Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2014, 01:21 AM

7 posts, read 5,854 times

Advertisements

Hi all.

I am researching buying some land at least 5+ acres to build a timber frame home on with a budget of $100k USD (just for the land). Max 1hr from Denver. I am actively searching and will be seeing the places in person of course.

I am curious what people think the most scenic places to buy land are. Ideally the land would have nice thick forest with mature trees, mountain views and some open spaces/meadows on the land as well.

Thanks for opinions and comments.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 10:49 AM

2,075 posts, read 5,121,533 times
I'm guessing that most areas within an hour from Denver are going to be expensive. I live within an hour from Denver and land is around $100,000 for an acre. It's a beautiful area that meets your requirements.
Googled and found this site Nederland, Boulder County, Colorado Land for sale, Nederland, Boulder County, Colorado Acreage for Sale, Nederland, Boulder County, Colorado Lots for Sale at LandWatch.com
Just under 5 acres for $169,000: Nederland, Boulder County, Colorado land for sale - 4.7 acres at LandWatch.com

Old 09-01-2014, 11:06 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,693 posts, read 58,004,579 times
"black" forest has some bargain properties after last yrs fire. It is one of the nicest and closest forests to Denver.

Evergreen, CO will be another option.

Don't forget about your "defensible space", living in a forest comes at a 'cost' (needles, pollen, dark, branches and trees crunching your house...). Thus I prefer open space south slope with a view. It is a lot of work to build a house (I'm on number 5 of country view homes I have built, property number 30 since I left Colorado (1980) due to over crowding). so... you will probably need to practice on a few. I buy larger acreage (or adjoining) and build and split off. ($500k tax free gain every 24 months).

Ready for Wildfire - Creating Defensible Space
The basics of defensible space and the
Defensible Space - Colorado State Forest Service - Colorado State University

Old 09-01-2014, 11:50 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldesp View Post
Hi all.

I am researching buying some land at least 5+ acres to build a timber frame home on with a budget of $100k USD (just for the land). Max 1hr from Denver. I am actively searching and will be seeing the places in person of course.

I am curious what people think the most scenic places to buy land are. Ideally the land would have nice thick forest with mature trees, mountain views and some open spaces/meadows on the land as well.

Thanks for opinions and comments.

Realtor.com returns 5 properties in the Black Forest area north of COLO SPGS that are at least 5 acres and below $100k.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:51 PM

403 posts, read 759,217 times
Check out Conifer, Pine, and Bailey. The best website for searching for homes or land is Homes for Sale in Colorado | Homes for Sale and Real Estate Agent search in Colorado | REcolorado.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:21 AM

7 posts, read 5,854 times
Thanks for the input everyone, I will be taking a look at all the links and locations mentioned so far. I appreciate the opinions so keep them coming =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado