Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 11:43 AM

56 posts, read 222,936 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where I can get info on the new Three Springs subdivision going up near Durango? Builders, prices? My husband & I are looking at moving out there this spring. I've Googled it, & nothing comes up. Thanks guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2006, 12:31 PM

4 posts, read 26,525 times
http://www.threespringsdurango.com/

this is all i found on it. Not sure if they began construction on it.

Old 12-15-2006, 02:46 PM

297 posts, read 896,508 times
Call the number on the web site and they will send you some preliminary info. At least they did me. Good luck.

Old 12-15-2006, 03:55 PM

157 posts, read 651,817 times
Hi bigglynals and scout12,

As I understand it, Three Springs is a joint effort between Durango and The Southern Ute Indian Tribe (located to the east in Ignacio). The tribe owned the land and donated a portion to the city for the building of the large new $82mil Mercy Regional Medical Center / hospital. This facility is complete and opened in July. I think the deal was that in exchange for the land for the hospital, the tribe would then be able to develop the Three Springs Subdivision all around the hospital (I'm really not sure about all of the deatils). I seem to remember something in the paper about ground breaking last August maybe. I don't think any houses are built yet, but I am guessing that roads, etc are likely underway, but I haven't actually looked when I've been by there, to be honest.

Threespringsdurango.com is operational, but only allows you to register for their email list as of now - no real info. According to INDIANZ.com, Three Springs is 681 acres annexed by the city for housing, retail, and mixed use ... the first phase is 800 homes with up to 2300 planned. An article in the Durango Herald stated that families will begin moving in sometime in 2007, with some homes costing less than $200K. According to Natinal Geographic web site (no, really), the housing development could increase the population of Dgo by more than one-third. The developer is Tierra Group, LLC - the development arm of the Southern Ute Tribe. There is also an area called Ewing Mesa which is slated for develpment - 3000+ homes possible - even closer into Dgo.

When I googled "Three Springs durango", I found a lot of listings ... not enough time to look through them all yet. You might want to call the chamber of commerce 970.247.0312 or Tierra Group directly 970.385.7770.

I also posted some ideas on the thread about commuting from Bayf to Dgo. Hope this stuff helps ... best wishes.

Old 12-15-2006, 08:58 PM

Wow, thanks for all this info. All of it definetly helps. Bottom line, we're just worried we wont be able to find a house on his PT salary. But I'll check out these developers & see what their houses are starting at. Thanks again!

Old 12-17-2006, 04:46 AM

476 posts, read 2,318,921 times
I was over in Durango yesterday and I drove around a lot. They have just started building homes in Three Springs. I saw a few in a spot down from the hospital. It looks like the project is going to be huge. I went over to Skyridge and that area looks like a city just within itself. Massive building up there. I also went west over to Durango West which I think is pretty and secluded but I understand it gets more snow up there. I strolled over to Animas Valley and Dalton Ranch is nice. Also Rockridge up in the north, I think that is the name, bigger homes and more up in a mountain valley was nice. A few mammoth homes too. Up near Timberline there was some big'uns. Edgemont also has nice homes. I like that it has a more secluded area with trees. There is suburbs everywhere and I dont think I could ever see them all even in a year! They literally are scattered around everywhere. I love the downtown. Busy and full of life, not dead like most cities.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:03 PM

I just got an email from a lady behind the 3 Springs project. She said there are a few homes already built, but more coming in 2007. Average price will start at $350k. Townhomes & condos around $200-250k. That website gives you the option to get email updates & snail mail updates. We're looking in the $275k range. I know, crazy, we'll never find anything. I think we'll have to start looking in surrounding towns (ie. Bayfield). I would love to get as close to Durg. as possible.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigglynals View Post
I just got an email from a lady behind the 3 Springs project. She said there are a few homes already built, but more coming in 2007. Average price will start at $350k. Townhomes & condos around $200-250k. That website gives you the option to get email updates & snail mail updates. We're looking in the $275k range. I know, crazy, we'll never find anything. I think we'll have to start looking in surrounding towns (ie. Bayfield). I would love to get as close to Durg. as possible.
My personal opinion is that it will be hard to ever get a home or condo in Three Springs and here is why. As soon as they will be built, people will snatch them up since Three Springs is very close to Durango, It is right by the new hospital so doctors and nurses will want to live right there and walk to work or ride a bike since it literally is right there and retirees will want to be right by the hospital since you can be in the hospital within one minute and it is cheaper than Durango, so I look for them to go fast. An area to consider too is up on the mesa. You go toward Farmington and up there is a lot of farm homes with about a million county roads, just kidding but seems like a million, but these country homes are everywhere up in there and the homes are cheaper than Durango so you might look there too plus it is close to Durango, within 10 miles. HTH.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:18 PM

Do you happen to know what that area toward Farmington is called? I can start calling realitors. We're not too crazy about the townhomes/condos. We have 2 German Shepard mutts who need some space to run around.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigglynals View Post
Do you happen to know what that area toward Farmington is called? I can start calling realitors. We're not too crazy about the townhomes/condos. We have 2 German Shepard mutts who need some space to run around.
I think they call it Florida Mesa. Go past Three Springs toward the east and you will see it as you see a red light out there and most of it is toward the right out that way, turn where it says the Durango La Plata Airport is but the airport is like 15 miles or more out there but homes all throughout there. Also you can go up Farmington Hill toward Farmington and you climb until you get on top of the mesa and there are lots of country and farms homes up that way and out where I said. HTH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado