Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 06:36 PM

148 posts, read 224,124 times

Advertisements

Right wing, left wing, chicken wing. Whatever. Nobody likes outsiders coming into their neighborhoods and telling folks how to live their lives. The issue could have been a law banning cat torture for all that it matters. If outsiders like Bloomberg, et.al., had come into Colorado supporting the law, people would be supporting the repeal (cats are evil anyway). I'll bet many people who voted for the recall are centrists on the issue, but just do not like outsiders insinuating they are anti-children, or some other nonsense, if they support repeal. Emotionally driven legislation that restricts any liberty tends to cause people to get defensive. Especially when even supporters of the legislation admit it will never do what it is intended to do, in this case, prevent killing. Are there any grownups in charge of anything anymore?

Old 09-11-2013, 06:59 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freewest View Post
.... Are there any grownups in charge of anything anymore?
Yes! I'm the adult in charge of the DELETE feature contained in my Moderator's Magic Light Saber.

So, having deleted some unproductive postings, let's all get back to facts and figures because I'm gonna close this one in a few days.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:11 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freewest View Post
I'll bet many people who voted for the recall are centrists on the issue, but just do not like outsiders insinuating they are anti-children, or some other nonsense, if they support repeal.
Some of us in Pueblo West AND out on the Mesa just wanted to see Angela Giron get fired. She threw Pueblo West under the bus and she paid for it. We in Pueblo West are very happy.

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-11-2013 at 07:59 PM..

Old 09-11-2013, 07:23 PM

50,823 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Congratulations.

Now, please Republicans and conservatives...do what you always do...over reach, over reach, over reach.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:37 PM

30 posts, read 44,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Congratulations.
...over reach, over reach, over reach.
actually that's precisely what got morse and giron FIRED yesterday

Old 09-11-2013, 07:40 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post

'Several political analysts said despite the vote’s symbolism, its immediate impact on state policies would be limited. “The sound and the fury, the noise and the money are far larger than the consequences,” said John Straayer, a professor of political science at Colorado State University.'
These recalls were not about an immediate impact. The motive behind these recalls were much deeper than immediate impact. The immediate impact desired has already been met: wayward lawmakers have been held accountable to their constituents. The bigger impact has yet to be seen. Will elected officials think twice before imposing tyranny on the people? They should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Congratulations.

Now, please Republicans and conservatives...do what you always do...over reach, over reach, over reach.
I hope you can see the irony of this statement. Over reach is what led to the recalls to begin with.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:31 PM

50,823 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMoose View Post
actually that's precisely what got morse and giron FIRED yesterday
Very true.

Old 09-12-2013, 05:39 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,385,138 times
I grew up in northeastern Colorado in Sterling from age 12 and lived for approx 22 years in the Denver metro area until moving back east in 2009.
What I've seen time and time again is the underestimation of political clout, monetary wealth and sheer determination that the people in the rural areas of the state possess.

It's this very population that gun control groups failed to understand because they failed to even acknowledge their existence in the first place.

I hold some very progressive views on universal healthcare, same sex marriage, legalization of recreational pot use along with transgender and gay rights, however just because I support said causes does not mean I cannot be an NRA life member and an avid gun collector which I am both.

My warning to the far left; Just stick to your efforts in giving all people rights that they deserve instead of attempting to regulate and remove someone's rights such as the 2nd amendment.

You have found out what happens when you become arrogant and disregard others that you didn't even think statistically mattered.

Now get back to work assisting people with their civil rights and stop the nonsense of attempting to take them away.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:40 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,353,562 times
Giron and Morse had the guts to stand up and fight for what's right and are deservedly admired for doing so. They are GREAT AMERICANS and I'll campaign for them anytime. SO GREAT to see Dems stand up to the forces of evil.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:23 AM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
We (us evil people) had to have received help from the left in this.

Good to see we're not so polarized in this.

Victor Head is a hero. I love that new mantra... it took two plumbers to clean up Pueblo.

Way to go Pueblo! Didn't know you had it in ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado