Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 12:55 AM

38 posts, read 97,873 times

Advertisements

You really know a lot about Pueblo. I know this might sound weird, but would you be willing to contact me and give me info about Pueblo over the phone? [mod cut] I would really love to talk with you and get a feel of the community. Thanks.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 08-17-2008 at 10:55 PM.. Reason: no phone numbers please, send a DM instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 09:41 AM

18,602 posts, read 33,168,447 times
Just a reminder to the OP, if she goes to community college for an RN, it's only two years. Maybe it's not worth it to buy a house for a relatively short stay.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:19 AM

17,874 posts, read 27,262,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Just a reminder to the OP,
You do realize that the OP posted back in December of 06', right? I haven't seen Jamn post in here for over a year.

To Pastor: I'd rather stick to DM for personal stuff for uninoninanonymity purposes. But there maybe some questions you have that are appropriate for all of us to see here. If it's a question about Christianity, then please DM me. We wouldn't want to see you get crucified.

If you have any questions that I can't answer, I'll fess up to it and try to find answers from others that can.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:25 PM

21 posts, read 93,908 times
Default Dog, you kill me....LOLOLOL

I will be traveling to Pueblo Tues 8/20/08 for the first time to get married. I plan on making the actual move Oct. 1 from Greenwood, Mo "bedroom community of KCMO" to live off my husband to be's earnings for as long as his job lasts at the Comanche power house being built east of town.

I'm 50, have recently lost my job of 8 yrs., have never been married before and am moving to Pueblo. Yikes!!!! Talk about stress levels. I found City-Data just today while searching for ANY info I could find about Pueblo. What a treat to have found this place and you McGowdog. You ARE the "Ambassador of Pueblo" and have enjoyed reading all your threads. So glad to know that most people have a sense of humor there and a Insane Asylum "other McGowDog post" as I will need both to get through the next couple months.

I am truely looking forward to Pueblo with all it's bumps and bruises as well as it's "desert, prairie, river, reservoir, mountain, historic whatever landscape. If you ask me, who would put down an area with "desert, prairie, river, reservoir, mountain, historic whatever landscape"? Sounds like you have it all! And over 300 days of sunshine to boot! Why do all these Puebloeans *itch so much? I dunno....

My fiance is a traveling pipefiter who is working at the power house until he's off to his next big adventure somewhere else in the states. I will be going with him on his travels. He lives in "The Pueblo Apartments" in what looks like southwest Pueblo. I can hang with apartment life for now but am wondering what this area is like, Oneal and Pueblo Blvd? Any help would be appreciated.

Keep up the pics and the funny good work Dog. Now if only PasterBill was there to marry me. Looks like a good ol fashon Mayberry shotgun weddin is in order at the historic City Hall eh?

Old 08-17-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernesttbass View Post
I will be traveling to Pueblo Tues 8/20/08 for the first time to get married. I plan on making the actual move Oct. 1 from Greenwood, Mo "bedroom community of KCMO" to live off my husband to be's earnings for as long as his job lasts at the Comanche power house being built east of town.

I'm 50, have recently lost my job of 8 yrs., have never been married before and am moving to Pueblo. Yikes!!!! Talk about stress levels. I found City-Data just today while searching for ANY info I could find about Pueblo...
Welcome to City-Data and to Pueblo Colorado!

Quote:
What a treat to have found this place and you McGowdog. You ARE the "Ambassador of Pueblo" and have enjoyed reading all your threads. So glad to know that most people have a sense of humor there and a Insane Asylum "other McGowDog post" as I will need both to get through the next couple months.
I so agree. Just kidding! Why do they put bars on the windows at the Colorado State Hospital? To keep the squirrels away from the nuts.

Quote:
And over 300 days of sunshine to boot! Why do all these Puebloeans *itch so much? I dunno....
Well, some would argue that 300 days. Maybe 250+ We've been having rain the last 3 days and that's ok with me too.

Quote:
He lives in "The Pueblo Apartments" in what looks like southwest Pueblo. I can hang with apartment life for now but am wondering what this area is like, Oneal and Pueblo Blvd? Any help would be appreciated.

Keep up the pics and the funny good work Dog. Now if only PasterBill was there to marry me. Looks like a good ol fashon Mayberry shotgun weddin is in order at the historic City Hall eh?
Well, I think I'd like the apts way north on Pueblo Blvd near Spaulding or 24?? Those aps down there might be ok, but some of the tennants might be a bit rough. From what I hear. Some nice homes not far from there though in the El Camino area. My wife lived near Hollywood and Northern in a duplex by South HS before we got the house built in P-Dub and got married.

Good luck with this and thanks for checkin' my pics and food recommendations out. Hope you make the best of it. It's a neat off-the-beaten-path little town.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:23 AM

Default Thanks for the Welcome McGowdog!

I can't say much for my fiance's taste in apartments. He didn't know anything about Pueblo before he traveled there and went to work. He followed some other guys from the job site and moved into The Pueblos.

All I know is that they are CHEAP, clean and have a pool. I checked out Craig's list apartment and home page and just couldn't believe the price of rent. Talk about affordable. Large apartments in historic homes with all amenities for under 600.00. Amazing.

I look forward to your reviews and advise if I can be so forward while I'm in Pueblo. I feel so much better knowing that these pages are out there cuz I must admit, I'm a little sceeered about this whole thing. I'm not as brave as I used to be. Maybe just older but not much wiser..LOL

Also, do I have to start liking the Bronco's cuz I'm afraid that just won't happen anytime soon. I'm a KC girl at heart and we all know what THAT means. GOOOOOOOOOO CHIEFSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! ROFPMP!

Old 08-18-2008, 11:34 AM

I work with a Chokeland Faider fan and a KC Chef fan. All I can say is that none of us were too happy last year.

Kendra was probably pretty happy last year. I wonder if this pic will fly here.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:42 PM

At least we agree on one thing.... We both are Raider Haters.....

Old 08-18-2008, 06:21 PM

I don't know that I hate them so much. They've been sucking too much for me to hate. I just don't think they're that good. May their record this season prove me wrong.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,456 times
I'm from Pueblo Colorado born and raised. It is a very ghetto town depending on the place you are living. I am from w16th street off of baxter. Its full of hispanics. If you dont like that kind of life style this is not the place for you. Personally I love it. Its Where I'm from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado