Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 08:30 AM

31 posts, read 52,704 times

Advertisements

Hello peopl my name is Anthony and I was born and raised in Miami fl. I am 31 years old with 2 kids son that's 7 and a daughter that's 4 and of course my wife.. I'm in the Heavy Equipment trade so I know how to operate various equipment.

Any how I am looking to relocate my family to the central Colorado FairPlay cripplecreek area or so we've been making trips every chance we get and we really love it out there.. Yes I love the ocean I fish a lot but that pretty much all there is to do down here. I love the out doors and we do not have that down here. I want to move somewhere where we can enjoy the outdoors with and it doesn't cost us anything to enjoy Mother Nature.

Since I left high school I've seen Miami changed a lot I live out in the Redlands witch is the country side of Miami and its no even that anymore there's so much people every where now that you have to wait and make the line at all most every stop sign. They keep taking every piece of land and cruching as many houses as they can HELLO WE DONT FIT down here anymore!! All the big ACRE Property's have big FOR SALE signs on them so I don't even want to see what this place is going to look like in 10 years. I have all my family down here mother exc. Of course she doesn't want me to go.

I want the change of seasons not this always hot and humid place anymore I want better schools and future for my kids.. YES I understand that's life and that we're growing but I can either sit here and deal with it or do something about it.. Am I making the wrong move?

Last edited by Mike from back east; 10-19-2015 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: Spacing - readability
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 08:54 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Does your entire family (wife and kids) want the outdoors or just you?

It's going to be a major shock and you need everyone to be onboard, even one kink could make this all go wrong.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:25 AM

3,127 posts, read 5,053,725 times
I don't really see how you will find work in central CO. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't see heavy equipment operation being a field that would be clamoring for more workers in that area. Any work that comes up would likely go to locals with family and friend connections.

The front range has alot of building going on so you could likely find work but unless your wife has a high paying job you will always be struggling financially. Cost of living on the front range is pretty high.

Since you asked for opinions, I would say that you are making a mistake.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:44 AM

17,711 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Ant4sho,

Please
Please visit and spend at least a week in greater Fairplay before making any rash decisions.
Fairplay is a tiny town of 679 people in the middle of nowhere.

,dave

Old 10-19-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Does your entire family (wife and kids) want the outdoors or just you?

It's going to be a major shock and you need everyone to be onboard, even one kink could make this all go wrong.
Yes my wife is up for the move. I know it won't be easy but we're really cool peoples we get along with everybody I am just looking for a better place for me and my family. I know FairPlay is small but anywhere around the area is what i am looking for I want to be able to just get on my four wheeler and enjoy Mother Nature with out the hassle. My kids love the outdoors, I know finding work around that area won't be easy

Old 10-19-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
I don't really see how you will find work in central CO. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't see heavy equipment operation being a field that would be clamoring for more workers in that area. Any work that comes up would likely go to locals with family and friend connections.

The front range has alot of building going on so you could likely find work but unless your wife has a high paying job you will always be struggling financially. Cost of living on the front range is pretty high.

Since you asked for opinions, I would say that you are making a mistake.
I am a heavy equipment operator with many years of experience and a positive attitude I have really good common sense I don't think I'll have to much trouble I would say

Old 10-19-2015, 10:08 AM

I'm also a diesel mechanic but I would like to continue my career in the heavy equipment industry

Old 10-19-2015, 10:10 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,186,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant4sho View Post
I am a heavy equipment operator with many years of experience and a positive attitude I have really good common sense I don't think I'll have to much trouble I would say
I think the point the poster is trying to make is for whom do you expect to work? There are very limited opportunities in that area. Limited industry, limited construction, thus limited demand for jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Ant4sho,

Please
Please visit and spend at least a week in greater Fairplay before making any rash decisions.
Fairplay is a tiny town of 679 people in the middle of nowhere.

,dave
As someone who owns a home in the Fairplay area, I am going to have to agree with dave here. I can't even imagine considering a move from Miami to an area like Fairplay to live full time.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
I think the point the poster is trying to make is for whom do you expect to work? There are very limited opportunities in that area. Limited industry, limited construction, thus limited demand for jobs.

As someone who owns a home in the Fairplay area, I am going to have to agree with dave here. I can't even imagine considering a move from Miami to an area like Fairplay to live full time.
Doesn't exactly have to be FairPlay i like cripplecreek Divide Guffy and of those area I just don't want to be in the city

Old 10-19-2015, 10:16 AM

I wouldn't mind having to drive a bit for work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado