Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 08:16 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jauburn View Post
How in the world can anyone "prevent the smoking of pot"? What a bunch of rubbish. I can see there's still a ways to go on the attitude front.

Before you come to MY STATE and start smoking your a** off...there are MANY of us who don't smoke pot. And my HOA has this rule-I don't want to be stuck inside while everyone is smoking it..I can't stand the smell...so why don't you get that chip off your shoulder and have some manners?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 08:22 AM

8,317 posts, read 29,469,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jauburn View Post
How in the world can anyone "prevent the smoking of pot"? What a bunch of rubbish. I can see there's still a ways to go on the attitude front.
HOA's, any other landowners, and employers have the right to regulate what they permit on THEIR PROPERTY. Get over it.

And, though few people posting here think it will happen (I disagree), "legalized" pot in Colorado could be just one federal court challenge away from being overturned--MJ is still federally illegal, no matter what any state has to say about it. Anybody relocating or buying property in Colorado for the sole reason of "enjoying" legalized MJ should keep that in mind.

Last edited by jazzlover; 03-16-2014 at 09:13 AM..

Old 03-16-2014, 11:59 PM

18,722 posts, read 33,380,506 times
OP should remember, after "flying in" to buy some stuff, that it is illegal to transport it out of state, especially through the airport. A friendly reminder.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:39 AM

66 posts, read 102,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Before you come to MY STATE and start smoking your a** off...there are MANY of us who don't smoke pot. And my HOA has this rule-I don't want to be stuck inside while everyone is smoking it..I can't stand the smell...so why don't you get that chip off your shoulder and have some manners?
Your state? You're just someone who moved here before OP, same as me.

Your state....lol. I cant get over that. Reiterating that you don't smoke pot like it's some impressive feat...lol.

Welcome OP. CO is a great place. Great weather, stunning scenery, affordable and despite hysteria here from a couple elderly members who essentially live to crap on Colorado because we progressed past 1955..not mentioning names...it's an amazing state.

Jazz is wrong about this. This trend will continue on the marijuana issue.You have nothing to fear. The precedent favors the cannabis enthusiast on every measurable level, federal et al.

Where are you going to stay brother? Hit me up on here via PM if you're near my neck of the woods and I'll sort you out with the pot stuff, free of charge.

Welcome to the mountains.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 03-17-2014 at 02:24 PM..

Old 03-17-2014, 09:55 AM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyvip View Post
Your state? You're just someone who moved here before OP, same as me.

Your state....lol. I cant get over that. Reiterating that you don't smoke pot like it's some impressive feat...lol.

Welcome OP. CO is a great place. Great weather, stunning scenery, affordable and despite hysteria here from a couple elderly members who essentially live to crap on Colorado because we progressed past 1955..not mentioning names...it's an amazing state.

Jazz is wrong about this. This trend will continue on the marijuana issue. You have nothing to fear. The precedent favors the cannabis enthusiast on every measurable level, federal et al.

Where are you going to stay brother? Hit me up on here via PM if you're near my neck of the woods and I'll sort you out with the pot stuff, free of charge.

Welcome to the mountains.
Actually, again, Jazz ain't always wrong, just very opinionated. This is America, and he's got that right. The pot thing could still go either way...remember folks, we don't know what sort of a Prez we're gonna wind up with once Obama is out the door, now do we? Anything could happen. I have hope, but still....I, too, wonder if it's wise to jump into big expenditures like property transactions with just legal pot as the driving factor, unless one has a child suffering from extreme epilepsy like on that show I watched recently...but it's not my life, now is it? Nor my money. OP, you think things through and you do what seems best, yeah? Like we all do. And rightly so.

Opinions...they're like...well, you know. We all have 'em. And you know what else stinks? Pot smoke, if you're not into it. I can truly understand homeowners' associations making rules about that. One should be respectful of one's neighbors. So what? Just eat, drink, and be MERRY! There are other options. Hopefully in the foreseeable future we get some secluded luxury retreats, and discreet and well air-filtered clubs, and we can get this going in a way that suits everyone.

Glad someone mentioned that you can't take it out of state, that was my first thought when you said you were flying into Denver and going straight away to stock up. You won't make it back through the airport with your stash if you're only doing a scouting visit...or were you saying that you're flying in to stay? If so, I wish you luck and I think you're gonna need it unless you have mucho dinero to work with in establishing your new life here from scratch. But hey...if you can afford to retire, maybe you can afford to do that. In this day and age, I know lots of folks who should be retiring who might not ever afford to do it, so if you've saved up enough to stop working at a decent age, man you are way ahead of the pack. Good on ya!

Last edited by Mike from back east; 03-17-2014 at 02:25 PM..

Old 03-17-2014, 10:17 AM

356 posts, read 624,098 times
Even though it's legal now, it still dumbfounds me why people go to the shops to pay the marked up price and tax. There are SO many outlets to get pot here outside the shops one can walk a few blocks downtown and come across someone selling... Legalized or not pot will never go away.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:17 AM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCO5280 View Post
Even though it's legal now, it still dumbfounds me why people go to the shops to pay the marked up price and tax. There are SO many outlets to get pot here outside the shops one can walk a few blocks downtown and come across someone selling... Legalized or not pot will never go away.
I think the best and biggest reason for pot shops, are the vapes, edibles, tinctures, etc.

Stuff besides just bags o' bud or pre-rolled joints of the stuff.

I like that they're offering other alternatives to smoking, so that those of us who don't use won't necessarily have to smell it. However, I think that they should sell locking containers there and strongly suggest to people to lock down their stash, and I really really hope that parents would do so. But I just moments ago saw a Buzzfeed article on "Parenting Fails" that featured a woman who had dressed her little boy in a costume that looked like a giant bong, and a man with a little girl on his shoulders who was smoking a huge giant oversized Cheech & Chong movie prop lookin' mega-joint.

But I don't imagine these people would fail less at parenting due to prohibition. Some people just...should not breed...

Old 03-18-2014, 09:31 AM

356 posts, read 624,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I think the best and biggest reason for pot shops, are the vapes, edibles, tinctures, etc.
Agreed- the shops are good for that sort of thing. Just sounded like the OP was looking for just a plain ol' bag of weed.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:33 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
.... a man with a little girl on his shoulders who was smoking a huge giant oversized Cheech & Chong movie prop lookin' mega-joint. ...
Ah, Cheech and Chong, such memories....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-23-2014, 04:33 PM

642 posts, read 1,113,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCO5280 View Post
I think it's worth it for the experience of walking into a store and being able to choose from various strains and different sativa/indica ratios. Plus, the prices aren't far from street prices outside CO, and once the novelty wears of and there are more suppliers, the prices will likely drop, as they did for MMJ.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 03-23-2014 at 04:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado