Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 12:46 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,102,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Especially in a state that has a large percentage (25%, last I saw) of 'religiously unaffiliated'. If you're (general you) are trying to base "No same sex marriage" off of religious values in this state, you've got a large block of "Are you kidding me?" against you right there.
I'll be running for City Council, not Governor or State Senator. If elected, I will be focused on fixing pot holes and bus routes, not the nation's immorality.

Last edited by Bideshi; 07-17-2014 at 12:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
You can certainly vote how you want, but Colorado is not some conservative paradise. It's only getting "bluer", and I would imagine that legal weed isn't exactly attracting Bible thumpers to Colorado.
I believe all drugs should be de-criminalized to take the profit out of drug dealing. If people choose to destroy themselves through drug use, alcohol or gambling, so be it. The rest of us will get on with our lives without the drug gangs.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Uh... no!

It doesn't matter what "the people" voted for if it's unconstitutional.
SCOTUS has yet to rule on that. Unelected appointed Federal judges rulings are not a Supreme Court decision. This is a very important 10th Amendment issue.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Native View Post
So you are all for slavery, racism, and misogyny?

Old 07-17-2014, 03:20 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,339,423 times
You can ignore a persons point by posting a slap-head smiley and running away.... but it demeans you and not them. Because the point being made, while short, is valid.

The point is that the appeal to "traditional values" says nothing really. You still have to cherry pick WHICH "traditional values" you wish to subscribe to and what you consider "tradition" and not.

Needless to say when you do this some of your cherry picked traditional values that you adopt will predate AND post-date others you have chosen to reject. Which just makes a mockery of the idea in the first place.

What I was getting at in my first reply..... which you roundly ignored and skipped.... and what "Prodigal Native" is getting at in his reply..... which you roundly dismissed with a throw away smiley icon...... is quite simple and it is this:

The phrase "Traditional Values" sounds emotive and useful and meaningful on paper.... but as soon as you begin to unpack what it actually means it disappears in a puff of smoke. It is a meaningless and empty propaganda phrase that says precisely nothing at all.

But I guess if you are running for office, as you suggest you are, meaningless and empty emotive phrases.... for purposes of propaganda and the like.... are par for the course, oder?

Old 07-17-2014, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post

But I guess if you are running for office, as you suggest you are, meaningless and empty emotive phrases.... for purposes of propaganda and the like.... are par for the course, oder?
Oder nicht, but thank you for your almost polite post. You didn't accuse me of lying even once.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:47 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,339,423 times
So just avoiding the content of yet another post are you? How was any of that a reply to anything I have written on this thread so far?

Though I guess avoiding points and questions is another sad but true attribute of politics today.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:11 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,922,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I believe all drugs should be de-criminalized to take the profit out of drug dealing. If people choose to destroy themselves through drug use, alcohol or gambling, so be it. The rest of us will get on with our lives without the drug gangs.

I agree. The government has no business telling an adult what they can eat, drink, or smoke.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:29 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,087,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I agree. The government has no business telling an adult what they can eat, drink, or smoke.
I'm fine with legal pot, but draw the line and the harder drugs... meth, crack, heroin. That stuff shouldn't be sold legally and is worth the drug war, IMO. Too addictive and destructive.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:37 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,627,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Why don't you have the same views about same-sex couples then? lol

I know it's a religious thing for you, but why should your religious beliefs dictate how other people want to live? I'm christian myself, but this is why people have such negative opinions of Christians (and religion in general).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado