Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2013, 12:11 PM

6 posts, read 10,088 times

Advertisements

Okay gents, and ladies. I am moving from Utah and my main concern for happiness is that I live somewhere
I can smoke green ( legit medical and recreational patient so I can get a card if I must.)
Second, social atmosphere. I am interested in moving where people are abundant enough that I won't be sitting there wondering why I have so much trouble meeting people other than the elderly. Party cities aren't a requirement but they aren't exactly a downside either,
I'd like to live in an area that isn't too expensive as well. At least compared to Utah without bein a ghetto that I'll get shot up in.
Lastly it would be the job market, I'd like to be able to find work in the area I live if possible. I'm just out of high school so I won't be after major jobs. Probably just your basic college student job at Starbucks or what have you.
(The only places I was even considering to begin with were WA,CA,OR and CO for the legality and quality of green so any input on them as well would be greatly appreciated)

So to summarize what I am after here,

-Somewhere to be able to smoke green

-Social atmosphere

-Job availability

-rentVSneighborhood

Thank you everyone who responds for your time and input. It will be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 04:14 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,700,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmover801 View Post
Okay gents, and ladies. I am moving from Utah and my main concern for happiness is that I live somewhere
I can smoke green ( legit medical and recreational patient so I can get a card if I must.)
Second, social atmosphere. I am interested in moving where people are abundant enough that I won't be sitting there wondering why I have so much trouble meeting people other than the elderly. Party cities aren't a requirement but they aren't exactly a downside either,
I'd like to live in an area that isn't too expensive as well. At least compared to Utah without bein a ghetto that I'll get shot up in.
Lastly it would be the job market, I'd like to be able to find work in the area I live if possible. I'm just out of high school so I won't be after major jobs. Probably just your basic college student job at Starbucks or what have you.
(The only places I was even considering to begin with were WA,CA,OR and CO for the legality and quality of green so any input on them as well would be greatly appreciated)

-Social atmosphere

-Job availability

-rentVSneighborhood

The only place this really points to is Denver. Maybe even check out Boulder.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:49 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,792 times
Quote:
without bein a ghetto that I'll get shot up in.
Would a minimal ammount of stabbing be a deal breaker?

Old 06-27-2013, 05:34 AM

13 posts, read 14,597 times
Quote:

-Social atmosphere

-Job availability

-rentVSneighborhood

Here's an idea, look for a job in the energy industry... solar, wind, hydrogen... and get trained as a service tech. Be a good job in the future too.

You are looking for some of the same things as I. Able to talk politics in a coffee shop and not be harassed, no hate-mongers, a decent job (I'm old and retired though). Good luck

Old 06-27-2013, 05:57 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,812,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
Would a minimal ammount of stabbing be a deal breaker?
"What would Jesus Christ say or will he slash your f....in tires? "Oh those silly 420 loving Colorado cowboys." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRvTHpNBW5E

Last edited by Scott5280; 06-27-2013 at 06:28 PM..

Old 06-27-2013, 07:32 PM

17,709 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Default I had a great response

but
then
wow
Funyuns - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
what was I saying?
oh
https://www.facebook.com/mms
OK
focus
Beef Jerky & Meat Sticks - Center for Spice Loss | Slim Jim
where was I ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado