Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2017, 12:48 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,631 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone! My husband and I currently live in Denver. My husband just got offered a great sounding job in Glenwood Springs. We've been out there for vacation before but never looked at the area through thr lens of a town to live in. We are looking at living in New Castle actually because of the price. We are excited but nervous. Does anyone have any locals insight into Glenwood or New Castle? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 06:29 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,055,938 times
Glenwood has more going on then New Castle, but both are good places to live. Take a drive out and explore the areas, you are the only ones who can really decide if one area is better than the other for you.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:07 AM

Thanks! We have explored both and we like the affordability of New Castle. I think I am just apprehensive about moving away from Denver in general. I worry that we will feel isolated, not make new friends or generally regret our decision. I am not seeing any jobs in my field so I may have to give up my career and wait tables or something but Im hoping it will all be worth it. I am in my early thirties and he is in his early 40s. Its a big change becausr we've lived in Denver our whole lives.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:10 AM

Sorry guess Im looking for reassurance people cant give because they dont know us. I guess Im also looking for someone to tell me what it is like living in Glenwood/New Castle from firsthand experience. Pros cons etc

Old 11-22-2017, 03:31 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,662,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
Sorry guess Im looking for reassurance people cant give because they dont know us. I guess Im also looking for someone to tell me what it is like living in Glenwood/New Castle from firsthand experience. Pros cons etc
There are maybe one or two posters here who may be able to answer your questions. Give them a chance to respond as it is the holiday season. Also, if you do a forum search, you may find some older (but still viable) posts about living in both Glenwood and New Castle.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:28 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,055,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
Thanks! We have explored both and we like the affordability of New Castle. I think I am just apprehensive about moving away from Denver in general. I worry that we will feel isolated, not make new friends or generally regret our decision. I am not seeing any jobs in my field so I may have to give up my career and wait tables or something but Im hoping it will all be worth it. I am in my early thirties and he is in his early 40s. Its a big change becausr we've lived in Denver our whole lives.

It's hard to give you details with the limited information you've given. What do you like to do, what are your hobbies, kids, dogs... What type of job are you looking for?

In general people can be pretty friendly in the area, I spent almost 2 hours one day at Lowes getting into unintended conversations with random people. It's not hard to make friends, just be open to new things. It will be a big change from Denver, it will probably feel isolated compared to there but it can be a great place if you want it to be.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:07 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,694 posts, read 58,004,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
It's hard to give you details with the limited information you've given. What do you like to do, what are your hobbies, kids, dogs... What type of job are you looking for?

In general people can be pretty friendly in the area, ... It's not hard to make friends, just be open to new things. It will be a big change from Denver, ...it can be a great place if you want it to be.
Yes, a very BIG positive change from Denver, give it a good try, never ever mention you are from Denver, or "This is how we did it in Denver"

New opportunities, new Friends, a new perspective on life and community
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado