Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2013, 01:54 PM

3 posts, read 3,787 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move to Castle Rock next year and attend Arapahoe Community College. I live in a small town north of Austin TX and currently attend Austin Community College. I am very unhappy with Texas, even though I have lived here all my life. Yes, the people are friendly, but I can't take the heat. I love snow, cold weather, etc. How friendly is Castle Rock? I am Hispanic (though I live in an affluent "white community", so I don't act in the way most people believe Hispanics act), and I have a large Labrador Retriever. I have lived in a town that was absolutely against large dogs, so is Castle Rock accepting of large dog breeds? If you have attended Arapahoe how did you like it? Pros and Cons of living in Castle Rock? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 08:34 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
ACC's main campus is in Littleton, more north and west of Castle Rock.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:59 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,660,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
ACC's main campus is in Littleton, more north and west of Castle Rock.
ACC opened a campus in Castle Rock two years ago. The OP probably knows that.

OP. just wondering why you are thinking of going to school in Castle Rock versus Littleton. I would think that a young college student would want to be closer to the action in Denver. I don't live in CR, but it seems to be just a very large residential area.

Old 09-23-2013, 11:52 PM

346 posts, read 549,096 times
Castle Rock is definitely a bedroom community and really family friendly - and totally family oriented. It has a cute little downtown area and the outlet malls but not much in terms of culture, night life, etc. For that you would have to go north to Denver. I can't see Castle Rock appealing much to a young single person who didn't have family there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado