Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 02:16 AM

97 posts, read 135,096 times

Advertisements

Personally, I place the blame entirely on public education. It simply shouldn't exist. Period. The government (D or R or any other toxin) should not be teaching anyone anything ever -- particularly children. It seems to me that Germany not only *could* happen here, it actually, already has.

And no Mike, both Logan county and Sterling have outlawed marijuana -- medical and recreational. The nearest place to purchase is in Sedgwick county in the town of Sedgwick. They have no problem with inviting in oil pipelines, oil storage tanks, wind turbines, and who knows what all else though, and there never seems to be a shortage of new taxes on the ballot. Sad, sad state of affairs.

(Where/what is Radio Free Kayenta?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 10:25 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,934,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by certainquirk View Post
Personally, I place the blame entirely on public education. It simply shouldn't exist. Period. The government (D or R or any other toxin) should not be teaching anyone anything ever -- particularly children. It seems to me that Germany not only *could* happen here, it actually, already has.

And no Mike, both Logan county and Sterling have outlawed marijuana -- medical and recreational. The nearest place to purchase is in Sedgwick county in the town of Sedgwick. They have no problem with inviting in oil pipelines, oil storage tanks, wind turbines, and who knows what all else though, and there never seems to be a shortage of new taxes on the ballot. Sad, sad state of affairs.

(Where/what is Radio Free Kayenta?)
Well, I disagree with you on education. Local schools are not run by the political party currently in power. Education comes down to the parents and members of the local community. Unfortunately, too many parents just use the schools for free day care and have little to no interest in their child's actual education.

That aside, Radio Free Kayenta is what I call the all Navajo, all Navajo language radio station out of Kayenta, AZ on the rez. They don't have a political agenda that I can tell, they play CW and authentic Navajo music, including parts of the chant for the Beauty Way - one of my favorites. I despise the talk radio rant gang, MSNBC, and last but not least, Fox. Radio Free Kayenta leaves me with a feeling of sense of place - my own home here in the Four Corners where an individual can still make their voice heard. Best of luck with those oil pipelines. With Gov Hickenlooper on the take from the big energy outfits, Colorado should be lined with pipelines and full of fracking outfits in no short order. Out here Kinder Morgan has been allowed to trample both public and private lands and tell outrageous fairytales about all the jobs they're bringing in. K/M is bringing in jobs alright. I met one of them the other evening. He's up here from New Orleans and plans to leave for home as soon as his work here is finished. Typical. We locals get to work at Wal-mart if we're lucky.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:34 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
Government allots a certain budget to these agencies.

They have money to spend, and need to spend it.

Sterling asked for it, and they got it, likely using some imagined reason based on some sort of fear.

It really doesn't have to be more complicated than that.

Now, I go back to listening to my cherished CD single of "Proud to be an American".

Old 10-06-2014, 10:44 AM

1,710 posts, read 1,462,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaba View Post
People get the governments they deserve.

Traveling to Europe, the most depressing part isn't just realizing how rapidly we're declining. Its the astonishing realization of how ****ing dumb our population is, how naive, legitimately ignorant, mantra chanting retards. These are not people capable of managing a civilization such as this, so the natural outcome occurs; government takes over, ceasing to be a function of civil rule but instead, acting as a ruler.

Here's a map of the US showing counties with a median household income above 100K shown in green.

Notice the ring of green around Washington, DC relative the rest of the United States. Other than Scottsdale, AZ and NYC, the highest household incomes are a result of Federal Government jobs.

Realizing this, Lamborghini opened their new dealership in the beltway.

... and to top it off, they also want to be 'thanked for their service'.

Our civilization was dumb enough to let this happen, we deserve every bit of what comes next, tanks, armor and all.
Outside of the nice historic areas of Europe, I always felt it was mostly a dump. Unless you are very wealthy, you cant afford anything, most people live in overpriced apartments, their immigration policy is destroying many places internally, and the whole EU is propped up by Germany. I always thought of Europe as something to be the opposite of.

But yeah, I can see why small towns need 20ton Mine Resistant Protection Vehicles. I'm sure the dude that couldn't make the football team and could barely graduate HS is fully qualified to operate it as well!

It's all part of Obama's plan to have a militarized civilian police force. Look it up, he actually said he wants that during his 08 campaign.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:09 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Government allots a certain budget to these agencies.

They have money to spend, and need to spend it.

Sterling asked for it, and they got it, likely using some imagined reason based on some sort of fear.

It really doesn't have to be more complicated than that.

Now, I go back to listening to my cherished CD single of "Proud to be an American".
The federal government funds the local and state agencies.

DHS Financial Assistance | Homeland Security

Surplus war equipment is provided to local police free of charge.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:46 AM

BTW, Zaba, the green dot you see in the southwest is either Los Alamos (government) or Santa Fe (Hollynuts) but it's definitely not Scottsdale, AZ. (Because Hollynuts and gov have a symbiotic relationship, I believe it's safe to say they are one and the same).

Parfleche, John Williams nailed that one. Yes, in some ways things seemed freer in America not too long ago (for some) but I don't believe that anymore. It was an illusion. The entire game is/was rigged. The Internet has put an end to that old fashioned warm fuzzy.

David, that is truly one of the most obscene songs ever penned. May your cd player burst into a million pieces.

Sammy, I personally believe the president's name, face, background, etc, mean nothing. To become president in America you must prostrate yourself to the *real* world leaders. Presidents are puppets. Nothing more, nothing less. If they step out of line, they become dead presidents. (Ask Kennedy).

And Ichoro, according to our local (so-called) "news" this is NOT entirely free. They need money for it.

If I had children, they would NOT be in public schools. Period. Ever. I would teach my children to question everything, and in particular, to question what public schools mean when they say they teach children to be "good citizens".

Thanks for all the comments. Comforting to know I'm not alone in being concerned!

Old 10-06-2014, 12:05 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,469,568 times
The public schools are a mess because parents won't hold them accountable. In fact, way too many, if not most modern day parents want the schools only to be a baby-sitting service for kids that they probably should not have had in the first place. Poor schools are a symptom of poor parenting. It didn't used to be that way. Public schools were under local control and were held accountable for properly educating the children attending them. Attending school was not an entitlement, but a privilege bestowed on children who wished to be educated. Students who were either disruptive or refused to be responsible students were disciplined and, if that failed, were expelled from the system. Parents supported and were involved in the public school system. Those parents also recognized that a school was an educational institution, not a surrogate parent for their children.

The Founding Fathers of this country firmly believed that a functional public education system was a fundamental necessity for the Republic to survive. They realized that an uneducated and ignorant electorate would eventually destroy the Republic. Unfortunately, what we have now is only a semi-functioning public education system that is turning out a huge number of functionally illiterate and ignorant "graduates." They are exactly the uneducated electorate that the Founding Fathers feared would destroy the country--only now those "graduates" have a (worthless) piece of paper that purports them to be "educated."

As for "home-schooling," I've seen plenty of home-schooled kids who are functionally illiterate and barely able to survive in society as adults. They also often tend to be socially dysfunctional--often to the point of being sociopathic--having never acquired many social skills while cloistered in home-schooling.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:06 PM

Rambler, I'll be down in your neck of the woods sometime later this month or early next so I'll be sure to check out Radio Free Kayenta. I hope I don't come across any NSA spooks on the road. Like you, I also like to throw out words like bomb, kill, passport, airport, etc, in one setting, but I doubt those are the actual words they're looking for. They want to find the CODE that represents those words. Anyways, *someone* needs to keep those fusion centers productive...

Old 10-06-2014, 12:38 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
And Ichoro, according to our local (so-called) "news" this is NOT entirely free. They need money for it.
They need $3,800 to transport it from Texas, but the vehicle is provided free from the Department of Defense's 1033 program. They claim that it'll only cost $500 a year for maintenance. The Pentagon is also providing free parts for maintenance. What a sweetheart deal for the contractors who made them.

Sterling Police Department getting armored vehicle - Journal Advocate

Old 10-06-2014, 02:28 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by certainquirk View Post
David, that is truly one of the most obscene songs ever penned. May your cd player burst into a million pieces.
Twas a joke.

After reading the article, "meh".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado