Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 06:33 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times

Advertisements

My sources tell me this passed last night. It would be a big economic boon for the north side of Pueblo. When I get more information on it I will post it.

This is from the Chieftain:

Dr. Malik Hasan, the neurologist who built the QualMed health maintenance organization in the 1980s, is joining in a new national business trend. Hasan has created a new company, Nu Veu Pharma, which intends to operate a greenhouse and medical pot dispensary on 5 acres at 413 Eagleridge Blvd.

City Council agreed to rezone the land into a business park Monday night and during the discussion, Hasan’s role in creating the company was referenced several times.

- See more at: Hasan aims for med pot biz here | The Pueblo Chieftain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 03:36 PM

Exclamation Pueblo County: Marijuana-funded scholarship program likely world's first

How cool is this? Soon there should be no excuse why someone from Pueblo would not get a college degree.

This is from KRDO Colorado Springs/ Pueblo:

Pueblo County says voters made history Tuesday night when they approved a ballot initiative that will create college scholarships with tax proceeds from legal marijuana. Beginning in 2017, every high school graduate from the City or County of Pueblo will automatically be eligible for a college scholarship created by Pueblo County’s new marijuana excise tax fund. “It’s due time that we make college affordable for everyone in our community,” Pueblo County Commissioner Sal Pace said. The ballot measure proposed a five percent excise tax on recreational marijuana grows from Pueblo County and that on an annual basis, no less than 50 percent of the revenue of the excise tax shall be placed in the cash fund for the purpose of providing college scholarships to all high schools in the City and County of Pueblo. During the first year the tax is in effect, 2017, the scholarships would be available to new graduates attending a public college or university in Pueblo County. The program may be expanded in future years depending on revenue.

The link: Pueblo County: Marijuana-funded scholarship program likely world's first | News - Home

Old 02-22-2016, 09:11 PM

Talking High times’ cannabis cup headed to bands in the backyard location in pueblo

Pueblo will now host the worlds largest pot party east of town in a place called bands in the backyard. Should be a boost to the local economy! Glad they moved it here from Denver.

This is from the Pulp, a local newspaper in Pueblo.

Last week, High Times announced that their Cannabis Cup was headed away from Denver to Pueblo but High Times didn’t say where the event would be held.

It now looks like the Bands in the Backyard, a country music festival held 10 minutes from downtown Pueblo along Highway 50, will host the venue if permitted. Tommy G Productions, which puts on the country music festival, originally submitted the application for the cannabis festival.

The link: High Times' Cannabis Cup headed to Bands in the Backyard location in Pueblo - PULP

Old 02-25-2016, 06:30 PM

59 posts, read 54,730 times
Time will tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Cannabis Cup yet: It

Old 02-25-2016, 06:52 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Dijonies, opportunist that he is, jumped the gun on this one.

He lied. He said he had a permit and he didn't.

Kirk Taylor of Mayberry will appeal it if they try to get it.

So instead of 60,000, Bands in the Backyard will remain a 3,000 venue.

Don't believe me? Bet me money and shake my hand.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:53 PM

I've not only seen the drama but became part of it by calling and sending e mails in favor of said event. I will never vote for the sherif again either as I think he has overstepped his bounds. I am optimistic the permit will be given if not I will not be a happy camper.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:05 PM

38 posts, read 35,918 times
I speak from experience. I'll put this delicately for political correctness reasons (and forum rules).

In most of the CO pot scene- aside from certain areas in and around Denver- your competition will be middle class anglo people competing in a semi-open market. Very little chance of violence in sale negotiation. In most of CO grower to supplier relationships operate like a normal business transaction over coffee.

In Pueblo, certain elements with power from outside the US control the marijuana trade.

So, if you already have a buyer and make every precaution to avoid prying eyes, Pueblo is fine.

If you plan on distributing in or around Pueblo- and you're just some guy whose not connected on the street- you're operating under the equivalent of a bootlegger running stills in Prohibition Era Chicago down the block from Al Capone. Only Al wasn't this vicious.

Grand Junction and of course many areas of Colorado has a problem with these types of people, but they almost universally stick to meth production. Not enough money in pot for biker gangs and Mexican Mafia, generally speaking. In Pueblo that's not the case. They feel it's "their" turf, period.

Cliffnotes: if you've already got a middle man lined up, go for it. Some of the cheapest living in the state. If you don't, well...make friends in Boulder or Aspen. Not Pueblo.

PS: If you're planning to do this in a condo or rental apartment, you will get robbed. You just will. If you're going to rent, rent a single family unit.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:46 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I will never vote for the sherif again either as I think he has overstepped his bounds...

Ha ha!

He's a wolf (republican) in sheep's (democrat) clothes. I went to school with him. He's doing fine.

Will Colorado please Pot Producers? No.

It was a stupidly written amendment then, and it's stupid now. You come to work stoned where I work, and they'll can your ass. Weed is a dulling and boring drug, fit for hippies and/or skateboarders... who think they are smart, make the most money, and say that they are brain surgeons, while living in their mom's basement, drive run down Kias, and listen to ICP.

Old 02-26-2016, 01:52 AM

59 posts, read 54,730 times
Josseppie,

Did you even read the linked article? If you are the supporter of Pueblo that you claim to be, it would seem that you would have concerns about what has occurred so far...........the applicant failed to properly identify the nature of the event on the special event application, stating that a title was "yet to be determined". The applicant mailed letters to his neighbors to inform them that he would be hosting what he called a "Spring Fest". He also stated in the letter that the event had already been granted approval by Pueblo County. These events occurred before a properly completed permit was even submitted.....do these not appear to be red flags to you??? You should be glad that the sheriff is asking questions instead of bad mouthing him.

I am sure that the Planning and Development Office will take your happiness into account when they make their final decision.

Old 02-26-2016, 07:21 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Weed is a dulling and boring drug, fit for hippies and/or skateboarders... who think they are smart, make the most money, and say that they are brain surgeons, while living in their mom's basement, drive run down Kias, and listen to ICP.
Sorry, I can't let that statement stand without commenting.

That view of cannabis is much too narrow to be accurate. It certainly can be dulling and/or boring, but depending on the person and the strain it can also be just the opposite.

I know my 40+ years of direct experience with it while leading a happy, productive life in a high tech field will not sway your opinion even one little bit, but your statement as it stands is just plain inaccurate.

And for your information, my mom died 25 years ago and her house didn't have a basement.

Just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado