Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 04:40 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times

Advertisements

Dr. Bob Carter is the hoax in all this. He takes money from climate deniers to further their aims.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:50 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post
Okay, so you lost me after the first sentence. I get that you don't like Obama, but come on. The entire scientific community is in agreement about climate change. This isn't just a democratic party agenda!

Are you kidding about the bicycle rider?!?! I mean seriously, you have to be joking!
The whole entire scientific community is in agreement? On that you are wrong. There is plenty of dissension especially outside of those not being paid off to be global warming/cooling/climate change flunkies.

No I'm not kidding about the bike rider. They ride along huffing and puffing and blowing out huge quantities of CO2 which is the evil gas so the global warming crowd tells us.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:54 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
DEATH to the bike riders, the hikers, the joggers, and those who would stroll any mountain trail. Only the automobile with its ability to prurify the air should be allowed!

Whatever you're smoking, I'd like a few hits!
Some of the PZEV vehicles are putting out air 3 times cleaner than laboratory air. Cars are the last thing to worry about.

Let's keep in mind if CO2 is an evil greenhouse gas that must be stopped at all cost, just who is a big source of it? Eco trendy hikers, bikers and other sporty exhaling wind bags. Sucking oxygen out of the air and expelling huge quantities of CO2. Those people are going to kill us all!

Old 08-28-2013, 05:07 PM

Have you seen the pix of the air in China, thick as fog with power plant emissions? China has little or no pollution controls and are adding a new coal fired plant almost every week. With 1.4B people, they are among the worst polluters on the planet. Most of the world's cars do not use catalytic converters either.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:39 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,991,883 times
mfbe wrote: Most of the world's cars do not use catalytic converters either.

That's irrelevant Mike. Waneroo knows best ......It's the bikers, hikers, runners, and other fitness nuts who are the culprits. They are spewers of that filthy CO2 gas. Cars are clean machines.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:52 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,644,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Dr. Bob Carter is the hoax in all this. He takes money from climate deniers to further their aims.
Those look like unproven allegations, but there are always ways to accuse a guy of being a "shill" for big oil. Afterall, many of them such as Dr. Bob Carter are geologists. It's kinda hard to work in your field of study without being associated with mining or oil if you are a geologist. That's how he makes his living. He's not funded by Penn State or some giant fund-raising organization like "Friends of the Earth", whose donations are dependent on perpetuating the AGW myth. Just because he draws his bread and butter from his training does not automatically make him a "shill" for those companies.

I am so tired of this tactic being used by alarmists as subterfuge. Anyone who disagrees with the apocalyptic vision is immediately "black-balled", and/or quickly shown to be a "shill" of big oil or mining interests, if only because a third cousin of theirs once worked at a filling station in 1964. It's just so silly and wrong to dismiss what someone is adding to the debate on this issue, just because they disagree with the current fraudulent and manufactured "consensus". It's wrong, and it's anti-science.

Al Gore and David Suzuki make millions off of touting the AGW fraud. How are they not biased? Michael Mann has become a rock star in the climate world, thanks to his flawed "hockey stick" nonsense. Do you think he is incentivized in any way to ever listen to anyone who might have different theories that contradict his apocalyptic visions of the future? Of course not. The whole game is rigged. Scientists are given grants with the promise of more grants if they keep toeing the line on the AGW fraud.

Doesn't matter though because the World Federation of Scientists have been advised by its own climate monitoring panel that global warming is no longer a planetary emergency.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:14 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,685,665 times
Pretty compelling evidence right here. If you haven't watched this documentary, it's a must see.

Chasing Ice

Old 08-28-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
mfbe wrote: Most of the world's cars do not use catalytic converters either.

That's irrelevant Mike. Waneroo knows best ......It's the bikers, hikers, runners, and other fitness nuts who are the culprits. They are spewers of that filthy CO2 gas. Cars are clean machines.
My butt spews tons of noxious gases; I'm getting fitted for my own catalytic converter so I can spew harmless H2O.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:22 PM

148 posts, read 224,001 times
So when scientists get funding from anti-warming groups, they are unintelligent buffoons. When they get funding from pro-warming groups, they are sophisticated and intellectual. LOL. Very objective.

The von Daniken syndrome is alive and well. Take some data, spin it to support some unbelievable theory. Next we'll be reading about Chariots of the Glaciers.

As far as who "the guy" was that published the sun spot data, I simply do not remember. There are plenty of well educated scientists who dissent from the artificial global warming theory. Look them up. This is the internet.

Last edited by freewest; 08-28-2013 at 06:33 PM..

Old 08-28-2013, 06:59 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,991,883 times
Scientists employed by both sides of the great debate, are usually the last to know, often making a breakthrough discovery of something that the man on the street intuitively knew and accepted 30 years prior to the great scientific discovery. My man on the street gut says that climate change is very real, at least for the time being. Consuming fossil fuels that were millions of years in the making in a matter of 150 years is bound to have some unwanted consequences. I think we are currently experiencing some of those unwanted consequences. I think this is likely to continue for the next hundred years or more. BUT as always....time will tell, and what will be will be, whatever it will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado