Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 04:54 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,356,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
You're debating with someone who thinks union jobs, and increasing social welfare has a direct effect on gun violence.
Social stability. Good wages vs. drug dealing. Think more Denmark and less Mexico.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:27 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,759,249 times
Hopefully this is a sign of things to come in next years election cycle.

Hudak will resign seat to end recall threat, hold Democrats’ Senate majority | KDVR.com

Old 11-27-2013, 11:43 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,107,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I get those emails too and they're all junk; no one is coming to take our guns. No one. It's just scare tactics to keep people afraid and angry, and if they can put us in that mood then we are ripe for the plucking, which usually is along the lines of "send money, with your support we can fight the good fight for all that good, holy and American."
The told us that here in Canada as well, until the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH) obtained documents that reported that our useless long gun registry was the first step the Liberal government of the time took toward the confiscation of all firearms in Canada. This is why I will no longer support any further gun control laws up here, no matter how much "sense" they may seem to make. If you give an anti an inch, they'll take a mile (or in this case, your rights to hunt and own firearms).

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Social stability. Good wages vs. drug dealing. Think more Denmark and less Mexico.
Out of curiosity, what does Denmark's racial demographic look like?

Old 11-27-2013, 12:09 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,466,151 times
Quote:
Right cuz Denmark has no problems, 0 violence. Other than getting murdered if you draw a photo of Muhammad. I have deployed to Europe and traveled all over it. I know a lot of Dems think that the social democracy model is a shinning star, but they have their own set of problems. The unions you adore so much are on strike weekly. Their social welfare benefits are constantly at risk due to the lack of young workers. Their extremely low birthrate (due to a stupid cost of living) cant sustain itself. They have built a pyramid scheme. They have virtually no military to protect foreign interests other than NATO (basically the US). Any drop in the economic sector results in catastrophic consequences. Sooner or later Germany will tire of supporting the rest of the continent. Spain, Italy, Greece are in disaster. But they have free health care!

Europe is great to visit. But once you get past the nice shops, museums, monuments, street bistros. It's just as big of a dump as the US if not more.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Hopefully this is a sign of things to come in next years election cycle.

Hudak will resign seat to end recall threat, hold Democrats’ Senate majority | KDVR.com
Ah-I love it when the Dems give the finger to the lunatic fringe.

You better check with the state to see if you can get your confiscated weapons back.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:41 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,466,151 times
Quote:
Ah-I love it when the Dems give the finger to the lunatic fringe.

You better check with the state to see if you can get your confiscated weapons back.
Like when Hudak gave the finger to the rape victim. That was great right?

Old 11-28-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post

Out of curiosity, what does Denmark's racial demographic look like?
I am not involved in tracking the ethnic composition of European nations. You?

Old 11-29-2013, 02:34 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,025,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Like when Hudak gave the finger to the rape victim. That was great right?
I'm sure Artisan didn't mind because that rape victim's views were not aligned to his own. I've noticed more and more leftists such as Artisan only believe in representative government when the viewpoints represented are that of his own.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:09 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,500,099 times
I'm the kind of gun owner that gun control advocates love to hate. I no longer hunt. But, I own several firearms, and I own them for one reason only: as personal defense against another human being determined harm me or my loved ones--in other words, personal defense. Most all of the new gun law's effect will only be to take weapons away from people like me who would only use them for defensive purposes, while doing nothing to stop criminals from obtaining weapons to use for offensive purposes against other human beings. In a state like Colorado, where--especially in the rural areas--law enforcement personnel are spread thinly over hundreds, often thousands of square miles, it should be no surprise that an overwhelmingly majority of county sheriffs opposed Colorado's latest gun control legislation for the very reason that they recognize that those laws will do exactly what I stated above. Those sheriffs are fully aware of the reality that, when a criminal is seconds away from breaking into your home, law enforcement is minutes (maybe many minutes) away. All another of many reasons that I have moved out of Colorado--to escape another example of Californicated nanny-state stupidity.

Old 11-30-2013, 07:05 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,025,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
I'm the kind of gun owner that gun control advocates love to hate. I no longer hunt. But, I own several firearms, and I own them for one reason only: as personal defense against another human being determined harm me or my loved ones--in other words, personal defense. Most all of the new gun law's effect will only be to take weapons away from people like me who would only use them for defensive purposes, while doing nothing to stop criminals from obtaining weapons to use for offensive purposes against other human beings. In a state like Colorado, where--especially in the rural areas--law enforcement personnel are spread thinly over hundreds, often thousands of square miles, it should be no surprise that an overwhelmingly majority of county sheriffs opposed Colorado's latest gun control legislation for the very reason that they recognize that those laws will do exactly what I stated above. Those sheriffs are fully aware of the reality that, when a criminal is seconds away from breaking into your home, law enforcement is minutes (maybe many minutes) away. All another of many reasons that I have moved out of Colorado--to escape another example of Californicated nanny-state stupidity.
Jazz, what blows my mind is the Governor admitted these laws would not have prevented the Aurora shooting or the Tom Clements assassination, or a shooting like Sandy Hook. So if these laws won't do what they are intended to do, what is the point? The only effect is an infringement of rights of people who are not breaking the law to begin with.

As for the boycott on Colorado not working, boycotts rarely do. No surprise there. Colorado is a big enough hunting destination that anyone who was going to hunt there and decided not to over gun laws just made it a little easier for someone else to get a tag. I'm glad the "boycott" isn't really having much effect on the state. I hate to think of good people, small business owners suffering due to the idiocy of state level politicians. Well, I mean suffering even more so than they already do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado