Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2017, 01:30 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,457,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyt00 View Post

Pueblo = Napa.
I am not the one who came up with that. Its been reported many times that Pueblo is the Napa valley for marijuana or the "marijuana valley".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 09:51 PM

Talking 5 towns saved from ruin by the booming legal weed industry

I do admit pueblo is unique. Why it is now known as the marijuana valley!

Note: the unemployment rate is now 3.2% and most of the mj money in the state goes through pueblo boosting it a lot and there is now over 200 marijuana business with over 1,500 jobs.

This is from Business Insider:

Pueblo County, once an economic center of the state's plains, has been struggling to recover from a collapsed steel industry. Its unemployment rate, at 7.2%, ranks among the highest in Colorado. But newcomers have migrated there in recent years, hoping to find work in weed.

Since the first dispensary opened in Pueblo County in 2014, cultivation facilities, infused products manufacturers, and over 100 retailers have created more than 1,300 jobs in the industry. In 2015, more than one-third of construction projects there were tied to marijuana.

The county's economic recovery is ongoing. But county officials say the industry generates almost $4 million in annual tax revenue, which funds 4H and Future Farmers of America efforts, medical marijuana research at Colorado State University Pueblo, and a first-of-its-kind scholarship program that will send graduating high school seniors to local universities this fall.

The link: Small towns saved from ruin by the booming legal marijuana industry - Business Insider

Old 05-25-2017, 01:24 PM

209 posts, read 257,506 times
Good job, Pueblo!!

Old 08-09-2017, 10:41 AM

Some great news out of the marijuana valley and why I argue we will see a lot of economic growth causing population growth in the next 13 years by 2030.

This is from the Chieftain:

Three years ago, he and a group of business partners began looking for ways to support U.S. marijuana growers with their space, capital and business services needs, Thompson said. The Pueblo project represents the end result, a "flagship" center for the company that will feature the latest in grow efficiencies, he said. The first phase calls for renovation work and is set to begin now, he said. The later phases call for the construction of a three-story state-of-the-art marijuana grow facility, he said. A conference room and space for research and other business services also are envisioned. The company also hopes to work with Colorado State University-Pueblo's new marijuana research program, he said. The company's goal also is to employ graduates of the program, he said. Doyen's interest in Pueblo builds on the community's emergence as a leading trade center for marijuana farming and research. Pace, in his remarks, noted that Pueblo County is now home to more than 120 cultivation operations of varying sizes.

The link: Developer: Marijuana a growth industry | Pueblo Chieftain

Old 08-10-2017, 11:31 AM

1,943 posts, read 2,296,787 times
I have seen a few " marijuana jobs " on the Indeed job web site . One was for a position to run a laboratory which requires a professional degree.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberry View Post
I have seen a few " marijuana jobs " on the Indeed job web site . One was for a position to run a laboratory which requires a professional degree.
I found out that since election day in November of 2016, 9 months ago, there is now over 120 growers of marijuana in pueblo. That means we have added 1,000 employees to over 2300. That is less than a year and only one Industry and does not even include retail sales of marijuana. This is why Pueblo's economy is booming and the metro growing.

Old 08-21-2017, 09:02 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,342,421 times
You see growth but will it be in other areas other than Pot! I was just in Trinidad and saw 10 pot shops for a town of 6000 and lots of beggars out there. Some with dogs asking for money to feed their dog. I would want other growth like the golf course being restored or just jobs that you can go up the ladder in. These pot smokers probably are never going to be able to afford a Colorado house of any quality. Now the growers and sellers is probably a different story. A car dealer turned his dealership into a pot store. Obviously making more money selling pot and selling cars. My favorite pizza parlor has been renamed Strawberry Fields. They say the town is really reaping in the money but I didn't see it in the town. Still lots of empty store fronts. I saw the same problem in but Pagosa and Cuchara.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
You see growth but will it be in other areas other than Pot! I was just in Trinidad and saw 10 pot shops for a town of 6000 and lots of beggars out there. Some with dogs asking for money to feed their dog. I would want other growth like the golf course being restored or just jobs that you can go up the ladder in. These pot smokers probably are never going to be able to afford a Colorado house of any quality. Now the growers and sellers is probably a different story. A car dealer turned his dealership into a pot store. Obviously making more money selling pot and selling cars. My favorite pizza parlor has been renamed Strawberry Fields. They say the town is really reaping in the money but I didn't see it in the town. Still lots of empty store fronts. I saw the same problem in but Pagosa and Cuchara.
In pueblo the marijuana industry has created thousands of jobs and is essentially funneling in all the money spent on marijuana in the state through Pueblo since we grow most of it here. That is causing every sector of the economy to grow at the same time. From the construction industry to the housing industry to the retail sales industry even the information technology industry. Why Pueblo's apartment vacancy rate went from the highest in the state to the lowest and our housing market is now a sellers market and manufacriring buildings have more than doubled sometimes tripled in value in less then two years. And from what I am told this is just the tip of the economic iceberg.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:15 AM

I read last night were Pueblo's apartment vacancy rate remains the lowest in the state at 1.7%. This of course is due to Pueblo being the marijuana valley which has caused the influx of businesses and people. You can see signs of the construction industry ramping up in the metro area which will cause the econony to grow even more in 2018.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:26 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I read last night were Pueblo's apartment vacancy rate remains the lowest in the state at 1.7%. This of course is due to Pueblo being the marijuana valley which has caused the influx of businesses and people. You can see signs of the construction industry ramping up in the metro area which will cause the econony to grow even more in 2018.
That sounds like an assertion made with zero data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado