Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2015, 10:29 PM

4 posts, read 3,101 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody,

I am a 21 year old male living in Arizona. I have another year left in school and I am pursuing a degree in Accounting. After I graduate I want to go to graduate school, and I have always wanted to move to Colorado- even if it's for a short while. Out of state tuition is a killer, so I am thinking that I might move to Colorado after I graduate and wait to enroll in school so I can establish CO residency. I love the little mountain towns but I also really like Downtown Denver. What do you think is a smart move for someone like myself who is looking to be smart, but also wanting to a have an awesome life experience? I was thinking about trying to find a job in a hotel? How realistic is this? What is the best way to find a job and meet people my age wherever I end up?

Any advice is much appreciated, thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 10:37 AM

572 posts, read 551,957 times
good luck to you in your endeavours...

entry level accounting jobs can be had in Denver, why go hospitality industry when you have a degree?
I would try to stick around Denver, rather than the mountain towns... from a career standpoint...

they are easier to visit, than live in full time - from my understanding -- unless you can score a 100% telecomute position

Old 06-08-2015, 10:53 AM

4 posts, read 3,101 times
Thanks for your reply! Do you have any advice on a good, safe neighborhood in Denver? I will be on a relatively tight budget. Being within walking distance of coffee shops and restaurants would be great, and so would being around people my age, maybe other grad students?

Old 06-08-2015, 11:43 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times
Post in the Denver forum for better replies on Denver. Be sure to be specific in what you are looking for and your price range.

Old 06-08-2015, 12:10 PM

8,489 posts, read 8,771,754 times
Front-line Hotel accounting processing jobs are usually pretty plentiful (some to many at night). If working for an accounting firm or other company doesn't happen or isn't sought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: