Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2006, 11:54 AM

48 posts, read 197,507 times

Advertisements

We have a son in Co Springs and we would like to move to Co within a couple of years - but where. Besides Co Springs we are considering Ft Collins, Peublo, Grand Junction/Montross or possibly a mountain interior town like Gunnison. We are also considering Cheyenne, Wy and Greely.
Tulsa, where we live, is very economical in regards to housing - I think the rest of the living expenses would be roughly the same. I am a credit manager (commercial credit) and would like to find a job in the same area or work for a non-profit, or possible own a sm business. I also teach part time as an adjunct at a local private college (would love doing this full time). Our biggest concerns are finding a job and finding affordable housing.
If possible, please give me some plus/minuses of the cities mentioned. You may mention another city that we haven't considered. We are in our very early 50s. We love the Co Mtns - the cold won't bother us as we grew up in S. D.
Thanks for your insight. It is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2006, 12:04 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
If you can afford it and want to be in actual civilization, then FT Collins to Colorado Springs (including Greeley) would be a good consideration.

Tulsa is probably much more affordable than these places as I think these places are just a little too proud of themselves as they have endured a recent boom from the east coast, Texas, and California.

If you're tired of the traffic and want to try something different and want to take a risk, try Pueblo. If you have something to offer, as it seems you do, you just might land a nice job in this town and might find your dream job at PCC. I've heard some complaints about it, but maybe it's because you are not there.

That's just my two cents for now.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:15 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Default Tulsa Guy....

....welcome to city-data, hope we are able to help....

Tons of Pro's and Con's about Colorado cities are already here in the thousands of postings that are available.

I suggest using the Search this Forum tool with keywords like Ft Collins or Pueblo or Grand Junction or Montross or Gunnison or crime or teaching or whatever you need. You'll probably find immediate help that way. A few private colleges have been mentioned, but you'd be better off googling those for a list of them to see where they're located.

I favor Colorado Springs (COS) for many reasons. I'd suggest starting your search here, near your son. Colorado College is here, a private college with a fine reputation and I've heard that some students spend $40k/year to attend, a number that blows my mind. We have all sorts of neighborhood environments here, from flat on the plains to mountainous areas like Woodland Park and Divide, all within a reasonable drive of central COS. In the downtown are charming old craftsman style homes in a walkabout setting near the college, etc. The city is growing and should be business opps here for most goods/services.

s/Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado