Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 10:18 AM

20 posts, read 117,963 times

Advertisements

I was thinking about re-locating to CO from TX but with pot being legal I envisioned pot heads roaming the streets-and driving! SO....We visited a week ago: CO Springs, Denver, Ft. Collins, Boulder, Pueblo and I must say that the people were all extremely NICE, helpful, Friendly, and I only smelled pot once. We did see a 5 car fender bender where a large truck hit a line of cars from behind causing each one in turn to rear-end the car in front of it. Don't know if that was pot or cell phone related though! We are not pot smokers and are pretty conservative. SO...Which towns would be least likely to have a lot of pot smokers? This was not our first time to visit CO. I am beginning to think the whole pot scenario has been overblown. I don't want to rule out CO just because of the pot. We are both Human Resources professionals with kids in High School.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:38 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,166,868 times
Recreational marijuana shops have recently been banned in Colorado Springs, though medical marijuana shops are still ok. I think the whole legalization thing has been way overblown and causes Colorado to be perceived by some from outside states as a whole state full of pot smokers which just isn't true. I even saw someone post a photo with smoke over a city from the fires, implying (jokingly) that it was from pot. I really don't think you will have much of an issue here with it, except in maybe a few areas like Manitou Springs or maybe Boulder.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3642151.html

Last edited by beezle1; 08-04-2013 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: add link to related article

Old 08-04-2013, 11:19 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
I would say live in what city you can find a job and like. You won't notice any pot smokers.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:01 PM

3,127 posts, read 5,052,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I would say live in what city you can find a job and like. You won't notice any pot smokers.
True. And your kids will probably encounter it at school and it will be all up to how they were raised, what they believe in, who their friends are and how susceptible to peer pressure they are, just like any other place.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:08 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitabreak View Post
I was thinking about re-locating to CO from TX but with pot being legal I envisioned pot heads roaming the streets-and driving! SO....We visited a week ago: CO Springs, Denver, Ft. Collins, Boulder, Pueblo and I must say that the people were all extremely NICE, helpful, Friendly, and I only smelled pot once. We did see a 5 car fender bender where a large truck hit a line of cars from behind causing each one in turn to rear-end the car in front of it. Don't know if that was pot or cell phone related though! We are not pot smokers and are pretty conservative. SO...Which towns would be least likely to have a lot of pot smokers? This was not our first time to visit CO. I am beginning to think the whole pot scenario has been overblown. I don't want to rule out CO just because of the pot. We are both Human Resources professionals with kids in High School.
Most people who smoke pot have done so for years and don't really care if it is legal or not. Legalizing pot is not going to make people start smoking it.

Potheads have learned to compensate for their dulled reflexes. The ones I have come into contact with in my life have their pizza delivered instead of going after it. As long as they have their stash and their munchies they are mostly content to sit on the couch and giggle rather than have any desire to get into an automobile and go somewhere.

To each his own. I am glad I don't ever have to set foot in that state again.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-04-2013, 12:23 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
I would say the Springs would be your best bet. The more conservative the better for you. South Douglas County, where I live, I never smell it only as I get closer to downtown.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:30 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,997,570 times
nitabreak wrote: I am beginning to think the whole pot scenario has been overblown.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overblown! Those who want to use it will do so regardless of it's legal status. Those who wish not to use it will do the same. That's the way it is in all 50 states.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:27 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,946,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Potheads have learned to compensate for their dulled reflexes. The ones I have come into contact with in my life have their pizza delivered instead of going after it. As long as they have their stash and their munchies they are mostly content to sit on the couch and giggle rather than have any desire to get into an automobile and go somewhere.
Regurgitation of a stereotype. This is a generalization and does not apply to everyone who partakes.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:31 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
I live in Denver proper and rarely smell weed during the day. Now at night is an entirely different story.

I agree it's way overblown and should have never been illegal in the first place *IMO.

You have nothing to worry about.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:53 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,753 times
Who ever was smoking pot before, is still smoking pot.

I don't thank that the new laws have caused people to rush out and start smoking pot, although it seems to be attracting people to the state that do smoke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado