U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2013, 11:24 AM

5 posts, read 8,011 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I'm a small town (like 6,000 people) girl looking to attend a nutrition school in Boulder, or possibly Denver, I have yet to make a choice. I really just sick of living in the same place and realized that I have the opportunity to go somewhere to learn about what most interests me, as well as go on an adventure.
The school I'm attending is more of a technical school, not like a large university so I'm not sure how many people I will be integrated with and nor do I know anyone out in Colorado, although I do plan on finding ways to have a social life out there.

If I were to live in Boulder I would be in the same town as school and if Denver the commute would only be once a week.

As a person I'm really into everything. I love finding peace with myself and am an advocate of holistic healing. I'm into fitness as well, weight training, yoga, aerobics, etc. Things like these make me think Boulder would be a good fit, but I also hear Boulder is not very diverse and there is not a lot to do.

Denver appeals to me because it's a city. I live near Erie, PA and spend a lot of time there (about 100,000 people) so I am not completely oblivious to being in a city, although Denver is about 6x larger. I also hear Denver is more diverse and more cultural and has much more to do. I'm curious how people in Denver are politically, I'm not very 'political' but I am very open minded and am progressive and would like to be around people like that generally speaking

I'm really between the two cities. I want to feel like I'm somewhere I will not be entirely lost and will generally feel safe. Also, I'm a 19 year old girl, planning to move anytime before March of 2015.

I'm not planning for a life-long stay, only about a year or two. I'd really like opinions on this because I feel like Denver would be like an adventure, I'm just not sure how well I would be able to integrate myself and Boulder feels like somewhere I would know I already have lots in common with people and would be able to spiritually grow. So what I'm looking for is an adventure, a place to discover and grow and meet great people.

All advice is appreciated!! Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 11:29 AM

12,240 posts, read 22,598,507 times
If you are going to school in Boulder I would suggest living in Boulder.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:38 AM

599 posts, read 895,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymarie4201 View Post
All advice is appreciated!! Thanks
Bring a ton of money with you to get started, you will need it.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:58 AM

23,570 posts, read 43,461,163 times
Padmapper.com for rentals. Read/heed the warnings on craigslist about the scammers.

Boulder is pricey. Just about everywhere else is more affordable.

EXCELLENT mass transit in the Rte 36 corridor btw Boulder and Denver.

Boulder sounds like your kind of place, especially if you can afford it.

Good luck in your journey and keep us informed of your progress and ask more questions as needed.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:37 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,171,022 times
Can you visit the two cities to get a feel for both?

Old 12-11-2013, 02:08 PM

599 posts, read 895,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

EXCELLENT mass transit in the Rte 36 corridor btw Boulder and Denver.

LMAO.

Hope she likes riding buses.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Can you visit the two cities to get a feel for both?
I plan on visiting next spring

Old 12-11-2013, 02:34 PM

Oh, I'm also a professional hoop dancer and really want to continue performing and teaching places, I've heard from a Boulderite there is much more opportunity in Denver.

How is a drive from Denver to Boulder? I will most likely have a car.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:39 PM

23,570 posts, read 43,461,163 times
Kay, look in the index under Commuting for threads on Denver-Boulder driving.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:44 PM

Thanks I'll check it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado