Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 08:54 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,463,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldcollegealum View Post
You seem to be a little obsessed with that Mazda 3. Wait until you get a scratch or dent...
Or gets the front end pelted with sand and gravel from Colorado's winter "sanded" roads. Or, better yet, a cracked windshield from same. Or, gets in an accident due to lack of winter driving skills. Then the front license plate will become the stupid, trivial issue that it really is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 09:04 PM

194 posts, read 273,061 times
Remember we now live in a police state and cops are looking for any reason to pull you over. Don't give them this. They will try to search your car without a warrant, plant something illegal in your car, or more likely shoot you for no reason.

Best to stay under the radar. You don't want to get pulled over. They are under pressure to generate revenue and shoot people.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:09 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Or gets the front end pelted with sand and gravel from Colorado's winter "sanded" roads. Or, better yet, a cracked windshield from same. Or, gets in an accident due to lack of winter driving skills. Then the front license plate will become the stupid, trivial issue that it really is.
SHhhhhh that was gonna be a surprise.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:23 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,945,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
I have at least one friend from Florida as well who has been here for over two years and still hasn't registered. I myself have a pristine driving record and I don't foresee that changing anytime soon as I have only become a safer driver with age.

I just wish they would have made this detail more known. If I would have known this is what was required then I would have kept my registration in Florida. I don't plan on being here in Colorado for but a few years but I do plan on keeping my car for many many years. I don't want holes in it when I take it back to Florida and no longer need the front license plate.

I'm looking at no drilling options now. I just need to find a good cord to wrap the plate around the bumper. Not sure what to use or how sturdy it will be but I actually trust that more than me using a drill on anything.
So Mr safe driver, what happens if somebody runs into YOU while you're in Colorado with your Florida plates? Do you seriously believe you have full control of that? Most US states require front plates, therefore every auto manufacturer has to accommodate installation of a front plate on the car. Just spend the $15 for the plate holder, have your dealer install it, and be done with it.

You're just making it a lot more trouble than it's worth for yourself...... good luck. BTW, if you do get caught using Florida plates while you're officially a Colorado resident, your auto insurance company will take a very dim view & you may end up paying an economic penalty when all is said & done.

I wonder what would happen if you were ever faced with a serious issue instead of something as trivial as this.......

Old 09-04-2014, 09:51 PM

656 posts, read 1,340,540 times
Quote:
Nope, not doing it. I will take the ticket to court before I have to drill holes into my car.
Oh, that can bite you in the backside HARD. Colorado has a nice little racket going... you talk to the DA, the DA takes whatever amount off the fine, but then you get slammed in fees. I got ticketed because Barney decided the oversize load I was hauling was divisible (because of a 2'x3' box I had put between the pontoons). DA took $250 off the fine... but then I got slammed with over $500 in fees. "Victim's compensation fee", where there was no ****ing victim, etc.
My advice? Get over it. Bite the bullet, and, if you're so incompetent with tools that you can't drill a couple holes in your bumper, let a pro do it. To that end, I'll offer my services.
By the way, how do you plan to register a car in your name when you hold a license in a different state?

Last edited by Mire; 09-04-2014 at 10:12 PM..

Old 09-04-2014, 09:59 PM

you don't even need a drill bit to screw into Tupperware you do not have a front bumper

Old 09-04-2014, 10:00 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Quote:
Nope, not doing it. I will take the ticket to court before I have to drill holes into my car.
And you will lose. Suck it up buttercup and drill the bracket into your bumper.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:50 PM

Quote:
This is a depressing story. It is just a silly requirement.

I bought some zip ties tonight and I will try to use those to display the license plate. Like all the other new Mazda3 vehicle's my car has the cutest smile on it though and now it will look like it has a huge chipped tooth!!

But while I am taking a great job here and I think my career will blossom for a few years I do not plan on making CO my permanent home. So I am not drilling holes into my bumper. I'll just stick to the zip ties for now.
Kissing your cute cars smiley face will be just as fun with a proper bracket as zip ties or rope or handcuffs woops did I go off topic?

Old 09-04-2014, 10:56 PM

656 posts, read 1,340,540 times
I don't know. Certainly got my attention when you brought handcuffs into the equation.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:42 PM

It's a Mazda3 thing you wouldn't understand.or is that JEEP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado