Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 09:38 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times

Advertisements

How are you folks doing up there? I saw the news and your snow story is captivating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 04:42 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
We did, it was awsome. I am so ready for winter...

Old 02-27-2010, 07:51 PM

Exclamation Emergency funds used for homeless growth

To be honost since this is about both cities I was not sure where to post this but decided in the main room would be best since this is about Pueblo too.

First Colorado Springs has the budget cuts that make national news now it looks like are once again Pueblo has to be the city to solve the regions issues. That is another reason I call Pueblo Colorado's "second city".

Stattelman said many Pueblo agencies are bearing an extra burden caused by the decision to move the homeless out of Colorado Springs, but local agencies are "very cognizant that we're not going to provide 'Greyhound' therapy here. We help people," Stattelman said. "Some of our (homeless) camps out there have been taken over by people from the Springs.

The link: The Pueblo Chieftain :: Emergency funds used for homeless growth

Old 02-28-2010, 11:48 AM

3,459 posts, read 5,794,241 times
Why do you seem so downbeat Jossie? Try to think of them as pilgrims flocking to the promised land.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:06 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
I hope Colorado Springs wakes up soon. My daughter lives there, BTW, so I'm not "anti" COS.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Why do you seem so downbeat Jossie? Try to think of them as pilgrims flocking to the promised land.
I just think its interesting that a city with a MSA of over 600,000 people is expecting Pueblo, with a MSA of 160,000 people, to once again solve its issues. As usual we are stepping up but at some point they need to act like a city and solve its own issues.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:38 PM

2,221 posts, read 5,290,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I just think its interesting that a city with a MSA of over 600,000 people is expecting Pueblo, with a MSA of 160,000 people, to once again solve its issues. As usual we are stepping up but at some point they need to act like a city and solve its own issues.
Don't think of it as stepping up...it's more like stepping "in" it.

We are solving our own issues in Colorado Springs. We are not willing to tolerate nor pay for filthy deadbeats camping on our park trails and crapping all over the place like a flock of geese...and it appears that you are. You can either take the leeches in and pay the bill, or you can keep 'em moving. There's no room at the inn here...whether or not there is in Pueblo is up to you. Same goes for Boulder. If you want someone to pay for and accomodate these bums then let it be you.

Time for you to quit whining and put your money where your mouth is. All it'll do is attract even more of them. Then you'll get that growth you yearn for so much. Pueblo has all the makings of a great Hooverville.

Last edited by Bob from down south; 02-28-2010 at 11:49 PM..

Old 02-28-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
Don't think of it as stepping up...it's more like stepping "in" it.

We are solving our own issues in Colorado Springs. We are not willing to tolerate nor pay for filthy deadbeats camping on our park trails and crapping all over the place like a flock of geese...and it appears that you are. You can either take the leeches in and pay the bill, or you can keep 'em moving. There's no room at the inn here...whether or not there is in Pueblo is up to you. Same goes for Boulder. If you want someone to pay for and accomodate these bums then let it be you.

Time for you to quit whining and put your money where your mouth is. All it'll do is attract even more of them. Then you'll get that growth you yearn for so much. Pueblo has all the makings of a great Hooverville.
Adamantly Pueblo does not have the resources to help the homeless of a region of 750,000 people (Pueblo plus Colorado Springs) but as usual we don't cry about it but do our best with the resources we have to help when asked to by the state, even Colorado Springs. Look at this like from the article:

"In the Springs, they say they have beds for all of those people, but we don't have extra beds, and we can't really absorb those extra people. But if people are here, we'll serve them."

I am not upset or crying about this but this is just the latest example that when southern Colorado needs help they turn to Pueblo not Colorado Springs. Why whould they look at Colorado Springs when you guys can't even take care of your own? This is a perfect example why I call Pueblo Colorado's "second city".

Old 03-01-2010, 12:12 AM

2,221 posts, read 5,290,974 times
Quote:
Adamantly Pueblo does not have the resources to help the homeless of a region of 750,000 people (Pueblo plus Colorado Springs) but as usual we don't cry about it but do our best with the resources we have to help when asked to by the state, even Colorado Springs.
They're not "our" homeless...many of them drifted in here because a bunch of idiots decided to feed them and give 'em stuff in that crap-encrusted river bottom they're squatting in. The bum brigade has a pretty effective communication network. Start feeding the flies, and in a flash you'll find they're everywhere.

Quote:
I am not upset or crying about this but this is just the latest example that when southern Colorado needs help they turn to Pueblo not Colorado Springs. This is a perfect example of why I call Pueblo Colorado's "second city".
Actually, what you're doing is whining. And I say go ahead and let the bums of southern Colorado turn to you instead of Colorado Springs. Then you'll truly have yourself a second city down there in Pueblo, which I call "The Detroit of The West."

Old 03-01-2010, 12:21 AM

^ Perhaps your right, maybe Pueblo should follow the lead of Colorado Springs and send the issue to another city for them to deal with? Na that's not how we do things here in Pueblo. We try to help anyone in need when asked or in this case sent the problem without asking.

This reminds me of the Blizzard a few years ago when the farmers out east had trouble getting food to their livestock and lost millions of dollars. Where did they turn for help? Denver the state capitol, Colorado Springs home of Focus on the Family or Pueblo? They went to Pueblo where they had a sold out fundraiser concert at the state fair events center. I am not saying these two situations are similar because obviously they are not, other then the fact people need help. I just find it ironic that to this day when Colorado needs help they usually turn to Pueblo and honestly I take pride in the fact that my city does all it can to help when asked. I hope we don't change as we grow.

Last edited by Josseppie; 03-01-2010 at 12:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado