Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 03:24 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I wonder how driverless cars will impact this.
Eh they may ease congestion I would prefer rail however I despise cars and driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 03:37 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,454,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Eh they may ease congestion I would prefer rail however I despise cars and driving.
I do think a front range hyperloop would be a huge boost.

Old 11-09-2017, 12:47 PM

461 posts, read 545,749 times
Quote:
They are two completely different cities but if you look at the distance its only a matter of time till they grow together. In fact Pueblo Springs would of gone a lot way to do that but it is on hold but at some point it will be developed rather its 10 or 100 years. So rather you call it a metro or CSA my point is in time the 4 county region will be one large one and that will be the only way we will be on par with the 5 county Denver area.
On par? Unlikely. Economically? Culturally? Tourism? I'm not impressed by Denver, but Colorado is a one horse town.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:01 PM

1,943 posts, read 2,294,782 times
crazy no

Old 11-09-2017, 03:55 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,454,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbeliever View Post
On par? Unlikely. Economically? Culturally? Tourism? I'm not impressed by Denver, but Colorado is a one horse town.
Not sure how you define one horse town?

Old 11-09-2017, 04:23 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,286 times
Quote:
Not sure how you define one horse town?
A town with one stall

Old 11-09-2017, 07:21 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,025,674 times
Amazing how everyone thinks Colorado is Denver and the front range.Colorado is a big state with many different geographical areas that are all different .I live in the San Juan Mountains in SW Co and we refer to Denver as Kansas with a CO zip code.So there.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:51 AM

977 posts, read 1,327,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Amazing how everyone thinks Colorado is Denver and the front range.Colorado is a big state with many different geographical areas that are all different .I live in the San Juan Mountains in SW Co and we refer to Denver as Kansas with a CO zip code.So there.
But the 12 of you down there in New Mexico are kind of outweighed by the 4.25 million here along the Front Range.

Old 11-10-2017, 11:28 AM

977 posts, read 1,327,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyoung View Post
I think there may be some misinformation there. If El Paso county is somewhere at the one million mark, Colorado Springs will be around 650-655k (assuming that Colorado Springs continues to make up 65% of the population), which as stated earlier is below current population. El Paso county can overtake Denver county, but no city proper. I also don't think that Denver geographic boundary is a limiting factor for population growth in the near future, as they have already shown a willingness to build up, and not just in the immediate core of downtown. Several cities have smaller areas with greater population than Denver.
The Gazette is indeed erroneous in their article. The State Demography Office forecasts that El Paso County will be larger than Denver County by 2050, the change is forecasted to happen in the early 2030's and El Paso will be the largest county after that.

What the forecasts do not look at is city size. Why? Because the State Demography Office does not do population forecasts for municipalities, only for the state, region (MSA level), and county level. So unless Colorado Springs gobbles up all of El Paso County into it's borders, Colorado Springs will still be second to Denver.

One possibility is that Aurora does surpass Colorado Springs as the 2nd largest city and perhaps Denver as well.

Old 11-10-2017, 02:56 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
....One possibility is that Aurora does surpass Colorado Springs as the 2nd largest city and perhaps Denver as well.
If Amazon puts it HQ-2 out in or near east Aurora then Aurora could well dwarf COLO SPGS.... in 20 years...
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado