little air as she guns it over the speed bump. Remember respect the van

Old 06-11-2013, 08:50 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,097,341 times
I drive slower than many mom's also. They go about ruining their vehicles and causing crashes as they distract themselves from their primary job. Hint: Any person operating a 2000+ pound motor vehicle has only one primary job--getting that vehicle from point A to point B without harming anyone.

Some good points being made about this causing an influx of people that may register to vote without eligibility and demand more "public" services.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:54 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,109,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
I drive slower than many mom's also. They go about ruining their vehicles and causing crashes as they distract themselves from their primary job.
In their defense, it is hard to make sandwiches while driving.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:19 PM

1,822 posts, read 2,000,615 times
I've been surprised and disappointed how Colorado seems to be losing it's character and traditional priorities.

For those who have left the state, please list the top five issues that have caused you to leave. I'm interested in hearing more about the trends and changes for the worse. It's not about bellyaching, but more about getting a better understanding (even if just opinion).

Last edited by Sunderpig2; 06-12-2013 at 01:27 PM..

Old 06-12-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Stealthrabbit and I are from the same state and other posters are missing the point. When you do this you make your state even more of a magnet for poor illegals who will then use more of your social services. If you don't want to trust us on this fine, you can find out the hard way.
Agreed that's what happened to Califorunication when I lived there. And once they have licenses they can legally drive into other states lovely.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:29 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,670,235 times
Ridiculous. hickenpooper is a total nutcase.

It's another scam to get foreign citizens on the voting and welfare roles.

To me it is insane to grant drivers licenses to people here ILLEGALLY!

Glad to be out of Colorado.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:42 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,932,822 times
Well, MY insurance hasn't gone up. Mr. Rabbit needs to look into finding a new insurance company that won't rip him off by quadrupling his premiums. That's absurd, and I wouldn't stand for it, myself. I also don't notice any big flood of Hispanics suddenly arriving in town either. We still are our same old population mix of Utes, Navajo's and rednecks. I love Colorado and some stupid law about giving illegals driver's licenses isn't going to scare me off from my home. You guys need to cowboy up and quit with the whining, already. Jeez.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:01 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I don't mind giving illegals drivers licenses just as long as they don't try some underhanded means of restricting who gets them by requiring the applicant to take some kind of test or something.
Yes, that would be clearly discriminatory.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:03 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Ridiculous. hickenpooper is a total nutcase.

It's another scam to get foreign citizens on the voting and welfare roles.

To me it is insane to grant drivers licenses to people here ILLEGALLY!

Glad to be out of Colorado.
It's oddly having the opposite effect on me. I want to move there so I can vote those wackos out of office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: