Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 01:50 PM

97 posts, read 383,266 times

Advertisements

Do a lot of people support Obama in Colorado? Do they generally dislike him? I know Colorado is more of a red state, which is going to be very different since I'm a New Yorker.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:59 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
I hear that Colorado has become more purple.

[edited]

Last edited by suzco; 04-05-2008 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 03-31-2008, 02:23 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,135,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHereWeCome View Post
Do a lot of people support Obama in Colorado? Do they generally dislike him? I know Colorado is more of a red state, which is going to be very different since I'm a New Yorker.
Results of the Democratic caucus show that Colorado Democrats are definitely Obama supporters.

2008 Colorado Democratic Caucus Results

Quote:
The Centennial State was a big win for Barack Obama, as he racked up big margins in urban areas and the western half of the state, reducing Hillary Clinton to the sparsely populated Southeastern quarter of the state.

Colorado_dem Obama won big in Denver/Boulder, Fort Collins, and Colorado Springs. But he also won the towns west of Denver along I-70 and the small towns in the Rocky Mount
The latest statistics show:
Unaffiliated Colo. voters gain on GOP : Elections : The Rocky Mountain News
Quote:
The latest voter rolls show that 2.9 million Coloradans are registered to vote. The percentage of Republicans was 34.8 percent, compared with 34.4 percent unaffiliated and 30.4 percent Democrats.
Colorado now has a Democratic governor and Democratic majority legislature. (And one Republican U.S. Senator, and one Democratic U.S. Senator)

Old 03-31-2008, 02:25 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
I believe that in the February caucus Obama got about 2/3 of the dem vote and Clinton got about 1/3. I'm having trouble with the link, but there was a column about the western states becoming blue. I think it was in the New York Post a few days ago. here is the link. Hope it works.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03282008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/gop_achilles (broken link)
_heel_103897.htm?page=0

For some reason the end of the link gets cut off. You have to cut and paste the whole thing.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:00 PM

97 posts, read 383,266 times
Wow, thank you all so much for the feedback. Personally, I love Obama, but what twenty year old doesn't today? I really can't stand New Yorkers voting for Hillary because she is our senator. I agree completely with Jazzlover, however. Everyone is completely avoiding the state our country is in today. My generation and our children are going to live horrible lives if we don't change this downward spiral called the US.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:39 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,976,875 times
Colorado voted overwhelmingly for Obama. The numbers are already posted, but in both pledged delegates and in popular vote, it was an Obama landslide (factor of nearly 2-1). Anecdotally, I recall that when Obama spoke at DU, it was like a rock concert: several times the capacity crowd showed up, with more people on the lawn at DU outside the venue than inside. In contrast, When Bill Clinton spoke, it would have been easy to find a seat there; his visit attracted very little interest from the public or the media. For her part, I don't think Hillary even bothered to show up in Colorado at this point, knowing how lopsided the support was in favor of Obama.

I'm not sure if the overwhelming numbers indicate a real support of Obama or simply a dislike of Hillary. I imagine its a bit of both. Whether or not the support translates into votes on election day is another question. While Colorado has been trending Democratic of late, in national races Colorado has tended to be more conservative than in statewide races -- Bush took the state both times.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:40 PM

357 posts, read 1,286,574 times
[removed].

btw, I get people chatting with me at lights, in coffee shops, everywhere when they see my obama bumperstickers and buttons. he's got a ton of fans here in the denver metro area (and I'm in Highlands ranch, lol).

Last edited by suzco; 04-05-2008 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: orphaned comment

Old 04-01-2008, 03:25 AM

712 posts, read 2,146,152 times
I agree Colorado is a Obama state.. and if he wins which he probably will.. he'll be in Denver for the democratic convention.. (actually it occurs to me he’ll be here reguardless.. as will Clinton) it's not like say the last election where the republicans were in New York.. now they’re going to Minnesota another state there "hated" in for their convention.. one thing the republicans aren't is bashful about going where they don't have a majority.. (but it should be noted to those that don't know.. we just recently turned Blue.. were new frontier country for the dem's)

What I can say from the locals here is.. I have spotted quite a few Obama bumper stickers.. can't recall ever seeing a McCain or Clinton though there are still some Kerry/Edwards flying around.. even some old bush stickers

What I think about Obama is he has the right energy, the right body language and or the right vibration to me.. and that's why I like him.. but I just want the best candidate for me to win.. whomever that is..

Old 04-02-2008, 10:55 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,924,569 times
I pick Obama. Hillary is my second choice. I do not hate McCain, but have less enthusiasm for him as opposed to Obama (for sure) and Hillary. Obama needs to pick a solid running mate who is strong in foreign policy and economic issues.

I thought that Colorado was a conservative state but have heard that it is heading more to the center in recent years. Obama did well in Colorado and am sure he will do very well in South Dakota if the race is still going in early June (back-of-pack primaries stink in normal years but may be interesting this year) and will get my vote.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:27 PM

11 posts, read 21,661 times
I like Obama.

Last edited by mv5841; 04-04-2008 at 02:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado