Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 07:09 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,384,150 times

Advertisements

Cuz we're a mash up of east and west coast drivers with pile of Texans and a smattering of mid-westerner and southerners thrown in for good measure. There is no consistent driving habit in CO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2018, 11:33 AM

304 posts, read 343,862 times
Because even if you're hit from behind and hit the vehicle in front of you, you are responsible for the damage for the vehicle you hit. It's best to leave a bit of space just in case. I've had it happen, and not hit the vehicle stopped in front of me. If you do hit the vehicle in front of you, you will be cited for stopping too close.

If you're that important that you can't spare a few extra minutes for safety, perhaps you should leave a bit early.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:49 AM

760 posts, read 882,399 times
THIS is really what you have to worry about?

Old 06-21-2018, 12:08 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,354,470 times
I was taught to leave enough space between my car and the car in front of my to allow me to see the bottom of the car's rear tires. It's not fool-proof, but generally that buffer zone is enough to prevent a minor rear collision from pushing my car into the one in front of me, too.

Old 06-21-2018, 02:46 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,690,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
Why do Colorado drivers leave 1 or more car lengths between them and the car in front of them at a red light? It's baffling and inconsiderate.
Don’t want to be pushed into the car in front of us when we (inevitably) get hit by the tailgaters behind us.

My car is currently in the body shop after someone ran into my back bumper while I was waiting at a stop sign.

So...

Old 06-21-2018, 03:18 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,837,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Don’t want to be pushed into the car in front of us when we (inevitably) get hit by the tailgaters behind us.

My car is currently in the body shop after someone ran into my back bumper while I was waiting at a stop sign.

So...

And so many of these type accidents these days involve people texting and talking on their damn cell phones. In my case (post#8) this happened in the mid 1970's. Heh, told ya it was in the dark ages!

Old 06-21-2018, 03:42 PM

1,711 posts, read 3,599,281 times
So I can go around the person in front of me when they are too busy on their phone to realize the light turned green 30 seconds ago.

Old 06-21-2018, 05:44 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,689,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Cuz we're a mash up of east and west coast drivers with pile of Texans and a smattering of mid-westerner and southerners thrown in for good measure. There is no consistent driving habit in CO.
Especially in the crazy boom times. People come here (and to other places) with no intention of stopping for peds legally in the crosswalks. They're especially bad in tourist areas, where you would think motorists would assume lots of people would be walking around. But I have actually had cars from two different (not CO) Western states speed up as if trying to scare me back to the sidewalk when I was already in the crosswalk. For some reason, it was MT RV drivers in the far PNW who did this--smack in the center of a downtown swarming with tourists on foot; and for some reason it's the TX drivers who do this in Durango. Observed over and over again in the latter. Probably weird coincidence in the former, but not so sure it is "just coincidence" in the latter.

Regardless coincidence or not, you can't rightfully blame rotten driven IN Colorado ON Coloradans. Many of the drivers are or just moved from somewhere else where horrible drivers prevail.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:04 PM

1,013 posts, read 976,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Especially in the crazy boom times. People come here (and to other places) with no intention of stopping for peds legally in the crosswalks. They're especially bad in tourist areas, where you would think motorists would assume lots of people would be walking around. But I have actually had cars from two different (not CO) Western states speed up as if trying to scare me back to the sidewalk when I was already in the crosswalk. For some reason, it was MT RV drivers in the far PNW who did this--smack in the center of a downtown swarming with tourists on foot; and for some reason it's the TX drivers who do this in Durango. Observed over and over again in the latter. Probably weird coincidence in the former, but not so sure it is "just coincidence" in the latter.

Regardless coincidence or not, you can't rightfully blame rotten driven IN Colorado ON Coloradans. Many of the drivers are or just moved from somewhere else where horrible drivers prevail.
You can usually tell who the out of staters are because nobody seems to change their plates to Colorado.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:09 AM

1,066 posts, read 764,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Because I can.
Because it drives you crazy.
Because it allows me accelerate at a certain desired pace.
Because I am an old fart and you kids need to get off my lawn.
I cannot give you a rep, you have too many from me I guess. This is hysterical, thanks for the laugh Dave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado