Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 11:44 PM

6,599 posts, read 9,153,142 times

Advertisements

I know one of them will end up as the winner of the race, but I feel turned off by all of the candidates, at least from the two major parties. If I have to say who I like the least, it's Jared Polis. Way too far left for my tastes and his campaign commercials are obnoxious leftist pie-in-the-sky garbage. I'm an unaffiliated voter, but I'm tempted to cast a vote for Kennedy in the Democratic primary just to do my part to take him out of the running.

For the record, I don't think unaffiliated voters should be allowed to vote in party primaries, and the above reason is a poor reason to cast a vote in a primary. But I may still do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 07:48 AM

6,800 posts, read 10,422,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I know one of them will end up as the winner of the race, but I feel turned off by all of the candidates, at least from the two major parties. If I have to say who I like the least, it's Jared Polis. Way too far left for my tastes and his campaign commercials are obnoxious leftist pie-in-the-sky garbage. I'm an unaffiliated voter, but I'm tempted to cast a vote for Kennedy in the Democratic primary just to do my part to take him out of the running.

For the record, I don't think unaffiliated voters should be allowed to vote in party primaries, and the above reason is a poor reason to cast a vote in a primary. But I may still do it.
I don't like his ads, but I can't stand Walker Stapleton's even more so, and I find "outsider businessman" Victor Mitchell's to be the most annoying of all. I honestly haven't seen many ads from outside those three.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:29 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,584,530 times
I was actually happy to vote for the candidates I chose. That isn't true every election.

And I am hoping that allowing the unaffiliated voters to vote will increase "turnout" regardless of the results.

Eagerly looking forward to next Tuesday.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:49 AM

2,174 posts, read 4,260,359 times
I just changed my affiliation to unaffiliated to have the option of picking which side I want to vote for in the primaries.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:38 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,341,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post

For real. And the LAST thing Colorado needs is a Governor from the People's Republic....

Old 06-25-2018, 01:14 PM

3,989 posts, read 2,666,060 times
Tangently related to the primary, given that his term-limitation is why we're having one: https://www.9news.com/article/news/p...r/73-567287012

Old 06-25-2018, 01:34 PM

3,743 posts, read 5,799,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
1. I think allowing non-members to vote in a party primary is asinine. If you want to play, join the party. Party membership is literally a few mouse clicks away.

2. I struggled to choose which ballot to exercise.
a. For me, vote Dimocrat and pick the best.
b. For me, vote GOPer and pick the one that the Dimocrat could most easily beat.

3. Strawberry is always a good choice.
Interesting to see someone that does the same as me. I am registered as a Dem and vote for worst candidate in the primary that can be beat. I then vote GOP in the general. :-)

BTW, I like strawberry, Dave. :-)

Old 06-25-2018, 02:45 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,147,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
1. I think allowing non-members to vote in a party primary is asinine. If you want to play, join the party. Party membership is literally a few mouse clicks away.
Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin do not require party registration. You get to make your decision of which ballot to take when you go to the primary.

https://ballotpedia.org/Voting_in_Illinois
"Illinois uses an open primary system. Voters do not have to register with a party, but they do have to choose, publicly, which party's ballot they will vote on at the primary election."

https://ballotpedia.org/Voting_in_Minnesota
"Minnesota utilizes an open primary system, in which registered voters do not have to be members of a party to vote in that party's primary."

https://votesmart.org/elections/vote...I#.WzFEgqdKiUk
"Party Affiliation: In Wisconsin, voters may choose which party’s ballot to vote, but this decision is private and does not register the voter with that party. This permits a voter to cast a vote across party lines for the primary election."

Old 06-25-2018, 04:09 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,177,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
For real. And the LAST thing Colorado needs is a Governor from the People's Republic....

Get ready since it (he) IS coming.

Hold on to your wallets!

Old 06-25-2018, 09:26 PM

5,314 posts, read 5,034,411 times
I had sort of a convoluted Democratic ballot.

I voted for:

Degette - she's establishment but I think she may have more influence than Rao. I like her moderate approach.

Johnston - Lynne was my first choice, but Johnston was a close second as he seemed very pragmatic and more electable. Polis annoyed me that he didn't asnwer debate questions and seemed to be too idealistic and spendfree.

Douthit - cause he knows finance

Salazar - cause him and the other guy

Rodruguez - he mixed the best parts of all the candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado