Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Apartments for rent in Colorado: Breckenridge, long term rental, landlord, Aspen, housing.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:15 PM

11,557 posts, read 53,398,210 times

Advertisements

Well, well ... seashell74 ....

You can "prove" any false premise you desire about income and resort area living.

What you've missed by misleading this whole thread on resort area living is two main points: (1) most property owners in Breck aren't independently "wealthy", but hard-working middle class folks, and (2) there's a lot of people willing to work as hard as needed to afford their dream of living in the resort areas, doing whatever it takes to get established financially to stay there; they don't depend upon demanding others face insolvency to their benefit.

That's a far cry from your false premise of wanting to move there on government assistance which places the taxpaying homeowner at a financial loss. Trying to "bait" an adverse response here to government subsidized folks merely masks the real problem ... the economics don't work for the people who have invested so much of their honest work effort to achieve.

We need look no further than Berkeley or San Francisco to tell us all about how the "working class" is suffering from "economic disparity" to finding affordable housing. That's got to be a prime USA example of property values forcing out the working class .... or is that too uncomfortably close to home for you?

Phony "studies" based upon a false premise with disingenuous questions yield no contribution to knowledge. I wish you luck with your career ... you'll need it, since it's apparent you're already on the path to professional fraud or being an "educator".

Oh, and for what it's worth ... if you're going to use my input for your "thesis", at least have the honesty to give appropriate credit to me for your "work product".

Last edited by sunsprit; 02-02-2008 at 09:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 10:20 PM

5 posts, read 6,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
Well, well ... seashell74 ....

You can "prove" any false premise you desire about income and resort area living.

What you've missed by misleading this whole thread on resort area living is two main points: (1) most property owners in Breck aren't independently "wealthy", but hard-working middle class folks, and (2) there's a lot of people willing to work as hard as needed to afford their dream of living in the resort areas, doing whatever it takes to get established financially to stay there; they don't depend upon demanding others face insolvency to their benefit.

That's a far cry from your false premise of wanting to move there on government assistance which places the taxpaying homeowner at a financial loss. Trying to "bait" an adverse response here to government subsidized folks merely masks the real problem ... the economics don't work for the people who have invested so much of their honest work effort to achieve.

We need look no further than Berkeley or San Francisco to tell us all about how the "working class" is suffering from "economic disparity" to finding affordable housing. That's got to be a prime USA example of property values forcing out the working class .... or is that too uncomfortably close to home for you?

Phony "studies" based upon a false premise with disingenuous questions yield no contribution to knowledge. I wish you luck with your career ... you'll need it, since it's apparent you're already on the path to professional fraud or being an "educator".

Oh, and for what it's worth ... if you're going to use my input for your "thesis", at least have the honesty to give appropriate credit to me for your "work product".
No, your right and I am actually a pathological liar.

Just ask Fuzz.

No thesis, no college, no hope.

I'm currently not attending college, nor am I a Psyche major, though I have had many a visit with a Psychiatrist.

I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night either!

My real research actually involves a desire for any decent-paying job or preferably, a long-term career with the natural beauty of an area that truly appeals to me. I am thankful for the assistance I have been given but, truly wish to become self-sustaining and completely independent and financially secure on my own and as soon as possible.

Not necessarily in Colorado, but somewhere scenic, nice and relatively safe.
Safe from crime and safe from rampaging and destructive wildlife that seek shelter under my home and succeed at driving me insane!
Raccoons are very destructive and very smart, unlike me.
I apologize for inciting such a misleading and presumptuous opinion of your advice and any violation of the TOS here.

It's all research though, just personal.

Again, I apologize and truly hope you understand my frustration with the current economy and my feelings of despair with finding job security in a wonderful location to boot.

I just wish there was more affordable housing available in certain areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado