Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 10:32 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,349,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Check this out.
you tube video
Interesting. Total stoner girl = totally unattractive (IMO). It's a shame, she's cute otherwise.

People should not be driving stoned. But they also should not be driving, drunk, angry, crying, sleepy or stupid… so what can you do? Just be defensive and take every precaution I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 03:20 PM

529 posts, read 1,538,557 times
As long as stoners stay in the right lane I have no issue. Just don't go 20mph in the left or middle lanes!

Is it a potential issue? YES! Is it illegal to drive impaired? YES! However if alcohol is legal then it makes sense for marijuana to be legal too and we have to accept that some people will break the law and drive impaired if the substance is legal.

Old 06-06-2014, 06:07 PM

26,111 posts, read 48,696,623 times
There was an auto wreck back in January where the police claim the driver was stoned. The dude became the poster boy for stoned driving.

Details recently released indicate the man was drunk, not stoned, with a blood alcohol level of .268, more than 3 times the legal limit of 0.08

Like that old saying, a lie is halfway around the world before the truth gets started.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:44 PM

670 posts, read 1,165,270 times
Thanks for posting that update, Mike. I wondered about that...

Old 06-09-2014, 10:16 AM

50 posts, read 79,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
I've been curious to see what type of issue this would become. Are too many people driving high? Are too many drivers also driving with marijuana and alcohol in them? How do control this?

More Colorado drivers in fatal crashes positive for pot, study says - The Denver Post
It turned out that the police misrepresented the incident. The driver was alcoholic-level drunk. His blood alcohol was three times the legal limit so it wasn't the pot that caused him to crash in to the parked police cars. It sounds to me as if the police in Colorado deeply hate the state making pot legal since they're willing to lie the way they did.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockChester View Post
His blood alcohol was three times the legal limit so it wasn't the pot that caused him to crash in to the parked police cars. It sounds to me as if the police in Colorado deeply hate the state making pot legal since they're willing to lie the way they did.
Perhaps it was the mixture of pot and alcohol that led to the crash? I'm not buying the notion of some big association of cops hating the pot laws and making up lies to make their point. It seems more likely the product of normal human error, which could include some prejudices.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:50 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,717,866 times
Like it or not I can see the cops picking up and blaming something on cannibus before they do on alcohol. Most cops became cops before MMJ became the growth industry it has, not to mention recreational use, they have been taught all the terrible things that drug use brings, and most were taught in training that weed is not much different than coke or heroin, so they still notice the drug use 1st.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
Perhaps it was the mixture of pot and alcohol that led to the crash? I'm not buying the notion of some big association of cops hating the pot laws and making up lies to make their point. It seems more likely the product of normal human error, which could include some prejudices.
Never said it was a big association of cops. The driver had three times the legal limit of alcohol in his blood. That, my friend, is a full blown blackout drunk alcoholic. That much alcohol would kill the average person. The little bit of MJ that he had in him was nothing compared to that much alcohol. And the cops didn't smell the alcohol? Seriously, that's just not realistic. And, they kept the toxicology report hidden. The Colorado newspapers bought the cop story hook line and sinker. It took outside news agencies to uncover the fact that a boatload of alcohol was the real culprit.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Never said it was a big association of cops.
That's true. I assumed that "police in Colorado" would be a pretty big group.
Quote:
The driver had three times the legal limit of alcohol in his blood. That, my friend, is a full blown blackout drunk alcoholic. That much alcohol would kill the average person. The little bit of MJ that he had in him was nothing compared to that much alcohol. And the cops didn't smell the alcohol? Seriously, that's just not realistic. And, they kept the toxicology report hidden. The Colorado newspapers bought the cop story hook line and sinker. It took outside news agencies to uncover the fact that a boatload of alcohol was the real culprit.
I just wondered if some synergy was at play, regardless of whatever the mixture ratio was. Are you saying that having enough alcohol in your blood offsets the effects of THC or other active drug ingredients? Or are you saying that the alcohol was MORE of a factor than anything else? If the latter is the case, I agree. But I'm still not buying the idea of some sot of anti-pot conspiracy. Series of embarrassing blunders and oafish cover-ups? Probably. Organized attempt to expose the pitfalls of pot legality? Doubtful.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
That's true. I assumed that "police in Colorado" would be a pretty big group.

I just wondered if some synergy was at play, regardless of whatever the mixture ratio was. Are you saying that having enough alcohol in your blood offsets the effects of THC or other active drug ingredients? Or are you saying that the alcohol was MORE of a factor than anything else? If the latter is the case, I agree. But I'm still not buying the idea of some sot of anti-pot conspiracy. Series of embarrassing blunders and oafish cover-ups? Probably. Organized attempt to expose the pitfalls of pot legality? Doubtful.
Three times the legal limit of alcohol was in his blood. Dude, please. Saying that MJ had something to do with his crash is like having a major heart attack and spraining your hand when falling to the ground and the coroner saying the sprain was what killed you. I'm pretty sure that it was the HEART ATTACK that was the problem. Maybe he didn't get enough sleep the night before. Whatever. The fact that he had enough alcohol in his system that would kill a normal person is the reason why he crashed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado