Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 06:56 AM

277 posts, read 291,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
^^^

This, or maybe somewhere in Wyoming.

Most places on the Front Range are going to be too "progressive", or will be in a fairly short time IMO.
“Progressive “, as in “Progress”?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2018, 08:03 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peester View Post
Yes. The opposite of regressive like our current federal government.

Old 05-28-2018, 08:25 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
...and the political urban/rural divide keeps on growing from reading this thread. Conservatives won't be happy living in a blue state, but liberals are OK to flood a red state? This country is going to hell in a hand basket.

Old 05-28-2018, 08:38 AM

8,495 posts, read 8,783,634 times
I looked up some articles on CA "required solar on all homes". What I see is required solar on all NEW homes beginning in 2020. Expected to generate savings that will offset costs and help keep electric rates lower than otherwise.

I don't pay much attention to CA news but I prefer to get the full and accurate facts. If there are more facts, pass them on. I also see that the major state building associations didn't oppose the rules, praised some of the exceptions and that the rules aren't totally finalized yet. And that 15,000 new homes per year were adding solar voluntarily in the state already.

Doesn't sound that extreme or out of touch as it might sound on first contact. Most folks buying new homes are doing alright financially. And they still have 90 plus % of the houses in the existing home market if they don't want or can't afford to add solar package to mortgage payment.

There are some issues with this approach and it should be viewed within total energy policy but it is state experimentation not federal mandate. Over time other states will decide whether to follow, do differently, etc. That kind of federalism seems to work over time. It us interesting how many things that start in California, NY, Massachusetts and some other places eventually get adopted by many or most states later. Generally "don't have to" but they do. There are some federal mandates but a lot gets left to states. Critics from both sides on that but this is how we do it. Slow but flexible. 45 years after "the energy crisis" was declared have we done enough? Different views on that but maybe not.

Last edited by NW Crow; 05-28-2018 at 09:26 AM..

Old 05-29-2018, 11:51 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,052,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peester View Post

My comment was meant to indicate it will be too progressive for the OP, although I didn't write it that way.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:54 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
...and the political urban/rural divide keeps on growing from reading this thread. Conservatives won't be happy living in a blue state, but liberals are OK to flood a red state? This country is going to hell in a hand basket.
Not sure about the he’ll in a hand basket comment. Well actually it certainly does feel that way lately with all the regressive Trump policies, but I digress.....I was just commenting on how many conservatives I see posting threads about looking for conservative friendly places to live whereas I see relatively few coming from liberals. Why is that? Are conservatives that sensitive? Do they really need safe spaces more than they claim liberals do?

Old 05-29-2018, 02:14 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,388,318 times
I wouldn't say we are seeing more looking for conservative places vs looking for liberal places, however, I do see those looking for conservative places as placing it in a headlining role or bold print whereas a large percentage of liberal or progressive seekers include it with a laundry list of requirements or talk about being in like minded areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado