Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 08:31 PM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
He, like Ritter, IMHO, have been abysmal failures.

Under the watch of them, residents of Colorado have seen thier relative overall freedom fall from #4 in the USA to 19th.

Freedom in the 50 States 2013 | Colorado Overall Freedom | Mercatus Center

What a disgrace.
Another right-wing group funded, in large part, by the Koch brothers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 09:08 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,462,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't think any sane person thinks the kids are all stupid and the teachers aren't doing their job. How many kids do you have in the CO K-12 system?
So if the students and teachers are more than adequate by your standards, why then raise $1billion? What would that money buy?

Old 11-11-2013, 09:30 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I have never understood this whole attack from people on the left, if you do not like what someone or something says, just attack the mysterious Koch Brothers and ignore the argument/point?

Old 11-12-2013, 03:10 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,351,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
They sure spend a lot of time and money trying to make the working poor more miserable.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:13 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,351,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, and it's nowhere near enough to cover unmet needs. It is estimated that charitable contributions would have to increase 10 fold to cover all social programs.
Welfare can be replaced by charity
Starving the schools, shameful. Hope there is a work-around.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
They sure spend a lot of time and money trying to make the working poor more miserable.
Right, so lets just keep raising taxes on them.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:03 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
So if the students and teachers are more than adequate by your standards, why then raise $1billion? What would that money buy?
You are twisting what I said.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:10 AM

599 posts, read 953,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
The results from the Colorado public education system, from K-12 through University, are *not* adequate. Given the education levels and income levels of the population, Colorado is a MAJOR underachiever in academic results overall. A big reason is that in K-12, there is a revolving door of teachers, because the pay is so low. Some people point to the fact that there is never a teaching position unfilled as an example of "market forces" making everything OK. To that I reply: there is never a shortage of people taking Wal Mart greeter jobs, either.

Colorado pays in the bottom 10 for salaries and the bottom five for benefits in the USA. To try to bring that down to YOUR level, how good would the Broncos be if they paid in the bottom five for salaries in the NFL? Does that make it easier for you?

Old 11-12-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoalimony View Post
The results from the Colorado public education system, from K-12 through University, are *not* adequate. Given the education levels and income levels of the population, Colorado is a MAJOR underachiever in academic results overall. A big reason is that in K-12, there is a revolving door of teachers, because the pay is so low. Some people point to the fact that there is never a teaching position unfilled as an example of "market forces" making everything OK. To that I reply: there is never a shortage of people taking Wal Mart greeter jobs, either.

Colorado pays in the bottom 10 for salaries and the bottom five for benefits in the USA. To try to bring that down to YOUR level, how good would the Broncos be if they paid in the bottom five for salaries in the NFL? Does that make it easier for you?
WOW my feelings are hurt so bad, you made me feel so stupid, I'll just go away now. I am now enlightened by your creative thinking now that you brought the Broncos in to the picture. I now understand. But if you want to use sports as an analogy, how about the Pittsburgh Pirates? The Yankees have one of the top 5 pay rolls in baseball every yr, yet they failed to make the playoffs. Pirates made it to the 2nd round. Ever read "Money Ball" about the Oakland A's? Another small market team that is a contender. Or how about the USMC. They have the smallest budget of the DOD, yet they are arguably the most effective branch of the military. So again, tell me exactly how throwing more money at the problem will fix it? All you spit out is bottom of this poll, teachers are the lowest paid, bla bla bla. But somehow money will magically fix this issue. Since I am so stupid can you please explain how money will fix the problem? I guess what you're saying is that because teachers have it so bad, they are slacking off but if you pay them more they will be motivated to teach better and have better results? New paint on the schools will make them look nicer and the students be happier when they go inside. Gym class will come back, they can have a special teacher for modern art classes, wow this sounds great!

Old 11-12-2013, 08:38 AM

On top of that, almost 70% of the state agrees with me, and that % didn't need millions of dollars from Gates or Bloomberg to be convinced other wise. There was 0 opposition to 66 in the media, yet the bill still failed miserably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado