Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 09:56 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,553,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Your average water bill was $140/mo? The only time out water bill (for a family of 5) ever comes close to that is May-September when the sprinklers are on. The rest of the year it's around $70/mo for water and sewer.

FWIW, there's no amount of cost savings in the world that would ever convince me to live in a flat, humid s**thole like Florida.
The actual water used wasn't that much, but all the fees added up to avg $140/mo. A few times over the years I looked into it and was told yes, this is very low bill for the area. Ridiculous what water cost us over 12 years, but it makes sense since it's such a dry climate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2018, 10:29 AM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
I compared Jacksonville, FL and Castle Rock, CO for monthly water bills for 6000 gal/mo consumption.
They were the same at $65 until I saw this: "Monthly Wastewater Service Charge for New Customers $36" for Castle Rock.
Denver would be $48.
Arvada would be $30.
Aurora would be $60.

When you irrigate your lawn, the cost in Colorado (except for Arvada) escalates rapidly.

P.S. It appears that Atlanta charges $150/mo for 6000 gallons.

Old 06-01-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I compared Jacksonville, FL and Castle Rock, CO for monthly water bills for 6000 gal/mo consumption.
They were the same at $65 until I saw this: "Monthly Wastewater Service Charge for New Customers $36" for Castle Rock.
Denver would be $48.
Arvada would be $30.
Aurora would be $60.

When you irrigate your lawn, the cost in Colorado (except for Arvada) escalates rapidly.

P.S. It appears that Atlanta charges $150/mo for 6000 gallons.
There are a myriad of fees that add up to a huge bill. Water usage and water usage rates don't tell the story.

Old 06-01-2018, 10:51 AM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Cost of Living (COL) between FL and other states needs to consider the cost of homeowners insurance between states. In FL, with hurricane insurance issues depending on the age of the home and building codes, a policy could be $6,000.00/year vs $500.00/year here in AZ. That's a whopper of a difference. Property taxes and income taxes and sales taxes need to be cranked into COL calculations. I've seen charts that show all forms of taxes cranked into a ranking and FL actually comes out cheaper than CO and FL is cheaper than 40 other states and just slightly cheaper than CO and AZ. It all boils down to what one likes about a given region, and other factors like jobs, school quality, medical care, recreation, etc.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-01-2018, 10:56 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,877,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
There are a myriad of fees that add up to a huge bill. Water usage and water usage rates don't tell the story.
I just checked my bill pay records. The last 12 months our average water bill (in Aurora) was $84.32.

Old 06-01-2018, 11:09 AM

8,937 posts, read 20,360,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I just checked my bill pay records. The last 12 months our average water bill (in Aurora) was $84.32.
That’s less than is paid during the hot and humid summer months here in Jax. Got to have the A/C on here much of the day, for those Seniors who are retired and want to feel comfortable inside. Shut off the A/C, open the window and sweat to death here with 95 degrees and 98% humidity.

Old 06-01-2018, 11:12 AM

6,814 posts, read 10,510,104 times
My water bill in Security Colorado has never been over $40/month.

Old 06-01-2018, 11:15 AM

8,937 posts, read 20,360,557 times
Quote:
$1300 won't get you anything on the front range, that is dirt cheap for a 2 br compared to CO. As far as water goes, leave your boat there is nowhere near the front range that its worth bringing a boat to.
There are some nice lakes there, including Horsetooth, Boyd and Carter. Had May weekend of fun on Chatfield Reservoir rainbow trout fishing and beaching our Bowrider and relaxing on the beach with snacks and cold Bud Light. Went on Cherry Creek Reservoir a number of times as well.

Heck, we’d launch early (8:30 AM), when hardly anyone was there. Most people would show up when we were leaving at noon.

Old 06-01-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
There are some nice lakes there, including Horsetooth, Boyd and Carter. Had May weekend of fun on Chatfield Reservoir rainbow trout fishing and beaching our Bowrider and relaxing on the beach with snacks and cold Bud Light. Went on Cherry Creek Reservoir a number of times as well.

Heck, we’d launch early (8:30 AM), when hardly anyone was there. Most people would show up when we were leaving at noon.
Those aren't lakes, they are small reservoirs. Coming from FL will be a total joke for them. I originally came from MN and they were a joke to me, I would never consider wasting money on a boat in this area except for maybe a small sailboat.

Old 06-01-2018, 12:04 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times
Quote:
Those aren't lakes, they are small reservoirs. Coming from FL will be a total joke for them. I originally came from MN and they were a joke to me, I would never consider wasting money on a boat in this area except for maybe a small sailboat.
Loveboating lives in a Florida, has lived here, and wants to come back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado