Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 08:07 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times

Advertisements

Basically a "curiosity" question, since we've seen very few Colorado plates here and met only a few people who moved here from Colorado or The Front Range.

We, wife and I, are making plans on leaving here, "here" meaning northeastern Florida/aka Jacksonville, next year with a highly possible move BACK to The Front Range. Lived in both south Englewood and in Parker for total of 5 1/2 years (mid 2002 thru Oct 2007). Done many, many things while living there and miss every one of them, because none of those things are here. Looking at moving to Loveland in mid 2019, but will be visiting there this summer first. Both of us will be retired and in early 70's.

Actually, I asked this same question about here where we live, and in Florida in general, in the Florida forum and nobody replied that they moved from Florida to anywhere in Colorado or any states around Colorado.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 08:09 AM

8,605 posts, read 14,891,340 times
IIRC the Denver Post and Channel 9 both did stories on this last year, and I believe the top two states for people leaving Colorado are Iowa and Illinois.

Edit: Actually it's the other way around with Illinois.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:19 AM

How about those that want to leave "Old Man Winter"? They head to Phoenix?

Old 01-24-2018, 08:29 AM

8,605 posts, read 14,891,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
How about those that want to leave "Old Man Winter"? They head to Phoenix?
I'd have to find the data, but it wouldn't surprise me if places like Phoenix and DFW are up there.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:43 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,813,671 times
Washington state especially Seattle. Mike from back East is a trend setter, like him many people I personally know are moving to Phoenix ...Scottsdale, Chandler ect.
If I wasn't caretaking again for my father I would be back in Laguna Beach.

However, the majority of people I know are staying right here in the Denver area without any plans on leaving. The notion of some mass Exodus happening now or coming soon Imo is overplayed, people tend to love living in Colorado and are even sacrificing alot to live here.

Last edited by Scott5280; 01-24-2018 at 08:57 AM..

Old 01-24-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Washington state especially Seattle. Mike from back East is a trend setter, like him many people I personally know are moving to Phoenix ...Scottsdale, Chandler ect.
If I wasn't caretaking again for my father I would be back in Laguna Beach.

However, the majority of people I know are staying right here in the Denver area without any plans on leaving. The notion of some mass Exodus happening now or coming soon Imo is overplayed, people tend to love living in Colorado and are even sacrificing alot to live here.
Laguna Beach, VERY nice area, but expensive, right? Wife and I use to live in Orange County.

I think your second paragraph is completely right, even for those with no experience living in snow at all.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:38 AM

8,497 posts, read 8,787,669 times
State to state migration table https://www.census.gov/data/tables/t...migration.html

80-90% of CO population lives on front range so the state level data should suffice.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:14 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,389,750 times
Holy cow, that table is freaking painful to look at.

Denver Post summarized it much more easily; https://www.denverpost.com/2016/04/1...y-other-state/

Net in migration is from California, Texas, Florida, Illinois, Arizona.

Net out migration is Texas, California, Florida, Arizona, Washington.

No doubt age demographics are a big part of both in and out movement as is disillusionment of transplants from all those states returning back to where they came.

Most in state migration is to escape the expense of the Denver metro, either by moving further away along the Front Range corridor or moving to the western slope. Biggest source of in-migration for western slope towns is the Front Range.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:37 AM

80 posts, read 94,574 times
I moved to Coeur D Alene, Idaho, in September 2016 after spending 24 years in CO. The front range, and most of the state for that matter, became too crowded and too expensive. If the OP moves to Loveland be forewarned that traffic on I25 is a nightmare and with the population growth traveling to Denver for anything will be a nightmare.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy15 View Post
I moved to Coeur D Alene, Idaho, in September 2016 after spending 24 years in CO. The front range, and most of the state for that matter, became too crowded and too expensive. If the OP moves to Loveland be forewarned that traffic on I25 is a nightmare and with the population growth traveling to Denver for anything will be a nightmare.
Since we will be retired when we get there (Loveland), if indeed we do move there, we will have no need to drive to Denver for anything, well, except for the National Western Stock Show & Rodeo in January's.

Anyhow, you don't know what the traffic here can be like.......a nightmare as well. Wife is lucky, she only drive 7 miles to work (door step-to-door step). She goes south on I-95, while most worker are heading north into Jacksonville area.

We already know that the population of Loveland is somewhat high, but nothing like here. People here look mainly at the nice wage they get, not the traffic and/or crime problems here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado