Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2013, 11:22 AM

2,140 posts, read 6,441,169 times

Advertisements

The recalls are a waste of money.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:58 AM

1,975 posts, read 2,342,387 times
Hear hear.

Lipsher: Here's hoping Colorado recall elections fail miserably - The Denver Post

Old 08-07-2013, 02:45 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,105,366 times
Meh. I stopped reading after they mentioned the NRA and how 80% support background checks and 60% support mag limits.

The NRA had literally NOTHING to do with this in the grand scheme.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:27 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,923,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
The NRA had literally NOTHING to do with this in the grand scheme.
Isn't the guy who organized the recall of Morse a plumber? A small business owner, something like that.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:15 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,343,685 times
Quote:
You made the claim that it would be easier to ban ammunition.

I'm making the claim that with the 100's of billions of reloading components, and the process being less mechanically involved than machining a lower for an AR15 or making your magazine, barrel, etc, that people would easily subvert any ammunition ban rendering it more worhless than even the most ineffective gun laws on the books, the NICS included.
Not from a physical standpoint, no, but politically, yes, if democrats had any brain cells left, theyd try to out price or license ammunition. Eventually, the supply would dry up, prices would skyrocket, and only people like us would be left with any materials to make ammo. Even I would be screwed eventually. I can make lead bullets and gunpowder, and brass is reusable, but I have no way to make primers.

I was just making the point that they're incredibly stupid. Going after guns is a waste of time. If I wanted to outlaw cars, but knew I could never gain the political support for it, I'd outlaw, idk, batteries, or spark plugs. You get rid of the things they need to run, and the car goes away, by proxy.

Reloading is not a foolproof way to get around a ban on it, if that were to happen. The vast majority of gun owners do not reload, for one. The only upside to that is I would probably be very wealthy instantly, as I could sell ammunition or reload it for people for a hefty price.

You need to start thinking like your enemy bro, that way you can make preemptive moves before they do. I KNOW what the gun banners are thinking, that's why I've been one step ahead of them for decades. I have giant Rubbermaid containers of AR 15 lowers and 30 round GI mags. Everyone called me crazy, well, with the new mag ban, who's crazy now?

Old 08-09-2013, 11:28 AM

50,143 posts, read 23,799,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Not from a physical standpoint, no, but politically, yes, if democrats had any brain cells left, theyd try to out price or license ammunition. Eventually, the supply would dry up, prices would skyrocket, and only people like us would be left with any materials to make ammo. Even I would be screwed eventually. I can make lead bullets and gunpowder, and brass is reusable, but I have no way to make primers.

I was just making the point that they're incredibly stupid. Going after guns is a waste of time. If I wanted to outlaw cars, but knew I could never gain the political support for it, I'd outlaw, idk, batteries, or spark plugs. You get rid of the things they need to run, and the car goes away, by proxy.

Reloading is not a foolproof way to get around a ban on it, if that were to happen. The vast majority of gun owners do not reload, for one. The only upside to that is I would probably be very wealthy instantly, as I could sell ammunition or reload it for people for a hefty price.

You need to start thinking like your enemy bro, that way you can make preemptive moves before they do. I KNOW what the gun banners are thinking, that's why I've been one step ahead of them for decades. I have giant Rubbermaid containers of AR 15 lowers and 30 round GI mags. Everyone called me crazy, well, with the new mag ban, who's crazy now?
In one post -- antagonist, "if democrats had any brain cells left", "they're incredibly stupid", "start thinking like your enemy", "Everyone called me crazy".

This is why many of us don't want to be in the world of "ryanek9freak". People who think differently than you have no brain cells and are incredibly stupid. People who don't think like you are your enemies.

Geez, can't different people in this country have a different opinion...a different vision about America? Why is everyone an "enemy"?

Old 08-09-2013, 11:07 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,343,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
In one post -- antagonist, "if democrats had any brain cells left", "they're incredibly stupid", "start thinking like your enemy", "Everyone called me crazy".

This is why many of us don't want to be in the world of "ryanek9freak". People who think differently than you have no brain cells and are incredibly stupid. People who don't think like you are your enemies.

Geez, can't different people in this country have a different opinion...a different vision about America? Why is everyone an "enemy"?
Enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Old 08-10-2013, 02:19 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,087,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Until it bites you in the butt.

The enemy of the Soviets in the Afghan civil war was the Mujahideen.

The US trained and armed the Mujahideen, including one Osama bin Laden.

These men turned around and committed the biggest terrorist attack on the US in 2001.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:37 AM

17,875 posts, read 27,269,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalahartma View Post
The recalls are a waste of money.
No, politicians not standing by the people they represent is a waste of OUR money.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:09 AM

665 posts, read 1,287,280 times
Quote:

I'm amazed at how ignorant some people think that they'll never be a victim of crime, or that the heinous crimes we see happen on tv only happen to others.
I'm amazed at how ignorant your arguement is. It's derived from paranoia over "what ifs". I'm surprised you can leave the house without your wittle gun holding your hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado