Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 05:34 PM

3,378 posts, read 9,210,139 times

Advertisements

Basic requirements must be a garage and allows dogs. The small type of dog though....poodle under 12 lbs.

I have actually found a few condos / town homes that under the 300K mark with garages but they are silent on the dog issue. After a little digging I am finding out that some HOAs actually prohibit pets.

Any insight into the odds of me finding a place like this to buy?

For instance...this places seems pretty outstanding:
REALTOR.com - Real estate listings & homes for sale

But no dogs and has been on the market over 200 days. Priced fairly with a two car garage but on the market for so long? I wonder what is wrong with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 06:01 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,060,634 times
I don't see where in the listing it says no dogs? I have on occasion seen HOAs have a no dog clause on renters but not owners so you may want to double check the HOA guidelines. Otherwise the place looks ok, electric heat is a bummer and it doesn't show what the HOA fees are.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
I don't see where in the listing it says no dogs? I have on occasion seen HOAs have a no dog clause on renters but not owners so you may want to double check the HOA guidelines. Otherwise the place looks ok, electric heat is a bummer and it doesn't show what the HOA fees are.
543 Animas View Drive #22, Durango CO For Sale | Trulia.com

This ad shows no dogs and shows a $150 per month HOA. It is weird how some websites have a more complete description than others?

Good catch on the electric heat! That is a bummer...but I guess the winters have been pretty mild?

Old 02-08-2015, 06:47 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,060,634 times
Too bad about the no dogs thing, it does look like a nice little place and the HOA is reasonable. Enlisting a local realtor to search for you would probably be the easiest way to find out who will allow dogs.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:59 PM

Yeah, indeed....I am a long ways away still so I will just have to show up and see what the story is

Old 02-08-2015, 08:01 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Good price for Durango,but Animas view dr. is clogged with townhomes and condos with mostly renters.Your view SE will be a trailor park across AVD and the southern animas valley.Right behind you is HWY 550 with truck traffic all night.but you might not hear it.But you get the choo-choo train going by 8 times a day so keep those windows closed.I worked on Ricodo del Rio next door with metal framing and they sport black stripes every 16" on interior walls.Who knew coal dust was magnetic? if you come down have several other places to see lined up to compare. area is very liveable & easy access to downtown but not a neighborhood I would choose except maybe the price.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Good price for Durango,but Animas view dr. is clogged with townhomes and condos with mostly renters.Your view SE will be a trailor park across AVD and the southern animas valley.Right behind you is HWY 550 with truck traffic all night.but you might not hear it.But you get the choo-choo train going by 8 times a day so keep those windows closed.I worked on Ricodo del Rio next door with metal framing and they sport black stripes every 16" on interior walls.Who knew coal dust was magnetic? if you come down have several other places to see lined up to compare. area is very liveable & easy access to downtown but not a neighborhood I would choose except maybe the price.
Awesome insight thank you !

Are the trucks or do the trucks exhaust brake coming into town?

That is interesting about the coal dust from the train. I guess it kind of covers the town?

Old 02-08-2015, 08:43 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
jake breaking is not legal and posted but it is downhill coming in from the north so expect it brakes are still hot from the mountain why abuse them more. Coal dust is worst right along the tracks as it is heavy most of Dgo has no or little problem. They use pellets in the roundhouse all nite now,as the engines cannot be turned off like a truck so they run all summer. been swinging a hammer err nailgun I mean around Dgo for 40 yrs so Have a clue as to the good and the not so good.and will try to share any advice good luck as the housing inventory is way Low. looking forward to a busy year.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
jake breaking is not legal and posted but it is downhill coming in from the north so expect it brakes are still hot from the mountain why abuse them more. Coal dust is worst right along the tracks as it is heavy most of Dgo has no or little problem. They use pellets in the roundhouse all nite now,as the engines cannot be turned off like a truck so they run all summer. been swinging a hammer err nailgun I mean around Dgo for 40 yrs so Have a clue as to the good and the not so good.and will try to share any advice good luck as the housing inventory is way Low. looking forward to a busy year.
Thanks again!

Old 02-08-2015, 09:41 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,946,466 times
I lived at 525 Animas View Drive for 15 months. Unless you're directly on Animas View, you won't even see the trailer park. Animas View Drive is about 1.5 miles long, the trailer park only occupies a few hundred yards of it on the river side. If you're up high enough, you'll have great views across the river valley, we did. 550 Does get loud during rush hours but otherwise, it's really not too bad. In the 15 months I lived there, there was very little issue with jake braking. Coming down from the north, that section of US550 actually climbs a bit so its mostly open throttle engine noise from trucks.... not braking. After a while, you don't even notice it. It will be mostly renters for sure...... just the nature of the beast for that section of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: