Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2017, 07:29 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,388,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWTJ View Post
Gov't knows alcohol kills maybe 88,000 Americans a year and thinks that is better than 0 deaths cannabis? Also tobacco and pills each kill at least 250,000 a year, so they are even better? But now they've got drug-laden foods killing about 500,000 a year so that is best? If it isn't a conspiracy, what do you call it?
Deaths related to overconsumption of processed cannibis in edibles with their variety of additives, along with the continued effects of inhaling smoked cannabis are very real health concerns that we are starting to learn about. Even if there are zero deaths by cannabis now, which I doubt, it will not always remain so. If it is a less deadly vice than alcohol or cigarettes, I'm sure that is great news for some.

Consider it a conspiracy if you will, but I'd see it as business as usual in the Federal Government with lobbyist galore. Alcohol, tobacco and drugs have many, weed has very few. Personally, rather than say it is a conspiracy against the weed industry, I'd say the whole thing demonstrates how out of touch the government is to the people and instead tends to represent the collective lobbyist more than the average person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 08:24 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Hopefully this thread will hang around for a while, so that we can continue to revisit predictions,
What I want to know is if marxmon (OP) made it out to Pueblo, 'took back Bessemer', and has been elected mayor yet.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:00 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I'm not sure you realize how much more money other industries contribute to these local economies. Craft beer kicks in nearly $2B to the state's economy, but none of you guys are saying craft beer is driving the economy or pushing up rental rates. Pot is having an impact on the economy no doubt, it just not driving the entire economy the way you want to think it is. There is a disconnect from reality.
If I was talkimg about the entire state I would agree with you. This thread is ONLY about Pueblo. So much like wine has a huge impact on the economy of Napa Valley California but not the same to Los Angeles, San Diego or San Francisco marijuana has had a huge economic impact on Pueblo but not the same kind of impact in Colorado Springs and Denver. Why even 60 minutes called Pueblo the Napa Valley for marijuana aka the marijuana Valley.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:30 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
If I was talkimg about the entire state I would agree with you. This thread is ONLY about Pueblo. So much like wine has a huge impact on the economy of Napa Valley California but not the same to Los Angeles, San Diego or San Francisco marijuana has had a huge economic impact on Pueblo but not the same kind of impact in Colorado Springs and Denver. Why even 60 minutes called Pueblo the Napa Valley for marijuana aka the marijuana Valley.
It would be helpful to quantify it instead of just relying on a tag line from a news report. Especially when the topic is something that the news media has been sensationalizing repeatedly.

As for the Napa comparison, Napa sells wine globally. Pueblo is selling weed, mostly in the Southeastern Colorado region. Have you seen the vast grow warehouses in Denver? So far, pot production is hyper localized. There are laws that prevent pot from leaving the state. For Pueblo, or anywhere else for that matter, to become a true Napa of pot the laws would have to change significantly.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 08-29-2017 at 11:40 AM..

Old 08-29-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
It would be helpful to quantify it instead of just relying on a tag line from a news report. Especially when the topic is something that the news media has been sensationalizing repeatedly.

As for the Napa comparison, Napa sells wine globally. Pueblo is selling weed, mostly in the Southwestern Colorado region. Have you seen the vast grow warehouses in Denver? So far, pot production is hyper localized. There are laws that prevent pot from leaving the state. For Pueblo or anywhere else for that matter, to become a true Napa of pot, the laws would have to change significantly.
Pueblo supplys the weed for most of the state. In fact I have sat through economic meetings where they say 50% to 80% of the money spent on mj in the state goes theough Pueblo in someway. However you are correct it's only on the state level and I am told when this becomes bigger on a national level then you will see certain parts of the country economically explode and Pueblo is one of those parts of the country. Why the county reaching 500,000 people by 2030 is possible. You can see the beginning of that now with CSU Pueblo with its advanced marijuana institute causing investors from Chicago to come in and buy the old Pepsi building near the interstate . This is just the start .

Old 08-29-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Pueblo supplys the weed for most of the state. In fact I have sat through economic meetings where they say 50% to 80% of the money spent on mj in the state goes theough Pueblo in someway. However you are correct it's only on the state level and I am told when this becomes bigger on a national level then you will see certain parts of the country economically explode and Pueblo is one of those parts of the country. Why the county reaching 500,000 people by 2030 is possible. You can see the beginning of that now with CSU Pueblo with its advanced marijuana institute causing investors from Chicago to come in and buy the old Pepsi building near the interstate . This is just the start .
I'm skeptical. What do that mean when you say 50-80% of the money on mj goes through Pueblo? That's an awful wide variance and pretty non descriptive.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 08-29-2017 at 12:02 PM..

Old 08-29-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I'm skeptical. What do that mean when you say 50-80% of the money on mj goes rough Pueblo? That's an awful wide variance and pretty non descriptive.
Its like when they say Denver is the economic center of the state so most of the money spent in the state at some point funnels through Denver Pueblo is the economic center or as the Colorado Springs Gazette called it the marijuana capital so at some point through the economic chain 50% to 80% of the money spent in the state on marijuana makes its way through Pueblo.

Old 08-29-2017, 12:01 PM

1,948 posts, read 2,297,831 times
yes please explain " 50% to 80% of the money spent on MJ goes through Pueblo in some way ". inquiring minds want to know ....

Old 08-29-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Its like when they say Denver is the economic center of the state so most of the money spent in the state at some point funnels through Denver Pueblo is the economic center or as the Colorado Springs Gazette called it the marijuana capital so at some point through the economic chain 50% to 80% of the money spent in the state on marijuana makes its way through Pueblo.
Pretty thin.

Old 08-29-2017, 12:20 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Quote:
Pretty thin.
Reality is merely a concept....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado