Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 02:26 AM

18 posts, read 26,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
People actually move because of politics?
Yup, lawmakers do create laws that happen to affect it's citizens. So many bogus laws and regulations here in California. Also, because defying Trump is mandatory here in California, it's not helpful when the state refuses to work with the federal government. We have some of the highest homelessness in the country. I can't even go down Orange County (wealthy neighborhood) without seeing hundreds (I'm not exaggerating) of tents pitched up along the freeway and against pretty expensive looking apartment buildings. There was a huge complaint about this recently... poor guys are paying $2500 a month for rent to walk outside and be greeted by dozens of homeless people socializing around there tents. Hmm... guess social welfare has become more of a burden than is helping at this point. California is going bankrupt, we can't even afford to pay back bonds from 30 years ago! So now Jerry Brown is trying to start a new project and get more people to buy bonds so they can start paying back guys that bought it 30 years ago. It's not even adjusted well enough for inflation. If you bought a bond 30 years ago, you lost money....

So yes, it's important
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 07:10 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,546,884 times
I said it in your other thread.....Boise.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:13 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,546,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
sad... Does not look good for the Ag / forest / recreation centric counties in Colorado (and the majority of the remaining part of the state you might want to PROTECT!) nor for anyone living WEST of Boulder County.
When the liberal Front Range gets the say on environmental protect, the rest of the state is in good shape......But you’re not talking about environmental protection, are you?

Old 05-23-2018, 08:23 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,194,286 times
Seems like a lot of the ads now for Governor are looking more and more like California too-

Cary Kennedy: Showing pictures of Trump and saying how great it is to be off of Twitter when you are in the great outdoors. (typical Trump bashing).

Jared Polis- Promising FREE child care (a.k.a. pre-K-Kindergarten) to all- of course no mention of the cost (!).

As a childless couple we sure would like to know how much we will pay for this utopian dream.

When people choose to have kids do they NOT think of the costs associated with raising them?

Old 05-23-2018, 08:38 AM

1,013 posts, read 976,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
People actually move because of politics?
Is that a serious question?

As it has been pointed out, politicians, not the people, make the laws, and then you have to live under those laws.

California has a 13% state income tax, a 7-8% sales tax and what, about a dollar a gallon gas tax. Not to mention the sanctuary state, the required solar on all houses, universal free health care, illegal alien voting etc.

Old 05-23-2018, 08:40 AM

1,013 posts, read 976,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I said it in your other thread.....Boise.
So, Boise would probably be on my short list, but it is small right? Does it have everything you would need I.e shopping and specialized medical care?

Old 05-23-2018, 08:46 AM

3,066 posts, read 1,678,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
So, Boise would probably be on my short list, but it is small right? Does it have everything you would need I.e shopping and specialized medical care?
I know nothing about "specialized" medical care in Boise, but one thing I definitely noticed is that there are LOTS of health care centers there. I couldn't believe it. If there's nothing specifically you need, it would definitely be worth checking into.

Also - and this may be important to some people - is that Boise has a MUCH lower presence of homeless than a lot of other cities.

Old 05-23-2018, 08:56 AM

977 posts, read 1,327,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS79 View Post
Seems like a lot of the ads now for Governor are looking more and more like California too-

Cary Kennedy: Showing pictures of Trump and saying how great it is to be off of Twitter when you are in the great outdoors. (typical Trump bashing).

Jared Polis- Promising FREE child care (a.k.a. pre-K-Kindergarten) to all- of course no mention of the cost (!).

As a childless couple we sure would like to know how much we will pay for this utopian dream.

When people choose to have kids do they NOT think of the costs associated with raising them?
Hey, we've got free tidbits on both sides. Walker Stapleton is promising to fix all of the roads in Colorado by bonding and the residents won't have to pay a single cent!

Because god forbid a GOP candidate come out in favor of a tax raise in CO- that would require not worshiping at the altar of TABOR.

Old 05-23-2018, 09:05 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,194,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Hey, we've got free tidbits on both sides. Walker Stapleton is promising to fix all of the roads in Colorado by bonding and the residents won't have to pay a single cent!

Because god forbid a GOP candidate come out in favor of a tax raise in CO- that would require not worshiping at the altar of TABOR.
You got that right- BOTH side make me sick.

Nothing changes.

Old 05-23-2018, 09:17 AM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Tad late.
Colorado was californicated in 1960’s

There is little difference today.

MT, WA, OR fell also. ID and WY have a small contingent of reasonable citizens, but there are CA influences in all the western states.

Consider moving overseas. (Or maybe ND or AK)
You might also consider Nebraska; it's a "24/7" environment, and when I lived in Omaha a number of "potentially remote" jobs were relocating there because both California and Colorado were infected with a "Where's the party?" mentality common to a disproportionately-young workforce. I found a permanent job, with full benefits, within a week after arriving with no local contacts. I can't think of a community with a stronger work ethic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado