Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 12:33 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Most Americans support gun control and efforts to curb gun violence. I fully support Morse and especially Giron in this attack against them and I think the majority of my fellow Coloradans support them as well. They haven't committed any crimes.
Well, you'd be wrong.

A true grassroots campaign to recall these tyrants overcame all the outside money from Bloomberg et al.

If people can't see that as significant, they're either ignorant, stupid, or both.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:48 PM

50,818 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
... Hunting, fishing, good ole boy mountain land Colorado....
Funny, I didn't see any laws passed that would restrict hunting or fishing.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:50 PM

50,818 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
How do you explain more people signing the recall petition than those that actually voted for him?
Did you read my post or just react WITHOUT THINKING.

I said I didn't know where public opinion was on the issue. And I posted one poll on the general topic that I found.

So I'm not responsible to explain anything.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:04 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,135,306 times
I'm still trying to get a true answer on one question.

In Az a term limited position allows one to sit out one term and then rerun with his term limitations starting over. They recalled one guy about three months before the end of his term and since he was not an incumbant he was allowed (encouraged) to run again. (actually it was discovered he put a bunch of funds into his recall oponents campaign) he's back! Cost the state a lot of money to put him out of office for a few months.

Is this a similar situation?

Old 07-14-2013, 03:45 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

I said I didn't know where public opinion was on the issue. And I posted one poll on the general topic that I found.

Time for me to step in and shed what light I can.

Here's a CNN article from April that quotes poll numbers on universal background checks.

Excerpt: "...Americans indicated that they support universal background checks by a margin of 91% to 8%. Even in households with guns, the margin was an overwhelming 88% to 11%....."We think it's reasonable to provide mandatory instant criminal background checks for every sale at every gun show. No loopholes anywhere for anyone." Did President Barack Obama say that? No, that's from an advertisement taken out by the NRA in USA Today in 1999."

Seems the "will of the people" is plainly evident.

No amount of name calling, outbursts or tirades can overcome factual data and a reasonable set of safeguards and controls, be it guns, Wall Street bankers, alcohol, speed limits, tobacco, poisonous lawn chemicals, seat belts, etc.

No one is coming to take away our guns - unless, OF COURSE, we commit a felony with them..... all this emotion people allocate to the topic is a waste. I get all the emails too, and I laugh at the preposterous crap that some people think is really going to happen.... FEMA death camps, total collapse, gun confiscations, starvation, apocalypse, end times, etc, all nonsense. All of it. Calm down folks.

The two recalls in Colorado are "spite work" of grown men and thuggish corporations acting like little boys because they can't have their way with every thing every time. The gun lobby has more money available than Bloomberg cares to allocate to the cause. There's no way of predicting the outcome of the recall, but if the 99% and 88% turn out to vote, Giron and Morse should withstand the recall.

So, where do we go from here? IMO we need, more than ever, a national I.D. card to provide background checks, to prevent voter fraud, to prevent underage alcohol purchases, to prevent fraud in welfare, food stamps, medicare, medicaid, prescription drugs, etc, and many more uses. I don't care about the phony issue of "privacy" as half the country already documents everything about their lives on Fakebook, right down to their last BM.

How dare there be a voice of reason in our perpetual silly season. The world laughs at us again. And again. And again.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:03 PM

402 posts, read 686,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

Here's a CNN article from April that quotes poll numbers on universal background checks.

Excerpt: "...Americans indicated that they support universal background checks by a margin of 91% to 8%. Even in households with guns, the margin was an overwhelming 88% to 11%....."We think it's reasonable to provide mandatory instant criminal background checks for every sale at every gun show. No loopholes anywhere for anyone." Did President Barack Obama say that? No, that's from an advertisement taken out by the NRA in USA Today in 1999."

No amount of name calling, outbursts or tirades can overcome factual data and a reasonable set of safeguards and controls, be it guns, Wall Street bankers, alcohol, speed limits, tobacco, poisonous lawn chemicals, seat belts, etc.

No one is coming to take away our guns - unless, OF COURSE, we commit a felony with them..... all this emotion people allocate to the topic is a waste. I get all the emails too, and I laugh at the preposterous crap that some people think is really going to happen.... FEMA death camps, total collapse, gun confiscations, starvation, apocalypse, end times, etc, all nonsense. All of it. Calm down folks.

The two recalls in Colorado are "spite work" of grown men and thuggish corporations acting like little boys because they can't have their way with every thing every time. The gun lobby has more money available than Bloomberg cares to allocate to the cause. There's no way of predicting the outcome of the recall, but if the 99% and 88% turn out to vote, Giron and Morse should withstand the recall.

So, where do we go from here? IMO we need, more than ever, a national I.D. card to provide background checks, to prevent voter fraud, to prevent underage alcohol purchases, to prevent fraud in welfare, food stamps, medicare, medicaid, prescription drugs, etc, and many more uses. I don't care about the phony issue of "privacy" as half the country already documents everything about their lives on Fakebook, right down to their last BM.

How dare there be a voice of reason in our perpetual silly season. The world laughs at us again. And again. And again.
and the world laughs at you!-your cnn "poll" is completely wrong. I believe this whole thing is the split between the urban and rural culture no matter where you live. Colorado has more population on the front slope(urban) and they are dictating to the rest of the state(rural). It's happening all over the country. You keep your id card and your trust in government.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:26 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
I think this started as a protest to the gun laws but now will just be another election. I was undecided at first and did not sign the petition but given her reaction to it will vote against her. So the truth is my vote has very little to do with her support for the gun laws.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:00 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,376,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

I will not have the government in charge of transferring private property. It's bad enough they already do it with real estate and automobiles.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:49 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,753 times
Quote:

Don't get your panties in a bunch.

You quoted the results from a poll. I kindly asked you how you explain the results of the recall petition.

Ease up on the caffeine.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:41 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,376,785 times
Quote:
Funny, I didn't see any laws passed that would restrict hunting or fishing.
Not directly.....yet. Don't worry, the greenies will take care of that soon. Once you give an inch, they'll take a mile. And, these new laws have caused a nationwide boycott of hunting in Colorado. Multiple hunting outfitters are reporting a severe decline in business, and may have to close their doors.

Myself, I have refused to put in for the draw this year. Next to tourism and skiing, hunting is the single largest revenue generator for the state, and when the DOW's coffers run empty, then you know what is really gonna hit the fan, and guess who will have to make up the difference in new taxes and "fees".

Like it or not, it even effects you. I'm willing to forgo hunting and fishing this year, and years in the future, to prove a point. And there's thousands more just like me. Our great state has always been a champion of personal freedoms, we have (had) a live and let live attitude. But now, we've become California 2.0, nanny state, big daddy Denver poking their noses into business where they have no business.

All I can say is, good luck at the polls next year house and senate Dems, you effectively sealed your own fates this past legislative session.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado