Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 10:43 AM

83 posts, read 59,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS79 View Post
Or move to MA. - they have Rec and MMJ just like us.

Then you have the whole East Coast to explore- pretty awesome.
Except MA is one of the few states more expensive than CO. We like to call it Taxachussets. I know MA has recreational marijuana. Anyway, although legal marijuana is a bonus, that's not the entire reason I want to move. But you are right--if marijuana were the only reason, it would make no sense to move when its so accessible in MA. The New England states are so small it's not even that long of a drive to get into MA if I wanted to purchase it legally there and bring it back (which you aren't supposed to do).
In Witchita Kansas I have family living there and it's cheap. So, moving there makes sense; or staying put. Sadly, in Kansas, marijuana is completely illegal. CO is, at this point, out of the question unless I can get someone to go with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 11:00 AM

332 posts, read 516,758 times
Not to hijack the op's thread, but what is generally considered a good hourly wage in CO in general (CO Springs in particular)?

Old 07-23-2019, 11:28 AM

6,809 posts, read 10,473,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StcLurker View Post
Not to hijack the op's thread, but what is generally considered a good hourly wage in CO in general (CO Springs in particular)?
Well I think it depends on your needs. A starting hourly pay around $15/hr is considered not bad - but that pay would be tough to live on even as a single person independently - hard to make rent/car/ins with that, but if you're very careful can probably just make it.

Pay in the $20s is considered pretty good and generally livable but not making bank.

Pay above the 20s is considered good to great. Once you hit about $50/hr it is pretty comfortable unless you're swimming in big debts or have a big family, etc.

IMHO, of course.

Old 07-23-2019, 11:29 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,362,124 times
Kind of a broad question, but in Colo Spgs you will make 15-20% less than what you would make in Denver, unless you are working with a large national or international organization, in which case it may be neutral to 10% less.

To take a swag, I'd say $16-20 is where things will make average rents within 30% of your wages. However, averages are tricky things.

Old 07-23-2019, 12:13 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,187,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Kind of a broad question, but in Colo Spgs you will make 15-20% less than what you would make in Denver, unless you are working with a large national or international organization, in which case it may be neutral to 10% less.

To take a swag, I'd say $16-20 is where things will make average rents within 30% of your wages. However, averages are tricky things.
If you are retired military/vet with an ACTIVE TS Clearance you will make MUCH MORE than Denver.

Old 07-23-2019, 12:33 PM

332 posts, read 516,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS79 View Post
If you are retired military/vet with an ACTIVE TS Clearance you will make MUCH MORE than Denver.
Not a vet, but I do have a CDL and about 10 years in a tow truck

Old 07-23-2019, 02:59 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,187,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StcLurker View Post
Not a vet, but I do have a CDL and about 10 years in a tow truck
The military contractors with clearances are the ones who makes the most money in C/S.

If you own your own business (or are a doctor/lawyer) I'm sure those salaries are similar to Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado