Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 04:02 PM

11,196 posts, read 7,249,969 times

Advertisements

Maybe the CO residents who think they 'own' the state are the ones polluting (with their mindset), and should get out...

Old 10-15-2018, 04:50 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,522,271 times
I don't care where they are from. I just wish they would stay there. And, yes, it has become more liberal in my opinion, due to so many coastal transplants. They flee California (or wherever) because of the high cost of living, high taxes, endless traffic jams, etc. and then they bring the same problems here.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
I don't care where they are from. I just wish they would stay there.
They're coming here just to annoy you personally. Congratulations on your misery.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:04 PM

98 posts, read 88,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
I don't care where they are from. I just wish they would stay there. And, yes, it has become more liberal in my opinion, due to so many coastal transplants. They flee California (or wherever) because of the high cost of living, high taxes, endless traffic jams, etc. and then they bring the same problems here.
Eventually "they" will price you out of Colorado. I'll laugh because I can't stand xenophobic people. Enjoy Arkansas, lil guy.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:17 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,801 posts, read 58,339,441 times
CO still has the vast majority of land area and 'enough' population diversity to retain Purple, that is purposed change by those who have a vested interest to make everyone think like THEY do. Fortunately there are still some populous areas in CO who vote with knowledge rather than media provided information. The campaign funding for races and measures largely comes from outside the state. (as it does in most states)

CO democracy / representation will eventually fall, (worse than current). It went into that dive 50 yrs ago, as residents who had formed the stability of the state were displaced by influx of dough (artificially inflated land valuations made it un-affordable (increased taxes) to survive a subsistence lifestyle on your generations old farm or ranch). (Ag and Business entities had to leave CO). Remember... those valuation increases only increase your asset (?) risk and taxation. Same bed, same pillow, same roof, just paying more for the 'privilege' (?) of living there. No 'realized' benefit until you sell (not easy to sell and move a farm or ranch).

Left coasters are used to absurd, biased, election control. (3 counties controlling the electorate of the entire state). And states swaying to the leadership(?) of their neighbors (CA rules the left coast, but propagating their RULES).

Welcome to the party, but it sure didn't start only 30 yrs ago.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:50 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,610,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
CO still has the vast majority of land area and 'enough' population diversity to retain Purple, that is purposed change by those who have a vested interest to make everyone think like THEY do. Fortunately there are still some populous areas in CO who vote with knowledge rather than media provided information. The campaign funding for races and measures largely comes from outside the state. (as it does in most states)

CO democracy / representation will eventually fall, (worse than current). It went into that dive 50 yrs ago, as residents who had formed the stability of the state were displaced by influx of dough (artificially inflated land valuations made it un-affordable (increased taxes) to survive a subsistence lifestyle on your generations old farm or ranch). (Ag and Business entities had to leave CO). Remember... those valuation increases only increase your asset (?) risk and taxation. Same bed, same pillow, same roof, just paying more for the 'privilege' (?) of living there. No 'realized' benefit until you sell (not easy to sell and move a farm or ranch).

Left coasters are used to absurd, biased, election control. (3 counties controlling the electorate of the entire state). And states swaying to the leadership(?) of their neighbors (CA rules the left coast, but propagating their RULES).

Welcome to the party, but it sure didn't start only 30 yrs ago.
I find this take absurd. It’s not like there aren’t other regional voting blocks. The south is just, if not more, uniform in their voting as California, Washington, and Oregon. Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and South Carolina may as well be a GOP run theocracy.

Some people on this board just really, really hate the idea that Colorado sometimes votes Democrat and need a narrative to explain it even if in reality we remain one of the most sane states in the union.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:43 PM

17,726 posts, read 29,945,178 times
As a Massachusetts’ Republican who moved here in 1980, I take complete credit for turning Colorado into a Commie Paradise.
I will never vote for a GOPer for the remainder of my life.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
As a Massachusetts’ Republican who moved here in 1980, I take complete credit for turning Colorado into a Commie Paradise. I will never vote for a GOPer for the remainder of my life.
Thanks for your help. 100 extra points for enthusiasm, purpose, confidence, and wit

Last edited by Thoreau424; 10-16-2018 at 08:59 AM..

Old 10-16-2018, 07:39 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,537,594 times
Places with the best educational systems are usually liberal. Washington- Colorado-Vermont have good K1-12 systems-all liberal Mississippi - Louisiana Alabama not good- They are bright red. In higher education California with the University of California system is the best in the world--they are liberal. Massachusetts similar. On the other hand the University of Arkansas or Kentucky are not so good-hence... you get the picture.

By the way I'm liberal on social issues-- conservative on violent crime and fiscal issues -in case you wonder about my bias.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:45 PM

98 posts, read 88,888 times
It's been proven that those who identify with the democratic party are far more educated than the other side. I see people trying to deny this, and I'm not sure why. It's well-known and proven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: