Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 11:28 AM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I hope it's as thick as a landslide.

I don't subscribe to the lefts notion of politicians being these entitled, enlightened individuals above the poor, ignorant masses.

I have yet to find one classy statement post mortum from her removal. Any true public servant would step aside graciously and thank the people for the opportunity to serve and say nothing more. Instead she goes on shows acting like some pouty, indignant teenager Valley Girl smacking her lips and giving us the scrunched up, disbelieved look as we though we are all so retarded and stupid and instead should be kissing her manky feet and worshiping her as our Lord and Queen.
Where do you get this crap. I'm part of "the left" (I guess, though a pretty moderate one). I don't think, for example, that any member of the Senate or House at the federal level (for example) should get health coverage that is any better than the average American has. They shouldn't get a federal pension that is any better than the average American's pension. Get rid of most all of the perks, other than those things that are legit expenses of being in office. Same at the state level.

As I said, I didn't find her very impressive before the election...and I still don't.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Like the Putin/Medvedev past the football around type of term limits?

We have a sickness in this country and it's professional politicians who are like a fungus that cannot be eradicated. They build up little fiefdoms and horse trade in Congress or state legislatures deals back and forth. The right people get paid in one form or another and work to rig and snuff out any challengers for them in primaries.

The president has the chance at 2 terms and he is still a very powerful man. Hasn't hurt the office of the presidency and keeps personality cults at bay. FDR was a disastrous president who built up a personality cult and made sure his voters got handed out goodies and those big bad productive people got taxed to the death and everyone suffered with the destruction of the US economy and a prolonged depression.

It's time to break up the mafia of these professional hucksters in power for decades at the local to federal level. We have millions of very bright, qualified people in this country who deserve a shot at serving the public.
I understand your viewpoint (except for your total misinterpretation of the history of the Great Depression). It's a valid viewpoint. But so is the viewpoint that people should be able to choose who represents them. Of course, as a Republican you have to have it all your own way or you lay down and kick your feet, flail your arms, and scream.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
This should serve as a great learning experience for both Democrats and Republicans. You follow the wishes of your constituents, not your party.
I very much agree with that (although it gets a little tough on so many American issues where the electorate is fairly evenly split). The party line concept ought to be dead in the water on many issues.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:01 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Angela who?

Old 09-18-2013, 07:36 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
This was a nasty fight that won't soon be forgotten.

Angela Giron Protesters Paid Secretly In Cash To Harass Recall Organizers - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado