Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 08:54 AM

17 posts, read 15,809 times

Advertisements

@Mike, maybe HV is thinking of something like a Roman tub. Where the heat was supplied by burning woo. You could probably build one using a rocket stove and running the heat under the concrete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 07:50 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,054,000 times
All the concrete hot tubs I have been in Europe were pretty disgusting (cleanliness).
(last one in Denmark / wood heated)

How much concrete tank construction have you done? (Was one of many jobs, latest was underground pump station 10'Dia x 43' deep) Reinforced tanks can and do leak.

But each to his own.

When all is said and done, there is a lot more said than done.

Just do it! (as in pick up the shovel and GO!)

Old 02-27-2019, 02:30 AM

152 posts, read 143,118 times
Well for one, concrete on it's own is not watertight but there are endless examples on the internet and I guess they all function.
However, concrete can be made watertight with just some additional materials so that's solvable but most importantly - any concrete will only slowly release water probably in days and I plan to use this only 1-2 hours tops at any times and then empty it so doesn't really matter in the end. Besides, even wooden tubs leak - you need to soak them for days before use and that's how they work.

Have you seen the image I've posted earlier ? Also, cleanliness is up to you, if it was your own it would be as clean as you like it, wouldn't it ?

Old 03-05-2019, 11:03 AM

753 posts, read 843,236 times
Looks interesting HV. Glad you got this thread on track with some examples and such.

The fact that folks jump on you about water rights on every single thread is comical and a head-shaker.

WE GET IT!! Lol. Jeez.

Old 03-05-2019, 11:25 AM

5,529 posts, read 12,669,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcolaFLGuy View Post
Looks interesting HV. Glad you got this thread on track with some examples and such.

The fact that folks jump on you about water rights on every single thread is comical and a head-shaker.

WE GET IT!! Lol. Jeez.
Water rights in Colorado have been extensively adjudicated over the years. If you are in Florida you may know water rights in Florida, but do you really understand Colorado water laws?

Old 03-05-2019, 11:29 AM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
Water rights in Colorado have been extensively adjudicated over the years. If you are in Florida you may know water rights in Florida, but do you really understand Colorado water laws?
OP has made clear that he will truck water in for his few-months visits if need be. I think the bigger issue is building a place that will be empty for months at a time.

Old 03-05-2019, 11:50 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
... I think the bigger issue is building a place that will be empty for months at a time.
That's my concern too. Such a home will be a target for months at a time.

But as a person who counts his money closely I scratch my head at why someone from Europe wants to go to all the trouble to build a very unusual style of dwelling, in a fairly hostile climate, in a remote area of the USA, tie up all that money, and just use it 1-2 months per year. For the vast majority of us on this forum that just does not compute with our view of how to put our money to use. There are great resorts all over Colorado that one could visit for a while and then walk away from it at the end of the stay and still have our money at home working for us in productive manners.

A mid-point between owning such a home or staying in resorts is the concept of a timeshare in a Colorado resort where only a fraction of the money is tied up in 'ownership' of an asset. I hope Viktor has done some due diligence on this form of ownership.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:07 AM

753 posts, read 843,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
Actually, I own land in CO and studied the laws extensively. It think it's safe to say I know more about CO Water Rights than I do Florida's. Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado