Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 12:09 PM

924 posts, read 1,021,424 times

Advertisements

So I get it, I am obsessed with dirtbiking and ATVing. for years ive been trying to get her to ride a ATV or small kids dirtbike but she is scared or something, she wont do it.

So now, I came up with an idea. I will remodel a part of the house if she completes one easy trail. Im very handy and can pretty much do electrical, tiles, flooring, roofing etc so I am trying to use this to my advantage.

If she told me she wanted a 1000 polaris ATV I will go in right now to get one for her! but sadly not sure if there is a way to "trick" her into liking the outdoors

Old 04-15-2019, 12:18 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,054,000 times
I know a few hundred spouses who have a passion for the outdoors, but no interest at all in Dirt bikes and ATV style of 'Outdoors

There are a few other 'outdoor' options that may be more enjoyable.

If not... do the remodel anyway (not-coerced), and she will stay home and enjoy it while you are out on your ATV!

Enjoy your time apart! It can be a treasure.

Old 04-15-2019, 12:30 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,520,613 times
How about expanding the definition of what it means to love the outdoors? Maybe ask her what she would like to do outdoors - hiking, gardening, fishing, car camping, backpacking, train running, sight-seeing/nature photography or whatever - and spend half of your outdoor time doing those things.

Old 04-15-2019, 12:48 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,879,306 times
How about stop trying to trick your spouse with weird game playing and love her for who she is?

This is just weird.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:18 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willc86 View Post
So I get it, I am obsessed with dirtbiking and ATVing. for years ive been trying to get her to ride a ATV or small kids dirtbike but she is scared or something, she wont do it.

So now, I came up with an idea. I will remodel a part of the house if she completes one easy trail. Im very handy and can pretty much do electrical, tiles, flooring, roofing etc so I am trying to use this to my advantage.

If she told me she wanted a 1000 polaris ATV I will go in right now to get one for her! but sadly not sure if there is a way to "trick" her into liking the outdoors
Dirtbiking and ATVing are not part of the outdoors. I love the outdoors, and the thought of seeing while listening to an engine is a no for me.

My husband loves riding his motorcycle. I will never ride one. He asked once if I'd go with him. When it was a no, we compromised. I have a hobby that takes me out of town a lot. Every month, I go somewhere he wants to go. He rides his bike and meets me there.

You can't trick someone into liking something. Just not going to happen. The best you can do is compromise.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:26 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Many enjoy the actual out of doors - you know the kind where you experience and appreciate nature and leave it in a state no worse than you found it, thus allowing future visitors the same privilege.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:39 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,167,339 times
I love the outdoors, but I HATE hearing dirtbikes and ATVS, and I don't like seeing them tear up the land. Perhaps she would like going for a hike or something non-motorized?

Old 04-15-2019, 02:26 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
I know a few hundred spouses who have a passion for the outdoors, but no interest at all in Dirt bikes and ATV style of 'Outdoors

There are a few other 'outdoor' options that may be more enjoyable.
THIS! OP, her issue may not be "the outdoors". It may be the noisy ATV, and safety concerns riding a dirt bike on trails. And YOUR love of the outdoors seems to be integrally entwined with those vehicles. Why not explore options for meeting in the middle somewhere, like hiking, or fishing, camping with air mattresses and a big tent, or whatever floats her boat? Does that sound boring to you? If so, you may have to accept taking separate vacations or weekends part of the time, and finding something else you can do together, for other vacation times and weekends. Beach? Hawaii? Weekend lake getaways?

Marriage is an institution that provides people much opportunity to learn the art of compromise. Try it; you might like it.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 04-15-2019 at 03:09 PM..

Old 04-15-2019, 03:14 PM

235 posts, read 355,550 times
Turn off the engines and take a nice hike. Maybe she'll enjoy that more. Hard to take in & appreciate the wildflowers and wildlife and sounds of the mountains when you're bombing through them burning fossil fuels.

Old 04-15-2019, 03:28 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,669,721 times
What is it with the people here on this forum? This is the second post in a week where the husband is trying to figure out how to coerce his wife into doing something that HE wants to do? What happened to marriage being between two equal partners, and what happened to working together for a common goal?

These kind of posts don't belong here. There's a CD relationship forum. Willc86, go post your offensive post there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado