Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2017, 11:01 AM

7 posts, read 7,476 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am contemplating on moving to Colorado, but there are a few concerns such as the weather and the cost. I checked out Sperlings, but I wanted people's perspectives in conjunction with statistics. Is there a way to move to Colorado cheaply (other than an RV)? And, where should I move in Colorado? I have heard people suggest Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. I prefer to be in an area in or near nature because I prefer a quiet atmosphere over the city lifestyle, but close to a gym/health club, parks, health food stores (Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Co Ops, etc). (I have no children). Any suggestions/ideas you may have would be helpful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 11:30 AM

17,711 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Default Dream On

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedtraveler View Post
prefer to be in an area in or near nature because I prefer a quiet atmosphere over the city lifestyle, but close to a gym/health club, parks, health food stores (Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Co Ops, etc)
The only place that I know of is outside Boulder and you will need a lot of money for a house. Over $1M.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:52 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Everything you want is found in COLO SPGS at far more affordable prices than Boulder or the Denver area.

Use realtor.com or zillow to check house prices. Look in my favorite zip code, 80920.

Since you failed to quote a budget, we can't offer much advice.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:14 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,390,777 times
Colorado is a very large place with a broad range of living expenses, so we might need to narrow it down a bit more to really help out.

With health club, parks, health food stores, trader Joes, Whole Foods, you will be more limited to the predominately larger cities along the Front Range area. I see you have posted some in forums in the northeast US. Population density in Colorado is significantly different than a lot of those areas and those types of amenities are typically only found in resort towns or in cities. We lack large numbers of quaint satellite towns within 30 minute drives of larger city centers to allow you to live someplace very quiet, in the near proximity of nature, but also be a short drive to city features. So a better definition of what constitutes near nature and in a quiet area will also help us help you.

Along with that might also be a description or idea of what you consider nature. Colorado is a very arid state and nature here can appear quite a bit different than the way many advertisements make it appear. Lush is not typically used to describe our area. Also, while the Rockies are quite grand, there are still vast expanses of space between the mountain ranges of flat parks full of grasses blowing in the wind.

Employment prospects, unless you are bringing a job with you, may also drive location as well. Again, the density means that most employment is found in the areas around the major metros. So there is another factor.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:24 PM

8,498 posts, read 8,790,853 times
How close to those stores?

Manitou Springs might give you the mix you want.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:31 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedtraveler View Post
Hi All,

I am contemplating on moving to Colorado, but there are a few concerns such as the weather and the cost. I checked out Sperlings, but I wanted people's perspectives in conjunction with statistics. Is there a way to move to Colorado cheaply (other than an RV)? And, where should I move in Colorado? I have heard people suggest Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. I prefer to be in an area in or near nature because I prefer a quiet atmosphere over the city lifestyle, but close to a gym/health club, parks, health food stores (Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Co Ops, etc). (I have no children). Any suggestions/ideas you may have would be helpful!
Sounds like California to me.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:37 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,946,364 times
OP, we need a bit more info to help you:

How much do you want to spend on housing?

What do you intend to do for income?

Are you willing to drive 15-30 mins for the amenities you desire?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado